1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

opinions please about fiverr

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tradtke, Dec 15, 2013.

I've heard a lot about fiverr.com and contradictory to what i was expecting it gets good reviews. I tried it and its very easy to use now I just need some ideas and this is where i would like your opinion. I decided that the best road for me to take considering my skill is advertising using twitter. I opened an account and I have about 2,000 followers and slowly growing. The problem is that "i will post your link to my followers" is all over the place and nothing special about it, plus there are many that have over 20,000 people compared to my 2,000. I am trying to come up with something unique, that separates my service from others. What other avenues could I explore to be a better asset that someone who is just going to post on twitter. I'm thinking something like "I'll post on my twitter AND... bla bla bla" any ideas? thanks.

tradtke, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  2. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I started using Fiverr, all that it took for people to buy my gig was advertising. Post on forums (where you're allowed to), send out tweets, just drive some traffic to your sales page.

Once you get a few positive reviews, you'll be surprised by how many people start snapping up your gig.

YoungAce, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  3. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few good people on fiverr for some services but there are also a bunch of not so great ones, I always am very careful with this

ChrisBa, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  4. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your best bet is to decide on a niche and, if you can't use your existing twitter account, grow a new one around your chosen niche. If I wanted dating traffic, for instance, I'd much rather pay 5 bucks for a guy with 2,000 followers interested in dating than a guy with 20,000 random followers (that he likely build through free social exchanges).

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I used to go there a lot, but in the last 6 mo. or so I kind of cooled off to that service. I think they need to weed out all the fake services - big time. If they don't - it will be history in a 1-2 year time period.

qwikad.com, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  6. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good post. You're right, there' so much trash on Fiverr. I can't remember how many times I've heard people say "there are a few good gigs on there." The implication being: the rest are a waste, which is pretty much true of the marketing niches.

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i went on a fiverr binge a while ago, and i have put in massive amounts into the fiverr system.
    To give you an idea, one project, (which was to cost multiple gigs) took 12months to get it done.... this was waiting patiently for deadlines to expire, then a week or two of no contact then eventually i had to cancel and re-hire. One person, strung me along for months and months, I had to chase them trying to get an answer if they would even do the project before i canceled the project.

12months to get this project done. and the guy that finally did it, did it in a matter of hours.

and thats not all. One of my graphics projects was quite large,(10+ images and its a gig per image) I gave a tip for each job they did well. the girl did all the first lot of graphics (3 images) quite well, the second order was delayed as they were overbooked by other fiverrs, (why didnt she do my work first if i pay double what the rest? why would you keep a good tipper waiting?) then the third order, strung me along for 6 months before i cancelled the order.
    I now have an incomplete set of graphics, so hired someone else, but different style, again got 4 images done, and now they arent working on fiver. so now i have about 10 images, ($100 min cost) that need to be scrapped, and start the project again? ahh no. Project itself is scrapped.

this is an example, of how needing 10 images of a single style is nearly impossible on fiverr as the people that work there tend to be too flaky and un-reliable.

another project i had was illustrating a story i was writing, pretty fun project to be honest. Again, guy does 3 comics/illustrations, got paid tips for every project, after that im waiting months for him for nothing. tried hiring someone else..... then another.... then another..... gave up for 12 months, finally rehired someone else, and guess what.... same thing, guy is unreliable. I need someone reliable. The idea was to launch 1 new page of story each week for almost a year. in 1 year, i couldnt even get 4 pages done.

and if i do start the project again, i need to scrap all the work done so far,(be over $50 spent on this) and start again, so that the illustrations and drawings have a semi-consistant style.
    YES there are some good gigs out there, and YES there are some people that I am very happy to have worked with. But all things considered, after putting in massive amount of moola into fiver, there is very very little projects that I am actually using today. And even fewer projects that didnt turn into an absolute hassle and waste of time.

