1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Quality of Content Affects Backlink`s Value?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mariuskyu, Dec 2, 2013.

Hello guys,

I`m a bit curious of something and maybe this is a silly question for some of you more experienced guys, but I was wondering if the quality of content affects the value....weight of a backlink.

I mean if I choose to spend quite some time and write some quality content and post it on a 2.0 Web property.....will this weigh more as a backlink to my site than 500 word article with unique content....readable by the average user ...posted to some 2.0 Web property? I am thinking yes, but some arguments of more experienced webmasters here would still help clear things a bit.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    mariuskyu, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  2. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There may be some difference simply from the content, but the real difference would be that original, quality, remarkable content is more likely to be shared and linked to by others. Posts with more links and shares will pass on more link authority.

lesterj, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    Ade Vitan and mariuskyu like this.
  3. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @lesterj has an excellent point. This is what I always try to keep in mind about linking. The point of linking isn't solely about the 'weight' of the link or if the link is follow or not. The main point of linking is to get people to come to your site and convert from traffic to customer. So, which type of post is going to get traffic to your site so you can gain more customers? This is the type of post you should be working on.

Jen 101, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    Ade Vitan and mariuskyu like this.
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Details outlined above by lesterj, while little to no difference would be made from the content itself, higher quality would have added benefits.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    mariuskyu likes this.
  5. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's a likely possibility but it all depends. I can't really say for sure if it does affect rankings, because search engines have their own unique algorithm and way of looking at things. The only thing you can do is continue striving to create unique, engaging and meaningful content and publish it to your site in hopes that you improve your search engine rankings long-term instead of worrying about improving rankings in the moment. Retain a long-term vision of way you desire your online business to be. Keep going no matter what! :)

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  6. project2501

project2501 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My take is that quality content is the safest and most beneficial route both to avoid getting smacked by Big G (Penguin 2.1 targeted shitty content) and to increase the possibility that your content gets shared or converts to traffic to the site you're linking to.

That being said... I feel like Web 2.0 properties are so not worth your time and effort. Write a good article and then seek out a stronger place to post it / link from.

project2501, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if search engines might give links that have traffic flow more juice then links form the same site with no traffic flow.

-New York times has a great article in the ____ section one day 10,000 people follow the link to the authors site.
    -Next week the same section in the New York times has a lame article 10 people people follow the link to the authors site.

Would search engines put the same weight on each link ? It's hard to say. But I wouldn't be surprised if the one with more traffic got a little more weight.

averyz, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  8. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my content is always indexed by Google and I always create unique content enjoyable for people to read as well as informative.

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  9. project2501

Best Answers:
    For sure

project2501, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  10. mariuskyu

mariuskyu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I`ve heard that Google looks at the traffic of yr site as well to rank yr website. So why wouldn`t be the same with a NY Times article ?

mariuskyu, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  11. mariuskyu

mariuskyu Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you say Web 2.0 properties are now worthless? I mean they probably turn into week links, not that they don`t matter at all probably.

So what remains? Web 2.0 are no longer good links, and the same with Article Directories or Website Directories. Just posting articles on related websites and use the other type of links a bit just to vary our link profile?

mariuskyu, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  12. project2501

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say they're completely worthless, just that IMHO they're not worth the work. Spun content just doesn't work anymore which means if you're gonna have any chance of a web 2.0 link being worth anything you'll have to write an original piece. And if you're gonna do THAT you might as well go and buy a contextual text link on a related, high authority site -- something with good PA/DA.

Pagerank is dead.

project2501, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    mariuskyu likes this.
  13. mariuskyu

mariuskyu Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, I heard that our PRs will be updated at the beginning of next year. I`m not sure how accurate that is.

mariuskyu, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  14. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The value of content today is given by how many people link to it. If you develop great content and you get a lot of people mentioning it and sharing it, that content will very valuable, wherever it's on your site or on a web 2.0

Winagain, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  15. diwen

diwen Peon

Best Answers:
    well, I heard that our PRs will be updated at the beginning of next year.

diwen, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  16. baybay

baybay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    absolutely. the better the quality. while PR is domain and link based but if a website has quality content it will get more traffic and links to it in turn enhancing the PR of the that site and making the links of the sites it points too more valuable.

baybay, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  17. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Of course it does! Pretty difficult getting good sites to look to your site if it contains crappy content.

dcristo, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  18. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    yes it does. but contest should not be copied. If you have unique or quality content then google will give high priority to your website.

pia D'Alia, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  19. mariuskyu

mariuskyu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, it`s about the content of my backlinks, not my site`s content. The backlinks with high quality content are more powerful from just unique but not quality content ? This was the main idea....

mariuskyu, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  20. Techquester

Techquester Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the backlinks with high quality content are more powerful from just unique content. I have done some research on this too.;)

Techquester, Dec 22, 2013 IP