1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would I find/edit this image text?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by samie, Dec 16, 2013.

I'm a bit new when it comes to the design side of websites. But if anyone here could point me in the right direction in terms of trying to figure out how to edit the text in this image.

Image here:
    http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y328/Samiejg/templatemo_logo_zpsc42b97e6.png

Unfortunately I don't have a PSD file. I only have 2 PNG files which oddly appear to be the exact same (although one says source within the filename).

Is there a program or any way to have this edited easily? Or is that the case where it would have to be completely recreated from scratch?

Any help here is appreciated. Also it might help if anybody possibly knows what font is being used. I tried a site that is supposed to tell me what that font is but it did not find it.

samie, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  2. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should make a text style within Photoshop that matches as one on the picture, and you'd need to find exact font if you want to replicate that logo / text.

GFX2, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  3. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    I don't currently have photoshop installed, but am going to try installing it here later on today. My only concern is that I'm not sure I would know how to re-create it.

Is there any way that it is possible that the logo_source.png is editable? Or is it only the PSD files? It just strikes me as odd that there is a logo.png, and then a second one named logo_source.png.

samie, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  4. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .png format is a static-picture format, what you see is what you get - pixels. So,no you can not edit it that way you imagined.
    Search for gold style text photoshop in google, and use this website (http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/) to find out what font is that.

GFX2, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  5. Christine V

Christine V Active Member

Best Answers:
    The font looks like it's Trebuchet MS - try it out - with large letter spacing. It has a gradient of gold (or brown?) to pastel yellow, which you can create using the gradient effect on the text layer in Photoshop. There's also a 'inner shadow' and 'drop shadow' which you can also create using effects, have a play around with the numbers. Look up a tutorial on layer effects in Photoshop or, like Luka said, find an existing text style.

Christine V, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  6. tech-24x7

tech-24x7 Member

Best Answers:
    Try to rewrite the text by removing the previous one..

tech-24x7, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  7. shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld Member

Best Answers:
    Its pretty simple actually, find out the font and then re-write it with white background, this wont be a headache.

shamzblueworld, Dec 18, 2013 IP