1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why many Indians scam in DP?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Densely, Dec 14, 2013.

First of all I am an Indian. I am an active webmaster and used to buy several services and articles offered by fellow DP members. And till now everything were going fine. But in in last 1 month I have been scammed 2 times by 2 different Indians. The scammers are targeting Indian because we can't use PayPal to pay another Indian, and we have to forcefully use NEFT, and NEFT is a kind of one way transaction and hard to get your money back once sent. whereas for PayPal you can initiate a dispute easily.

I am not saying every Indian here is a scammer or all people from all other country are good. But a significant portion of Indian and Pakistanis are here for the sole purpose of scamming, and their scamming rate is higher then other country.
    What's your thought on this ?

Densely, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! I do agree that higher number of scammers are reported to be from the Asian countries. The newbies who enter into the online businesses think scamming other members is the easiest way to "earn" (loot) money and since they do not show up their physical presence, they consider it to be safe. Sad part is, its difficult to track these people unlike the western countries. People from Asian countries mostly use dynamic IPs and the cyber laws are not strict to put them behind the bars or atleast penalize them.

kingofking, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  3. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also do agree!! i don't know why these peoples don't understand they are blocking so much of peoples like us who wanted to live in peace, wanted to use paid versions of themes/softwares/apps. and its also due to poor law and order system for cyber crimes in these countries. a person committed hacking a life work of a person just got released for some MONEY in the mouths of Police/Government .
    Paypal in PAKISTAN is just not getting ON due to these kind of security drawbacks and scamers. and peoples like us face so much difficulties in payments from international clients :/ :(

xXxpert, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. kingofking

Best Answers:
    Even if you are a good mango among the rotten ones in a basket, people consider you also rotten too! That's the problem. It takes lot of effort and time to prove our virtues!

5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the folks that have tried to rip me off are not Indian.

Just sayin..
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and Densely like this.
  6. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes absolutely, It is now becoming more and more difficult to get trust of a US/UK/Canada based client because every 2nd one got scammed by some asian before meeting peoples like us :/

xXxpert, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Densely likes this.
  7. kingofking

Best Answers:
    Good to hear that :). Are they Asians ;) ?

8. Densely

Densely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Scammers are everywhere in the world. But Asian countries (specially India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia) their density is higher then rest of the world. and for those rotten eggs, the whole country suffers.

Densely, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can add Vietnam and Philippines to that list (at least in our hosting business there seem to be such a tendency). And lets not give all credit to Asians, our friends from Africa (especially Nigeria and South Africa) are also working very hard to find someone who wants to give them their money ;)

Rado_ch, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Densely like this.
  10. Densely

Best Answers:
    Densely, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  11. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Actually its easy since you are using NEFT. File a case in police station regarding the fraud. Since you have the bank account number, police can easily trace that person.

Digital_shubhi, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  12. Densely

Best Answers:
    You are right, but we donot have any choice as we cannot use PayPal due to RBI regulation.

Densely, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  13. Brian James

Brian James Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the UK, the worst scammers are from Nigeria

Brian James, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  14. drakzor

drakzor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not always the trough, I'm European and been scammed many time from US people... sometimes it's just "bad luck", doesn't mean that all the INDIAN people have to be put themself on the same bag, I run most of my project with them, pretty clever :)

drakzor, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  15. Densely

Best Answers:
    As previously mentioned the same thing in OP:

Densely, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  16. drakzor

drakzor Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, don't want to repeat or reinforce the message here, that just my tough ;-)

drakzor, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  17. inserte

inserte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are bad people everywhere that's for sure, but since this is a topic about Indians i must say i had a lot of bad experience. For example i had this guy who said he can do the job and he was just stalling me, it took forever and at the end he didn't get it right, it was complete waste of time. He said he knows php and he didn't even know how to implement "include". Anyway it all resulted me loosing a client. I don't want to sound racist and believe me am not, i also come for a european country with a very bad reputation in everything not just on the net, and i know that one scammer is enough to make 100 honest guys look bad.

inserte, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  18. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes i would like to add some more info in this discussion, please all sellers take care of your clients. don't consider them "customer" because customer comes to a shop where he buy one time and may be never come back again but "clients" are your long term relationships. if you ever know that you cannot make your clients happy with your service its better to shut it down instead of making peoples fool.
    I my self once started a Traffic providing service. i bought a reseller from a company and started selling traffic here but when i realize that my service is not good and peoples started complaining about "bounce rate" i stopped the service and message DP management to close that thread never sell to others and even i lost my invested money on reseller but i consider saving my clients for next service which i am running which is PSD to HTML and WordPress development in which i have full control and i am expert :)

xXxpert, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  19. brocklasner

brocklasner Member

Best Answers:
    Welll, what should i say now i dont know but i will say one thing every country having scammer we cant say like this asians are scammers or others.

its all up to the person who do that kind of things we can only protect our self but we cant change his or her thoughts.

so all are not same in every where good and bad peoples are available .. thanks .. hope u understand ..

brocklasner, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  20. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Umm aren't Indians classified as being Asian?

dcristo, Dec 15, 2013 IP