1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I become a successful blogger?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by aseriesoffailedattempts, Nov 11, 2013.

How can I improve on this? So far I have gotten little to no constructive feedback. So tell me what you think! http://aseriesoffailedattempts.blogspot.co.nz/. Thanks!

aseriesoffailedattempts, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. weblinsolutions

weblinsolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First get yourself a proper hosting and a easy to remember domain name. This is important because Google owns your blog not you. They can ban you anytime if you broke a single rule.

weblinsolutions, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  3. Scot Hiller

Scot Hiller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if u just want to have a simple blog then go for blogger as u dont have to spend a single penny for that but if u want to work something with piracy then u should go for wordpress

Scot Hiller, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  4. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    purchase your own domain if you want to get some thing extra from your blog.
    your blog's name is too long .
    your blog's design is simple but good.
    what you need to do more is .
    provide relevant content,
    Use a pop-up to catch email addresses which will help you for email marketing.
    and at the end start a comprehensive search engine optimization strategy.

dean1122, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  5. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep updating and know your visitors conversion. Even a free blogspot still can give you some nice income from blogging.

seocrusher, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  6. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just visited your blog. You start well...

If you are serious in blogging please register your own domain. Keep updating with good posts, do some SEO and share the posts on your social profiles like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc.... Feels comfort then take step to the next level. Your own server and hosting. Try WordPress.....

Good luck...

anzilone, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  7. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1st: Select a niche that you interest to work with.
    2nd: invest something in blogging. (i.e. buy a domain with good hosting).
    3rd: Study SEO or hire an expert for doing SEO
    4th: update the blog regularly with quality content.
    5th: Be patient for a few months

atsad, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. Prefixcontent

Prefixcontent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All the the above answers are great! The domain name is so important, it really helps you to have freedom with your blogging and helps others to find you easily! A good name also helps, as you want people to remember you and make it easy to spell as google will be used to find you on many occasions! :)

Prefixcontent, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  9. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dump blogspot. You do not own your own work, you are giving complete control to a corporation which could destroy your site without a second thought.
    Pay a small amount every month for your own blog on your own domain, regain control of your own product.

Create a brand and write with personality. Link to Facebook and Twitter, and start doing everything you can to gain a following. Regular posting (at least once a day) will grow your site quickly, but you need to have the ability to gain a following and keep people coming back. Once you have an audience ready to listen to you, you have an opportunity to monetize with ads or affiliate posts - but don't overdo it and turn people away. People generally don't like being sold to, it's transparent when a blog is all about selling and isn't providing anything of value to the readership.

Conran, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  10. Prefixcontent

Prefixcontent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you completely conran! Branding is the best way to go! You can get so much personality out of your brand if you take the time to build it! :)

Prefixcontent, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  11. kjrocker

kjrocker Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing you should do is to get a self hosted log , spend some money on domain and hosting then post some content real information not just sentences to fill up pages and make contacts make friends with other bloggers and ask them to write about your blog:)

kjrocker, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  12. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, there are some great sources of traffic out there that you might not have considered. Create some content for those sites (sharing sites) and make sure you have something in place to allow people to follow you when they arrive. Some sites out there can publish something interesting of yours and immediately start sending you thousands of visits a day. You should tap into that and keep it going.

Conran, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  13. Crystal Duna

Crystal Duna Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree don't use blog spot. Google can shut your blog down at anytime and Google puts limits on what you can post about among many other things. I first started out with blogger and after I did more research I switched to WordPress. It has taken me a bit to get the hang of it, but I am happy I switched. You don't want to spend all your hard work just to have your blog shut down because Google doesn't agree with what you want to post about.

Crystal Duna, Nov 30, 2013 IP
    Conran likes this.
  14. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you love to blog using Blogspot platform, try to backup your blog after each posting. This is for security purposes to get rid of being shut down.

However, I don't think Google or Blogspot will shut down a blog that easily, unless your blog is having a thin or no quality content.

A well design such as the following blog is definitely pleased Google to have you forever.

Sample Blogspot's blog : Diet Success Tips - A diet solution for weight loss, body building, diet tips and so on.

Regards,
    Cheers!

imuncutno1, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be noted that a free blog with Wordpress.com is still not safe. I don't know whether Crystal Duna means that or whether she means she bought her own domain and installed a Wordpress blog system on it.
    The latter is really the only safe option. Using the free Wordpress system that you don't host is really no different to using Blogspot, it can be shut down at any time without warning.

The only option really is to invest a little every month in paying for your own hosting and installing your own Wordpress (or other blogging platform). You are then under complete control of it and can schedule back up's to be emailed to you every week. If anything then happens to the hosting company or you're hacked, you can get it all back on the internet within 24 hours.

Conran, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  16. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing lasts forever. Google has shut down plenty of services over the last few years, often deleting the data of users without warning. It doesn't have to be thin or low quality to result in deletion of a blog, they can shut you down for a comment someone posts with a link to a file sharing site, if someone makes a DMCA request against you, or if you post something that some random censor at Google doesn't agree with politically or morally.

Thousands of blogger blogs have been deleted without explanation, and because of that hundreds of thousands of bloggers abandoned it.

This really is a no-brainer, it costs less than $10 a month to run your own blog on your own host with your own domain and associated tools for email, backup, SEO, scripts, security... if someone cannot afford to pay just $10 a month for a decent hosting account for the security and control of their own site, they should probably not be considering starting.

I would never trust my work to be under the complete control of another company with a history like that.

Conran, Dec 1, 2013 IP
    ColorWP.com likes this.
  17. Crystal Duna

Crystal Duna Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use the free WordPress or I agree it would be just like Blogspot.

Crystal Duna, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  18. vijaysinh1

vijaysinh1 Member

Best Answers:
    hi. .. Friends my blog has no more traffic please some guidance for me please ....
    http://vijaysinh-vijay.blogspot.in

vijaysinh1, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  19. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have one post on there, and it's not in very good English. I'm afraid there's not really anything to tell you that you shouldn't already know.

Conran, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  20. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should consider choosing a niche, not very hard to rank, buy domain, buy hosting, post high quality content, think of your users and not money, help them and you'll make money without hussle.

Webcenter, Dec 16, 2013 IP