1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which social sites helps you more ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lovelysms94.blogspot.com, Dec 14, 2013.

I mostly use Google+ and Facebook.
    Is there any sites which bring me good traffic ?

2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with Twitter... You can choose great hashtags there and this could deliver perfect results (especially if you have a twitter account with at least 10,000 followers!) :)

patco, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no picking when it comes to Social Networking websites - just choose them all!
    They are quite different from each other and provide you with a different way to engage with your audience.
    FaceBook is where the masses are at and you can target groups easily. Facebook Ads are also quite functional if used well.
    Twitter gives you the freedom to engage with a mass of people (without needing their approval) with simple 140 messages.
    Google+ is great for businesses and creating business contact (neatly structured into circles) and the content you post there is crawled and indexed by Google with lightning speed.
    Pinterest is quite new and fresh and lets you use infographics as your weapon - although not great for SEO they are perfect for engaging users as the visual content is much more memorable and compelling.

And those are just to name a few. There are many more and each of those has much more other values. So don't feel the need to pick - combine them into a well-blended machine :)

Rado_ch, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  4. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use stumble upon if you are targeting US or UK market. :)

John Dave, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    All are very useful Social networking websites.
    I use Google+, Facebook and Pinterest.

santhoshreddi, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  6. Rock121

Rock121 Member

Best Answers:
    pinterest and linkdin and stumbleupon please try this....

Rock121, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  7. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook works fine for my website. I like is as you can find several community support here in your niche. As most people are using Facebook it helps me to get qualified traffic for my website.

rozerr, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is at top
    then twitter and at 3rd position Google+

dean1122, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  9. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not only Facebook or twitter where you should share your site or business. There are many more social media sites to share and it impacts more if you share your content or site considering location and interest of people. What I am saying is that Facebook is not everywhere popular, like in Europe where twitter is more popular and used by people, so you should share your content on twitter more in Europe. Like wise in other areas before sharing your thing you should consider these things.

spyindiaankur, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  10. healthretreat

healthretreat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    stumble, digg, twitter

healthretreat, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  11. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    For those using Pinterest, how can you use it to attract people to your site and get some ROI from it (even if it is just working to pin things)? I've been told it is more like a place for wives to put together recipes they like. ;)

And for that matter, social networks work great for established sites with fans already, as a form of communication, but it is much harder to gain traction in a social network for your starting site simply because your site is about a certain topic. Topical interests don't go viral easily. You have to have more of a gimmicky crazy idea for a post, which needs to either be completely horrifying or incredibly funny to get it to go viral and get you good traction. I personally think current social networks live and breath mostly on sensationalism. Is that a bad thing? Not always. But it isn't always a good thing either.;) Like everything thing in life, you have to find a happy medium.

Scott

s.molinari, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  12. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    yes! we should not focus only at facebook or twitter we have so many social networks , we should also consider those too.
    Those social sites can also create tons of traffic for you if used right.
    Myspace,
    Linkdln
    Bebo
    Classmate
    Meetup
    Mylife etc

dean1122, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  13. theLittledreamer

theLittledreamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In order to get traffic from social media you need to be an active member, so I don't really recommend going for too many. Focus on the main ones such as Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and post regularly from your site as well as others and you should start to see a good increase in traffic.

theLittledreamer, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  14. tech-24x7

tech-24x7 Member

Best Answers:
    There are no of sites,that helps in seo..such are
    Google
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Stumbleupon

tech-24x7, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  15. Akhil Swatantra

Akhil Swatantra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i am use Google+ | Facebook | Stumbleupon| Twitter | Delicious | Digg |

Akhil Swatantra, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  16. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    I still don't get how to get traction with Pinterest. I think I'll start a thread asking about that.

Scott

s.molinari, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  17. BluRank

BluRank Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter because it's also great for SEOSEO

BluRank, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  18. narendra kumar

narendra kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You must go for

Twitter
    Pinterest
    reddit
    scoop.it

narendra kumar, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  19. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on three things and rest will automatically done:
    1. Exposure through design and blogs.
    2. Give Importance to community-centric.
    3. Remember to have a high quality of pins.

John Dave, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  20. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me see if I can help.

Before thinking about the ROI of Pinterest and its measurements, its important to decide if we want to go for Pinterest at all. This social weapon has a more diversified crowd and this is the reason some very big companies still refrain from using it, even though its constantly gaining popularity. Comprised of around 80% female audience and being suitable mostly for brands which can be expressed visually are some things to consider before jumping in the deep.

As for traction, you might have already know that by default, this is something that Pinterest lacks. Having no dashboard makes it very hard to get any statistic about traffic and engagement driven from each pin. Its more primary metric is to show if your marketing strategy works well in this particular field. A research for Mashable has shown however that Pinterest is by far the best tool for gaining referral traffic with about 3.6% of visitors clicking links to other sites (for comparison the next Social Media in this ranking, Youtube, has a little above 1%).

Of course, with the further inclusion of Pinterest in our everyday business lives, the need for more specific metrics has increased. There are numerous tools I've found for that matter (sadly the good ones all seem to have a Free Trial only and a Paid version afterwards), but I can mention two, that seem quite useful - PinReach and GoPixel.me.

Hope this information helped you a bit ;)

Rado_ch, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    s.molinari likes this.