1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying followers is right or wrong.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Mikal Ben, Nov 13, 2013.

Is it right way to buy followers on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks to get traffic and how does Google react to this kind of activities?

Mikal Ben, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  2. sophiesearch

sophiesearch Peon

Best Answers:
    I definitely wouldn't recommend buying followers on any social network. The point of having a high number of followers, is to convert these into customers. The likelihood is that if you buy followers, they won't care about your brand, so therefore they won't interact, engage or purchase from you. It really isn't worthwhile.
    You can gain high numbers of followers other ways; by engaging on the network with your existing followers and interacting with influencers in your industry. In terms of Facebook, i would recommend facebook advertising; you can run this for a small cost and make it very targeted so only your relevant demographic are receiving the ads... once they have then liked the page, you know that your 'fans' are people who are more likely to interact with you and turn into customers due to the fact that they are your target demographic.

sophiesearch, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  3. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I may say that you can buy a small number of followers for each social network in order to have some "impression" in the front of the real customers. But to buy just to build up your network is useless because there will be just dead meat and will help only for "fake statistics".

RosuC, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  4. little_ernesto

little_ernesto Member

Best Answers:
    you may buy a follower. but how long will they stand? your follower will decrease in several days later. trust me, i experience that

little_ernesto, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  5. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Followers that are bought are usually dropped within a matter of weeks or months, but it can be a cheap and quick fix to see your Social Media numbers up. It's like being verified on Twitter, when you see that blue check mark you're more inclined to follow the person than you usually would. Same goes with the number of followers you have.

I love Twitter, but it's full to the brim with sheeple.

TREYC, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  6. Giov

Giov Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should you buy followers or likes?
    Do you need that? I don't think so, you need real followers or costumer.

Giov, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  7. Erin Catorina

Erin Catorina Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with all above; buying followers will not benefit you. Instead, you should be active in your social media profiles.

Erin Catorina, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  8. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is to let the things to go naturally. Buying bulk followers is not as sweet as it seems. So many people are subjected to fraud in doing so.
    Work sincerely and people will follow you naturally if they find something good in you.

atsad, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  9. Umer Hafeez

Umer Hafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    I fee it is not wrong, as via fb ads we also buying followers and fans. So by any ways they are correct dependent on your business goal

Umer Hafeez, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  10. TwitWithEase

TwitWithEase Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it's not wrong! Sometimes you need that little bit of a boost for people to notice you! Who is going to follow a page with 5 likes? Not many!
    I think it's ok!
    Just as in SoundCloud, sometimes you need a boost to your account! Shameless promo of my sig! ;)

TwitWithEase, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  11. smonica

smonica Peon

Best Answers:
    Bought likes don't translate into real customers, though. Would you need it just to form a first impression and get real customers liking your page? I think it's better to let things progress naturally, but mostly I just don't think it would be that useful. You say "buy likes to get traffic," but if you don't have real likes and a real audience, it likely still won't get you the traffic you want.

smonica, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  12. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps initially purchasing followers / likes can be advantageous in order to create some social proof for your site. However, once you are at a decent level, I think it is best to let things progress naturally (but strategically). Fake followers are useless in the long term.

TwitterWizard, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  13. Sam Douglas

Sam Douglas Banned

Best Answers:
    If you will buy followers... Most of guys will give you fake followers from follower sharing websites like addmefast and many more... It will be no worth... If you really need followers you can visit these site make your account and increase followers by yourself... No need to buy.... But believe me those followers will not be active after a short period of time... But to show client, it will look good that you will have lots of followers for your business...

Sam Douglas, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  14. Ron_holtan

Ron_holtan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about on you I think there is nothing wrong in buying followers for your promotions you can promote your products by doing this but I also think that it's not much beneficial because the followers you are buying are not real or they didn't like your product in reality so the point is you are making fake followers for your brands.

Ron_holtan, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  15. TwitWithEase

TwitWithEase Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more! But there are many who like to bloat their chest to show they are the man! ;)

TwitWithEase, Dec 18, 2013 IP