1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create your own site?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mayank6169, Dec 19, 2013.

I want to create my own site and I wanna know what all are the programming language I need to learn to build a website. I want to create both design and scripts. What if we want to create web app?

mayank6169, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  2. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    There are various programming languages like PHP, java, HTML, etc. But now a days website is easy to make. Wordpress have made it simple. Just download wordpress which is an open source software and install in it on your server and start making websites/blog.

pia D'Alia, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    Cone Man likes this.
  3. mayank6169

mayank6169 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can we use wordpress to create file sharing site?

mayank6169, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  4. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    of course you can.. Try it..

pia D'Alia, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  5. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Ghost. Its made for only blogging.

Rishit Shah, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  6. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    creativewebmaster, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your original question is too vague. It's like asking "How can I make money online?" - there are thousands of answers and most of them are complicated. So you need to figure out better questions to ask.

You could start with things like "What kind of site do I want to run?", "What do I want to achieve with a site?" and things like that. Then you can go looking for existing systems to avoid reproducing something that's already been done. The big CMSs - WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and so on - are all capable of being bent into almost any shape, to do almost anything. Of those, WP has the lowest learning curve for the basics, though you'll end up learning (at least) php if you want to build your own theme and plugins.

All the big CMSs also have enormous communities of programmers who have either already written the code you need or are willing to help spot bugs, point you in the right direction and so on. Never underestimate the benefit of a supportive community!

The only piece of advice I would offer beyond this is "start small". If you decide to script your own bespoke website, you'll have to learn HTML, CSS and at least one programming language (php, etc.). You'll find that even a "simple" bespoke project turns out to be enormous... so start small. Build on an existing system so you can take "baby steps" in programming.

That's exactly what I did in learning to write WP plugins: WP handles all the basics so I don't have to worry about them, and I just wrote some code to do specific things that WP doesn't do on its own. Shallower learning curve, tons of predefined functions to use, data already structured, loads of benefits to make the process easier and more fun (and less frustrating).

TIEro, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  8. Pazza72

Pazza72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mayank6169,

Try this: http://www.twotriangles.net

Good luck.

Paul

Pazza72, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  9. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    The idea seems good, but a 1.4Mb landing page with all those wastey-spacey widgets and flibbety-wibbles? And everything on one page? Seriously?

TIEro, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  10. Pazza72

Pazza72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Happy Christmas to you too, TIEro.

Pazza72, Dec 21, 2013 IP