1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you earning well with AdSense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Mr.Dog, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that. You did.

Good content + good traffic is the adequate combination.

What I said was good content solely by itself is not good for much. It's like a delicious food served in a hidden restaurant, deep in a dark alley that no-one knows about!

That's why we still need SEO/advertising.

Mr.Dog, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  2. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Travel and insurance. UK market only.

mahnazkut, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  3. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good analogy.

I will give you one.

Doing SEO for Google SERPs is like prayer.
    Even if only 1 thing out of a hundred things you pray for come to pass, you still thank God.

ceebee, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  4. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you high lol hahaha

khodem, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. Child_Please

Child_Please Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I`d rather not give any more information - whether it`s about my niche or my site specifically. Sorry, it`s nothing personal but I don`t want to be identified in any way. My site has been around for almost two decades though and it has steady, genuine and a perfect audience for AdSense.

BTW, this month is over $7k already, probably going to finish in the $11k to $12k range! :D

Child_Please, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  6. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    I've earned a good amount of income from AdSense.

Solar Oblivion, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  7. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if anyone has theories about ad placement (location on page) and what works better.

I upgraded all my blog sites to leaderboard size... and got a 20% gain. Though I think it is just that they bring in more $.$$ per click not more clicks.

And NO i do not make over one thousand per month. But it's my own damn fault. 8 years ago - i had a cash machine. But was too lazy to expand on it.

Mind you, I imagine I would have had my income rebooted several times since then. I tended to push the limits, so I imagine I would have got dinged.

ceebee, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  8. wordpressdev

wordpressdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adsense is so uncertain and unpredictable. Yet, it is the most easy way to monetize your website especially if you are not into selling affiliate products. My adsense earnings fluctuate between $400 - $1200 per month. I know the difference is quite high but I am unable to spot the reason of fluctuation as yet.

wordpressdev, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  9. evo180sx

evo180sx Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes I earn a fair amount from adsense. Over $2000 AUD a week however a lot of money has been invested into the websites I own.

evo180sx, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  10. rdc_klaus

rdc_klaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to make payout every few months along time ago. I then applied some design changes that helped to generate more traffic. Next I followed adsense guidelines to a tee. I started and still do go to adsense events when they are in the area. I talk to a google adsense rep and he gives me his 15minutes to point out things to improve on.

All of that work over a few years of time got me in the low 4-digits constantly month after month today. November 2012 I got very very close to $10k once. That was due to a slahdot effect exclusive original story we ran, plus certain "shopping months" when adsense eCPM is up.

We also don't put all our eggs in one basket and have adsense compete on the DFP platform against other networks.

The highest paying ads for us is still direct sales the old fashion way. Sales rep hitting the trade shows with media-kits and negotiating ad buys. The CPM rate we sell is 2-5x what adsense pays out, so its always better. Adsense is my backup system for unsold inventory.

The downside to earning more money is that the machine needs to get oiled all the time. My monthly expenses to generate content, sales rep, phones, servers, travel, design work etc. take a big chunk out of my wallet. There is no free money folks and adsense can work. When I first signed up years ago I was excited to finally generate money with my site to only see monthly statements of $5. Its cliche, but hard and smart work pays off.

--
    What niche? Motorsports

rdc_klaus, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  11. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    That certainly is an incredibly high fluctuation in earnings. How many months are your comparisons based over? Does your earnings roughly reflect your traffic totals for those months? Could there be anything that causes more traffic to your site at a certain point in the month or year?

Owen.P, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  12. BluRank

BluRank Member

Best Answers:
    The big dogs usually don't talk about their earnings. And those who do are usually faking it trying to make up for little dick syndrome.

BluRank, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  13. wordpressdev

wordpressdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In Sept 2013 I made $1,000, Oct 2013 was $500 while Nov was $450. Dec is bit better. Majority of my traffic is generated from some referrers. The ups and downs in traffic impacts Adsense earnings.

14. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    That's just a massive deviation that I'd be worried. If you don't mind, what's the niche of your website? Was there something particular in September that would have encouraged more visits to your site, or more user interactivity?

Owen.P, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  15. wordpressdev

wordpressdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site is about job listings. In September I got massive traffic from an aggregator for reasons beyond me. In the months that followed, the traffic from that particular site was reduced by 40-50%.

16. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    If I made 10 grand a month with Adsense I would want to talk about it all day.

GregWR, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  17. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    Whereas a serious money-maker would use their bragging time to continue working, developing & maintaining their website(s) with a view to potentially increasing their income for the next month. And that's likely why you won't be successful. :)

Owen.P, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  18. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I can assure you I do very well my friend and would already consider myself successful.

GregWR, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  19. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is very reliable and predictable. I trust adsense without doubt. But not the search engine itself. Google is unpredictable and unreliable, just like SEO. As soon as I have got my traffic, I have my adsense income no problem with that. Now trying to work out and get back to the track If I can. So it is much more difficult than before.. It was really easy few years ago.

mahnazkut, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  20. Zebios

Zebios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well i've just one site and i'm earning 950$/month..the niche is general health..and i tell you a secret DP members..it's not all about niches this is completely wrong..you can choose whatever you want as niche..you haven't to worry about chossing a niche you have to worry about optimizing your site and incrasing traffic..if you don't work on seo of course you will have a little earning, but if you work hard on your site and write a good content which interests the audience then you will earn more and more cauz it's all about SEO friends :)

Zebios, Dec 24, 2013 IP