1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google adwords vs Facebook ads

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by xXxpert, Dec 14, 2013.

Hi DP members,

I want to invest some $$$ to my websites but i am confused among these 2 companies

1) Google Adwords
    2) Facebook Ads

I want to get Coming back visitors, who does not visit once with ad and never came back..
    Please suggest me with your experienced tips

xXxpert, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  2. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally tried Facebook Retargeting but I've heard great great things about it.

But I have tried Adsense retargeting, it worked well but it was super expensive. What I would do if I were you, I would put like $40 into Facebook and $40 into Google and see what one performs better for your personally.

Noticed, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  3. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup, i have just invested 20$ on Facebook and will add same in adwords and will see the response.
    as far i got from Facebook
    Website Clicks : 155
    Amount Spent: $3.76
    CPC : $0.02

From that traffic 4 Users have been registered to website and less than 50% bounce rate

xXxpert, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  4. tikis

tikis Active Member

Best Answers:
    if shop it best is fb advertising

if sell services best is google

tikis, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. Host Dingle

Host Dingle Member

Best Answers:
    Your CPC is very good, you should stay with facebook ads. I have spent $43.95 on adwords but bounce rate is very high 88%.

Host Dingle, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  6. Modular

Modular Member

Best Answers:
    The CTR of FB ads is a lot lower than the Adwords, however the CPC is is also a lot lower so the best decision is to try both and after checking the result you can allocate you budget to the more effective platform. Also bear in mind that the ad copy have significant importance about your CTR, CPC, conversion, etc.

Modular, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  7. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup i have tried 6 ads at FB and 3 of them got high clicks so removed other 3 and now continued with good 3 ones, and one thing to add. the CPC is lower in right sidebar ad than News Feed. i recommend using right column ad if someone want t CPS around $0.01 to $0.03

xXxpert, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    These two facebook and google are the most used and well known digital advertising media peoples are using to promote their product or service.On Facebook you can choose the audience for your ads. Targeting options allow to filter users based on interests, demographic and geographic filters: You can reach the right audience and your ads will be seen only by users you have profiled.
    If you directly compare metrics like CTR and CPC, often Facebook ads effectiveness seems far inferior to what can be achieved on Google Adwords search network and other search engine advertising platforms.

dean1122, Dec 17, 2013 IP
    xXxpert likes this.
  9. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adword is good if your business is selling services, products, etc
    Facebook is a place where you can find most active users all the time. If your are selling the products of daily uses or similar to that then Facebook is good.
    For this, you have something in your website that interest your customers.
    For re-targeting, go for Adwords re-targeting. This will be best for you.

Start investing less money, check the performance, if good then go ahead if bad then check whether your ad, keyword, landing page, QS is good. May be sometime our bad ad strategy lead towards our business failure and vise verse. So, check carefully because this is the time that will help you in choosing the better platform for growing your business.

AppyArry, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  10. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have done both of the ads and I am telling you from my experience. First you need to understand the difference between the audience who see facebook ads and who see google ads. On facebook people come to chat with their friends, play games and do all the fun activities. Their intention is not to find any product or service. But on Google people come to find out something and if you can give them that, there is higher probability of those audience to convert to sales.

I am not saying that Facebook ads are not effective. But first determine what you want at the end of the day. If you want likes to your facebook page, hits to the website then facebook ads are very good. These ads can also give you conversions if you are very specific about your audience as facebook gives you the ability to set demographics according to the type of audience you want your ads to be shown. If you are totally concerned about getting sales, then you can try Google ads as they are very reliable in getting conversions to your website and will cost you cheap.

Finally , I will suggest you that think like a customer who is looking for a product or service that you offer. Then think where you will go to look that product .. If you think you will go to look for that product on Google than definitely go for adwords and If you think that you can also click on the link and go to the website if you see some ad your facebook home feed when you are surfing around then you can also give it a try. But in my opinion, Google ads will always be my first preference to drive conversions. Good luck :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Joe Badger, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  11. seodemadrid

seodemadrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Today definitely google Adwords

seodemadrid, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  12. Suz Suz

Suz Suz Peon

Best Answers:
    NO! GOOGLE ADWORDS IT'S WAY MORE EXPENSIVE! RIGHT NOW PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE LEADER IS FACEBOOK. PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT FACEBOOK IS LESS EFFECTIVE IS BECAUSE THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT. IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND YOU TO USE GOOGLE ADWORDS.

Here is the solution. I use this software.
    Basically you Target specific leads, you get to keep these real leads and you drive massive traffic to your fan page and webiste. It Saves you time and money. Get penny clicks and start making sells through the people that actually want and need your product or service.
    This is what the big internet marketers are using but most people don't know about.
    Just check it out, you don't have anything to lose. It's a simple software that will blow your mind!
    Click here to target specific leads.

Also contact me if you have any questions or you need help with something else. There's a society that we are creating that requires an invitation.

Suz Suz, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  13. seodemadrid

seodemadrid Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is obviously more expensive but more cost effective especially for certain niches, there are potential customers who do not visit social networks.

seodemadrid, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  14. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Basically the site i advertising does not SELL any product, its just a Funny videos, Watch Online Movies website so i need audience that like that kind of entertainment stuff :)

xXxpert, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  15. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good, you can never say that Adwords is worse or Facebook Ads, however Adwords is a much bigger and competitive platform, and facebook is less, but it doesnt work for every niche(s), so i suggest to try both and see the individual results for your website.

Sherlock, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  16. seodemadrid

seodemadrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree, we must test the individual results and then to choose

seodemadrid, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  17. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest google adwords then fb ads. But first you should consult to the adwords professional first so you won't make any mistake.

komrad, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  18. Ashish Aggarwal

Ashish Aggarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    may be that your landing page does not attract people @falcon18

Ashish Aggarwal, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  19. Host Dingle

Host Dingle Member

Best Answers:
    Did you invest on adwords? If yes can you please share your adwords result?

Host Dingle, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  20. tranvantrung

tranvantrung Member

Best Answers:
    which is cheaper than ?

tranvantrung, Dec 28, 2013 IP