1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you think so many people hate their jobs?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jojo2235, Dec 13, 2013.

I know not everyone do but I'm guessing on average the majority of the population do...what do you think?

Jojo2235, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I do agree that most people do not enjoy their work. Reasons could be many but the first thing I could think of is people are pushed to take the opportunity whichever is open. For example: some might be very much interested in photography and they may be dreaming of getting a good job in that field but the lack of openings/opportunities in that area, could force them to enter into some field with many opportunities like manufacturing, IT etc.

kingofking, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Many people dislike their jobs because they are not working for themselves. It has to be hard to give so much of yourself and receive so little back in the way of compensation.
    Also there are times when the boss will disrespect his/her subordinates, or co workers will make your life miserable.
    In my case no one tells me what to do. Yes a large part of my income comes from a contract, but believe you me I am not given my marching orders.....ever.
    I know that all the hours I put in benefit me, and I derive satisfaction from that knowledge. Working for oneself is to enjoy your job.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  4. Julie Anne

Julie Anne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes people might like what they do but don't yet get paid enough to do it. It seems the most enjoyable professions are always so competitive that people just accept a mundane life. Many people stay where they're at out of fear of not ever being able to do better.

Julie Anne, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  5. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    People don't like competition. Because people should always work harder than before for the same result. So being better, doing better or working harder doesn't make the life better as expected, just let people survive or keep the existing position.

makeit easy, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  6. AJ Everton

AJ Everton Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to hate my job because there was so much wasted time. I actually wanted to work hard, but there were constantly pointless emails to delete, worthless meetings to attend etc. I would have preferred to just have a list of tasks or projects that needed to be completed, and then given time to work on them uninterrupted. Maybe that is why I like the idea of working for myself. No meetings to waste my time and break my concentration.

It might be more useful to ask, why do people love their job? Fewer people like their job than hate it, maybe we should learn their secrets!

AJ Everton, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  7. tymsh

tymsh Active Member

Best Answers:
    because they never think about their insufficiency. they all think that, they're the best person with that work and boss/supervisor has jealous feelings about them.

tymsh, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are not appreciated
    long hours
    Underpaid for what they do
    Dealing with a lot of stress with deadlines and the like.

kb24, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Julie Anne got the closest, at least for me. Coming from a small country in Eastern Europe, we have highly-educated young people and salaries not adequate to that level. So there are pretty much 3 routes. Immigration is the easy way out, many have gone away with big dreams, some have succeeded, some work on crappy service jobs, but they still pay better than what they can get here. The hard route is starting something of your own and sticking with it - the problem is that here small and medium business are not well supported and at the end of the day you will most likely start your new venture with a solid debt to cover. And then there are those who get a medium-grade, medium-paid job and do that for a looooooong time. I do see where they're coming from - financial security and job stability is something everyone wants. But what I think is that most of the people that choose that are either on their first job and they don't know any better or they simply don't know the value of their own labor. This is the cornerstone of society - as long as there are people stooping low and working for ridiculous salaries (compared to their job responsibilities), of course there would be those benefiting from the cheap labor.

Of course, this situation might be completely different in countries with top economies and lots of opportunities ;)

Rado_ch, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  10. 2funhosting

2funhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think many people hate their job because they may want to work in where they interested or in which they want to but some reason they can't do as they want. It may be for family problem or financial problem etc.So I think if people work on those fields in where they want or they feel comfortable or in where they want to learn new things, people will not hate their jobs.
    I have one word to say, force on work does not bring success.

2funhosting, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  11. Beth Hewitt

Beth Hewitt Member

Best Answers:
    Because they are not doing what they love, they are governed by someone elses rules and regulations. Some people are aware of this and want to make a change and others are not awake to what is happening to them.

Beth Hewitt, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  12. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because they are slaves.

The industrial revolution replaced craftsmen with labors for big industry. So most people now days just labor 40-50hrs a week just to survive. Just to produce for major corporations just to be sold to consumer masses.

averyz, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The Russian word for work is работа. It derives its roots from the word that can mean slavery, miserable existence.

I believe in many Slavic languages work can be translated as slavery too.

qwikad.com, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  14. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally believe that many people settle instead of putting in the work and effort to get where they want to be. There are of course other aspects like education, circumstance, etc.

ChrisBa, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  15. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    there are so many factors about this fact that why people hat their jobs.
    Job insecurity.
    They’re unhappy with their pay.
    Their boss behavior (the Most important thing).
    Extensive working hours.
    Unclear career path and promotions. etc.

dean1122, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  16. BluRank

BluRank Member

Best Answers:
    Because 1 in 3 guys really has a desire to become a professional bikini waxer or gynecologist, however only 1% of those do. People are scared of what society will think if they actually followed their dream. I mean what sounds better if most peoples mind if you get asked what you do: I'm a doctor/librarian/hobo/lunch lady OR I'm a professional pussy handler.

Truly happy are those that find the perfect median between both.

BluRank, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  17. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess, the reasons why people so often hate their jobs are numerous. The most important one is - so few people do what they really like... They become office managers in spheres they are not interested in because they are afraid of starting something new, challenging and thus, dangerous. Though it could make them happy as the best thing that makes you happy is doing what you are really keen on.

PPC_SuperMaster, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  18. 2funhosting

2funhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WOW! Very well put.

2funhosting, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  19. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people scare to fail or trying new change about their live. They just enough to in their comfort zone with cheap salary and tax sucking from government.

karmaseo, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  20. Matthew J Trujillo

Matthew J Trujillo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can only speak from my perspective. When you work for somebody else, they own your time. Time is your most valuable asset.

They tell you when you can go on lunch, go on break, what type of freedom YOU have in your life.

You must follow orders, you must bend over backwards and jobs don't care if you are with them or not. That's not the life for me

Many people would rather complain about how much they hate their jobs rather do something about it to change.

Matthew J Trujillo, Dec 25, 2013 IP