All that money is gone. but worse, all the time i wasted could have been put elsewhere. If you want to use fiver, thats fine. But dont expect too much.

ps. while this rant is aimed at showing the buyers side of things, there is also the sellers side. I have seen many people have quit working on fiverr. Low pay, ridiculous buyer expectations ($5 should give a logo worth $5000 right?) I promise you that noone has quit over me, as I have tipped for nearly everyjob done well on time. But you do have to understand, that while i love the concept, and security of worker getting paid after delievering the job, it really seems that fiverr is a reasonably unhealthy environment for both buyers and sellers.

nope. that is not the problem. The problem is absolutely zero ROI for buyers. I have done this, tried many times, absolutely zero clicks.

matt_62, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com and cronik like this.
  8. Indianad

Indianad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to be diligent in your hiring efforts on Fiverr. The sellers I have found have not disappointed so far. However, I take 7 and 8 looks prior to purchasing a gig.
    There are good people on Fiverr who are doing excellent work, unfortunatley, as the saying goes: One apple makes the bushel smell!

Indianad, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  9. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you know your guarantee click from your twitter followers that will good to change bka...bla..bla:)

karmaseo, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  10. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you think to make some small business better go freelance than work with fiverr. There is high competition so it will be hard for you if you just start.

adbash, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are some interesting gigs on Fiverr that I would pay for. Personally i wouldn't both advertising services on there. I don't think you will see a good return.

NetStar, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  12. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It used to be easy to make money with Fiverr, but now the competition is ridiculous. It's great for automated services, downloads and services that don't take 30+ min. When I first used Fiverr I was getting too many orders, and I got overwhelmed because it's only $5 - I wasn't prepared for that much work.

cronik, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  13. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is a great platform but as others have mentioned, the competition is massively high. Without wanting to be discriminatory either, there are a lot of Indians and Pakistanis on the site who would work for a dollar, let alone five, which just further provides you with ridiculous competition, as well as scares a lot of potential buyers off of Fiverr when they receive low quality work from those users.

Owen.P, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  14. Carrol09

Carrol09 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It was pretty cool. I lost my all orders after new reinvention. I switched to SEOClerks.com, its much better than Fiverr in terms of sales and support.

Carrol09, Dec 28, 2013 IP
  15. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Fiverr in the past, both to get work done and get some quick freelance work. Unfortunately I very rarely had people buy one of my gigs from Fiverr itself. Most of the leads came from outside marketing such as forums and Twitter. Make a great sales pitch and use your network to get things rolling.

Suckerpunch, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  16. Moon Lee

Moon Lee Member

Best Answers:
    Driving traffic to your fiverr page is better but if you want to sales tweet you may join Sponsor tweet and they pay well.

Moon Lee, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  17. hicksz1

hicksz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This fiverr text is worth everyone’s attention. How can I find out more?

hicksz1, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  18. MissLisaS

MissLisaS Peon

Best Answers:
    You will always need to have a unique and different approach when trying to sell services like posting to Twitter, using Facebook, writing articles, building backlinks, and all of those types of money making methods. These people have 20,000 followers, but the reality is that most people are wasting their $5 on it because of the fact that none of those followers are going to actually click on what that person offers most of the time. Especially when you take into consideration that they are offering a ton of different products every day. What real value are they providing their 20,000 followers that will make those people want to click on something that person tweets about.

MissLisaS, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  19. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use fiverr discriminately. I've been lucky, only had one project where the finished product was not nearly as good as the samples provided. I think two different people did them. The rest though, have gone above and beyond and provided real value.

I ALWAYS watch their videos, read many of the reviews, the bad ones I'm particularly interested in. I want to see what others had problems with. Unfortunately, fiverr asks you to provide feedback before you get to use the product, so I think some people leave a positive reply but find out after that that what they bought did not work so well.

@matt_62, is there a way for you to lodge a complaint with fiverr about the errant providers? I hope you left honest feedback about the issues, so other people will steer clear of them.

Annea, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  20. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, OP - I kind of went off in another direction in that last post. When it comes to Twitter, I don't know what else you could do, aside from sending out a tweet to a highly targeted and active Twitter account, maybe with a photo/graphic.

Annea, Jan 4, 2014 IP