1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Send E-Mails To Subscribers?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Tarum, Dec 14, 2013.

Hey,

Basically I have a Wordpress blog and I'd like to send a weekly e-mail to anyone who subscribes, with the latest news etc.

I registered for a free MailChimp account that can send up to 12k mails per month, but how do I put this on my site now? Are there any plugins that can make the SUBSCRIBE HERE look nice or something?

Thanks, I'm not really sure how to ask this so excuse my stupidity :) I just want to know what's the best way to show my readers that they can subscribe to my MailChimp mail.

Tarum, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  2. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    There should be a Field in your autoresponder where you can put your rss feed link into so that when someone subscribes they go onto a list. You first must set up the list and hook up your blog through your autoresponder. If you need help with this I would advise contacting mail chimp to help you set this up.

Michael Mayer, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  3. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In MailChimp, you can use RSS driven campaign (also known as RSS broadcast, blog broadcast and so on). To build a list of subscribers, you can use MailChimp's subscriber web form generator. There are several templates and drag and drop form builder. You can use the tool to create a web form that suits in your wordpress; can be put in sidebar as widget and so on.

MayurGondaliya, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  4. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both!

Tarum, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You just need to subscribe to an autoresponder. I recommend you aweber. Just sign up and you just need to do a web form and add follow emails. When you finish the web form you just add it to the colum of your site. You will get instructions in aweber of how to do a web form and also if you donĀ“t know how to install it in wordpress just look for videos in YouTube and you will find a lot of them explaining how to add it to your site.

azulita, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  6. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This can be gendered in the mailchimp interface, then from there you just place the code on your site

ChrisBa, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  7. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use MailChimp I use Aweber but I imagine it's much the same.

You create an opt in form within your autoresponder service, it can be customized with different headlines, buttons, colors etc, and then you just post it to your blog. No plugin required.

Are you sure you want to use a free service? They are usually free for a reason and I'm sure MailChmp doesn't allow you to sell anything in your emails.

Stuart Walker, Dec 16, 2013 IP