1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Error after moving the website from EZPZ to Dreamhost

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by hasibrsohel, Dec 19, 2013.

I am getting error on my wordpress website after moving this website from ezpz hosting to dreamhost. You will be able to see the error here: http://www.hello.hasibrsohel.com/

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks!

hasibrsohel, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  2. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems you have a permission issue, try changing the permission file in your theme at Wp-content file, you can use the Cpanel directly or the Filezilla client.
    Your new server has a different configuration than the old one, so file won't be opened as usually, just change permission to 755 and continue testing whet you have as error in the browser.

FAT238, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  3. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just want to add, if the problem persist, you have to delete your theme completely and change to a default theme to test, then you can reupload your theme again please keep you backup for any mistake.

FAT238, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  4. hasibrsohel

hasibrsohel Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried by changing permission to 755 but it did not work :(

hasibrsohel, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  5. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, thing happened because 1 or 2 plugins. Try disabled / deactivated all plugins and try again. Usually, problem came due to your recent plugins installation.

Tips: Always export your content and save into a safe place. And also download your WP-content files. If you would like to do an auto backup, I suggest using backupbuddy.

Good lucks!

imuncutno1, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  6. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only one problem,the newstimes that you use needs permissions to regenerate functions in the new host, so you should set permissions 777 for wp-content file, then open it and change the themes file permission to 777 and finally you need to change also permission to be 777 for newstimes file.
    If you just changed permissions for the theme only, the wp-content file won't be changed, all the files inside it should be 777 and don't forget to change them back to their initial permissions like 755.
    If with all this you still get the error then you should contact Dreamhost to set the permissions for you.

FAT238, Dec 28, 2013 IP