1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

200+ years of age? Its happening...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by devils_reject, Dec 20, 2013.

1. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    And for the insurance? unlimited bills? food? rents? hmm..i guess you are not thinking far beyond.
    And even if, just even if, you probably don't need car now, sooner or later you will going to need it. Or let's say, heck, you really don't need a car.
    You are 1 out of billion people that do not need a car, in which like i said, if ALL people would age up to 200, hmm how much debts are those? :p

s2pidkaspr, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  2. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How does this increase anything? Would seem to me that this stuff is constant, it doesn't increase just because you live longer. Sure you use more, but that doesn't increase your debt at all.

Obviously, short-distance travel (100+km) without a car is not very enjoyable. Thus I wrote "If I need it, I rent it". My needs are so little that I can't justify dropping $10k into a car that will just sit stationary for months after months so that I might one day use it for a day or two - I rather pay that $100 a day for rental. Or just rent car with driver when I have clear destination, even cheaper.

I bet I'm not the only one not needing a car, and I don't personally know anyone who'd purchase a car with that long payment time. I understand getting a mortgage that you have to stick with for 20 years, but for a car that seems like too much...

SliceOfLife, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  3. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok let me try that again, the more you live, the more time you spend on things, the more money you'll spend. Do you even notice? At Teenager, you just ask money from a friend to treat you to buy you snacks maybe at school or whatever? For like what? $5? I don't know or something, then college comes, its a must that you buy books or probably pay for gas money or use money to take bus or school projects, in which where does this money comes from? your mom? probably your allowance that may end up spending it all before the day ends and probably borrow some more money for tomorrow? which probably like what? $20? $50? $100? then after college, there goes finding a job, earning money now, and what? got to live on your own? start getting credit cards? buying stuffs? paying insurance? and so on and so on....it gets bigger and bigger.

Maybe, just maybe these scenarios do not apply to you, probably you're rich or whatever and dont have that much issue on money and debts. But, in reality, MOST people have experience these stuffs in life. Like i said, not everyone can afford to buy stuffs.

Like i said, you are probably rich or have enough money to support your own, in which my statement is to apply for most people whereas yours applies only to yourself. Maybe if living up to 200 of age don't matter to you. But for most people, they do. I mean seriously, why MUST everyone is in need of money if everyone has enough like you right? LOL.

5 years for a car is too much? O_O man, you must really be rich. Then, you won't understand what it means to be broke. I mean, i'm not broke, i got a full time job paying good bills, but heck, i still have debts around me. And i do have friends that even have more debts than me, you must be lucky to have that kind of status in your life.

Anyway, sooner or later you'll be needing your own one not a rented car. What if you started making your own family? I mean, seriously, don't tell me you'll just rent a car day by day for your kids to drop off at school? or rent a car weekly to do groceries? or probably rent a car yearly to go to your job? :p

I mean, even Michael Jackson, a millionaire pop icon owes a debt of $50 million even after his death. Mike Tyson a popular boxer filed bankruptcy because of his debt of $27 million. And those are just examples from really rich people. Now imagine the poor ones? And they aren't even on their 100's of age yet, imagine if age are doubled? Spending would be doubled too, don't you think so? But i do agree that those debts doesn't apply for everybody probably like you, but like i said again, for MOST people it will.

But honestly though, it doesn't matter. It's not like we will live to see people grow up to 200 years of age or more, if its possible to happen in the future. We're all dead by then and we won't know what really would happen.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    s2pidkaspr, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Think of the difference between now versus 1913. The people alive then would not believe what we are able to do now in just about all aspects of life. It will be as different for us 100 years from now as it would be for someone from 1913 seeing us now.

jrbiz, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  5. Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just enjoy in life in front of you and don`t care about everything....

Ryan Wilson, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  6. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We hear that it may become possible that human beings can live 200 years and we're focusing on debt? Helllloooo!

People who live in cities with public transportation can and do very easily live without a car! Again, who cares? The big story here is the remarkable potential longevity. Everything else will get sorted out to accommodate any change in conditions.

Annea, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  7. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who's focusing on debts? It's just an exchange of statements since the question was asked.
    And for your information, people who live in cities most likely needs a car even there's public transportation on. I mean seriously, every single one of us dream or at least imagine having our own car, own house, own tv, or computer, etc...its a matter of reaching a goal on what we can achieve.Why do we work anyway? to just buy food to eat? nahh..we work to pay bills, to be able in one day buy stuffs we imagine we could have, to support our family. In which in the end, may cause us in debts. We humans have a desire to achieve ones achievement you know.

8. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously, but what you spend doesn't increase your debt - unless you don't pay your debt back, which usually leads to not getting that much more debt as nobody lends you money. In case you count everything you've ever borrowed (and paid back) as one accumulative debt, then, I don't know - that simply doesn't make sense.

Honestly I don't see that affecting anything; yes, I'd need more money, but on the other hand I'd make more money - no change in overall wealth there. Maybe positive change if anything, given more time to grow business.

I'm far from rich, not even on annually six figures yet (although getting closer and closer, maybe within the next couple years if everything grows on the rate it does now), but maybe it's just because I take a look at what's needed and practical. The need for car is very slim, so financially it makes no sense to buy one when renting comes much, much more cheaper in the long run.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a neat ride, and I do miss my old FD3S every now and then, but having a car simply ain't worth it for me. Maybe if I actually become rich someday I'll get back to cars, but before that I'll stick to rentals.

Now why on Earth would I get a family? You're the one broke yet it seems like you're just begging for more expenses... For groceries I just make the run with my moped, and the day I need a vehicle to get from my bed to my computer 10 feet away I might just bite the bullet... In case I did do either of those, then obviously I'd buy a car, but in the range of $5k-10k so that I could pay it right off.

You and me, the "Average Joe", won't have to worry about the "debt is wealth" mentality, because it doesn't affect us the slightest.

And so would income.

SliceOfLife, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've got the elixir that reverses age perfectly. It's called... red wine (some of you are probably sick of me constantly praising that God given blessing).

After about two or three glasses I look at myself in the mirror and say to myself: "You truly look 10 years younger. You've still got it young man!"

qwikad.com, Dec 23, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like i said, that's you. But not all people are like you, who needs more money yet earn more at the same time. Some people just needs more money yet no income is coming.
    Again, your theory is based only to yourself, in which mine is in general.

Again, you are talking about yourself. =/ Why do you see this conversation as if it will only apply to you and not others?

Ok. for the last time, you are seeing this for yourself. Maybe you don't want a family 5-10-20 years from now, i don't mind, that's your decision. But will that be the same decision for others? Come on man, stop looking at this is just only benefits you, there are billion of people out there, maybe they wanted to start a family no?

Plus i never said i'm broke, did you even read my sentences? I said i'm not broke, i got a full time job, paying good bills, never a miss. But, still has debts to pay.

Wrong. Doubling age, doesn't mean doubling the income. The income is based on how Government runs the rules about money, about how the stocks would rise or fall for each country, and how would trading goods will be. It's not because of age. Think about it, minimum wage was like $5 or even less around 1980's or whatever, but doubled today in this generation about $9 or $10. Did that double our age too? LOL. Again, age got nothing to do with incomes. But then again, living more days, means more time to spend on more things, making it high risk to gain more debts. But again and again, i keep saying, it does not apply on all people, just on most.

11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Economics is but one issue in the discussion of living to 200. I suspect that those who live in debt for their first 50 years will continue to do so the next 150 and those who demonstrate an ability to acquire wealth in their first 50 years will continue to do so the next 150. So, not much will change in that regard. Might be a discouraging prospect for the debtors, of course.

But what about all of the other ramifications of a greatly increased lifespan? Would it make more sense, for example, to have student education go an extra ten years because there is that much more time to use the knowledge and skills? How would people look at their careers differently knowing that they will have a career for 180 years? The topic raises a lot of interesting questions. Too many to list.

jrbiz, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  12. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not to mention long jail time if you do something illegal and got sentenced. O_O
    Or a pack of people, since dying would be in a longer time whereas you can make babies in your 15's, some earlier. And there are people who have kids of like 5-8 before even they reach 30 years old. If we live up until 200 of age, how many kids can a single mother produce? What?! Hahaha. I mean just by today, it seems crowded when you go in any cities, imagine it with even more people. Whew.

jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, jail sentences are definitely an issue. Imagine being sentenced to 100 years and knowing that you will have to serve the entire time!

Population issues don't concern me that much. Havin flown across the U.S. at night many times, it is obvious how little of the land is actually inhabited (i.e., lit up) and I suspect that this is the case around the world. Sure there will be technical issues to make the land livable (e.g., bringing water to the desert) but technology will keep pace, I believe.

jrbiz, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  14. s2pidkaspr

s2pidkaspr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah for now, but if you do a research on statistics, number of people increases every year.

Have you seen these?

or these?

Living in those cities must be hard eh?

s2pidkaspr, Dec 24, 2013 IP