1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google- Don't be evil

Discussion in 'Google' started by Densely, Dec 18, 2013.

[​IMG]
    Google introduced the slogan "Don't be evil" in 2000 (informal corporate motto)
    Is Google becoming evil day by day, What's your though on this?

Densely, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. BluRank

BluRank Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly think good is a pretty great company, I am excited to see what they do with the new purchase of Boston Dynamics, the robotics company behind Atlas, Big Dog, Cheetah, and Sand Flea.

BluRank, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google is a great company 2, but I have lots of negative comments to say about them too. So often they try to find a general solution that allows them to wave a wand and solve a problem. Unfortunately that means sometimes innocent people get caught in the wave.and clearly sometimes there are decisions they make based on profits and dominating the market that does not consider some ethical concerns that are overlooked.they are big and they can do that but it doesn't mean they are always right. They need to be careful because there could be a rising tide at some point in the future that works against them.

dvduval, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes google is good company, but sometime ago it was great company..

Now they are doing some really strange things. Example:

• Increasing number and agresivity of ads in YT and SERP
    • Penalizing too many websites - Looks like google want to dictate us which links we can place on our sites..
    • I saw many official and prestigious sites which are also penalized (PR went dramatically down) and surely these sites dosnt sell link.. just because these sites have "partner" section on sidebars.. ( I am talking about large official sites of institutions and international organizations)

Focl, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say Google is evil. They just favor their own money making sites and opportunities above all others. ;)

danasurvey, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  6. Ty Snowden

Ty Snowden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love Google! I love Google's highly ambitious moon-shot projects including Google Glass and driver-less cars and Project Loon. Well I heard they are investing in anti-aging research and so many cool things. ;)

Ty Snowden, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  7. Digital 9

Digital 9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my post wasn't displayed then kindly don't email me on this thread bruf.

Digital 9, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is not becoming evil, but is just trying to make sure that people are not cheating their system in Adsense or Youtube or other Google products.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  9. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be fair I don't think they are evil, they are just very good at business. You can't knock that, but successful companies often get bad criticism.

lightlysalted, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All publicly traded companies are evil.

Back when Google made that slogan that also said that wanted clean uncorrupted search results, without ads and corporate interest. and that's why people started using them, they were sick of cluttered ads on yahoo and AOL.

Then Google became a publicly traded company and is pressured to show a profit every quarter. So they have turned most of the front page on competitive keywords into paid listings=just what they said they were against in 2000.

We will see more and more "evil" from google as they must show more and more profit for shareholders. More paid results, more ads, more data mining and more pillaging of private info for profit.

averyz, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  11. oldsmoboi

oldsmoboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is evil and has been for years. In their minds, they are the only ones allowed to make money and they do it off of your own efforts and pay you a pittance if at all.

oldsmoboi, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  12. Andy Ramirez

Andy Ramirez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google can be evil if used in evil. I mean google is neutral until we use it in good or evil which makes it good or evil.

Andy Ramirez, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. speedyarticle

speedyarticle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Goggle is definitely becoming EVIL as first they provided a platform to work and now they are snatching it back once people start getting established on it.

speedyarticle, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey and averyz like this.
  14. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Google is not evil. It's just removing spam out of the SERPs and is making the game harder.

rankwatch.com, Sep 3, 2014 IP