1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

M2Host is Scam -Beware

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by giteshtrivedi, Sep 20, 2011.

1. jeewa

jeewa Peon

Best Answers:
    M2host is a scam. you only loose what you pay. if you need more details please write
    to me windanajith"at"gmail.com
    i paid for 3yrs but got nothing see "------youtube-----"/watch?v=kIuhC8MLI6U and get an idea

jeewa, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  2. mdcarlos

mdcarlos Active Member

Best Answers:
    i cant help but noticed that there is always one new user to post good thing about m2host every month . . . strange

mdcarlos, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  3. slackhead

slackhead Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be curious to see if paypal would refund that. I hope they will as it sounds like a bad company.

slackhead, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  4. tiffanywilliams12i2

tiffanywilliams12i2 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info

tiffanywilliams12i2, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  5. harun_h

harun_h Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome customer support, easy to use products and lightning fast servers with unlimited storage and bandwidth. I've been with other hosting companies, but never again. This is where I'm staying.

harun_h, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  6. pukhtoogle

pukhtoogle Member

Best Answers:
    I swear m2host is scam, i took reseller hosting when i add 6 websites, they changed the permissions of every index.html to 000 to show 403 forbidden, and when i contact them, they told me to buy vps, what the hell,

i moved to the most perfect host seller, hostgator!

pukhtoogle, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  7. younggorilla

younggorilla Peon

Best Answers:
    M2host has been very poor for me. They had an 'outage' about a month ago that took down all my sites for 2 days. They called this server maintenance. Instead of transferring existing sites to a different server before doing this 'server maintenance' they just took everyone down. What kind of legitimate webhost does this?

Now i'm having a problem where their actual servers are blocked on some abuse lists. So some customers in the USA cannot even reach websites hosted on M2host. My tickets with them are unresolved. They just tell me to take it up with MY ISP, when I am showing them traceroutes from 6 different ISP's showing their servers are not accessable.

I am moving all of my customers to a webhost. I am not even going to post the name of it because I don't want this message to be taken as a shameless plug for someone else. It is just the truth, if you need reliable webhosting with people who have a clue what they're doing, DO NOT USE M2HOST.COM - They are unreliable, unprofessional and do not take your web site business seriously.

younggorilla, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  8. Vamp1re

Vamp1re Member

Best Answers:
    i Agree all of u dont go to M2H & Dollar2host they r fraud i have Experience both of hosting site and i thought they r same just have sealing hosting from 2 domain names so be care full guys from them ( One more hosting site vebnest.com they r also fraud dont go with them too )

Vamp1re, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  9. jobayer alam

jobayer alam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks man i was thinking to buy hosting from them but now i changed my mind

jobayer alam, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. TKY_Publishing

TKY_Publishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Do - not - trust - them. I lost half this year to catastrophic failures that they attempted to blame on me at my end. Case in point: if you get an error of this nature - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '\var\lib\mysql\mysqlsock' (2), you can damn well be sure it's a message that the server is erroring out. For all those who want a lesson in stupidity just read the whole article at - http://www.promodrone.com/soartex/33.html. M2Host is worse than a scam, because, at least in a scam, you'll know you were taken when it's over. What they do is steal your time, and other essentials from you. If I were not as pugnacious as I am, maybe I couldn't have ever recovered from this. This article is dedicated to every single victim; whether in this thread, or suffering a silent Hell where they're trapped by low funds and can't afford to go anywhere but back to free web hosting. And the phone # on the homepage is an absolute lie. I've PERSONALLY tested it at just about every hour that exists. I'm just doing my part to shine the light of truth on unsavory trash. In the words of Daffy Duck, "There's gonna be a sneak preview...and the sneaks ain't gonna like it!" (lol!).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    TKY_Publishing, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  11. Zayan

Zayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how they offer unlimited services just for $1. How could this be satisfactory??

Zayan, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    who knows, they might be pulling the same scam that volumedrive is doing.
    http://dockets.justia.com/docket/pennsylvania/pamdce/3:2013cv02626/96153
    http://turtle.dereferenced.org/~kaniini/volumedrive/1-1.pdf
    (more docs at http://turtle.dereferenced.org/~kaniini/volumedrive/)

now thats one example of a "cheap" server provider. If those documents are true, all the hardware their clients use will be confiscated without any regards to the data on the servers.

Every few weeks we seem to have these budget providers going bust. I remember when hostrail went under owing $18k, everyone was upset, but seemed more upset that the owner didnt get a second, third, or even fourth job to keep funding the operation as they enjoyed their budget hosting. as soon as they went under, they all moved like rats to the next ultra cheap service.

matt_62, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    WSWD likes this.
  13. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This! This happens over and over and over again because people are constantly looking for the cheapest services they can find, instead of spending a reasonable amount of money and not having to switch hosts every few months.

If people would just do their research first, we wouldn't run into these problems. A simple cPanel server in a good datacenter is going to run at least $200/mo., and that's on the low-end. After PayPal/merchant fees, they're lucky if they have $0.35 they actually get on that $1/mo. account. So just to BREAK EVEN on the server, you need about 600 accounts. Or you run a completely overloaded, subpar, cheap server without RAID-10, etc. Even with a $50/mo. server (which would be damn near impossible, since the cpanel license alone is $20-30), they still need 150 accounts just to break even. Want to guess at how overloaded a $50 server is going to be with even 150 accounts on it? And none of that is counting any other expenses...support techs., etc.

So how is it possible to offer the world for $1/mo.? It's not. It's not sustainable, and that's why you see these hosts constantly going out of business.

WSWD, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    TKY_Publishing, matt_62 and ufshane like this.
  14. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is exactly correct, we have a dedicated server that is $200 per month and includes cPanel, but we limit the amount of sites we sell in our hosting. We charge a higher rate that most $6 - $10 per month, no unlimited accounts for space and only to help offset the cost of the server as we use it for our sites.

Most of our hosting clients have come over because of oversold, cheap servers with constant issues.

ufshane, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  15. prosecure

prosecure Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information mate :)

prosecure, Dec 15, 2013 IP