1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reduce bounce rates?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by khodem, Dec 11, 2013.

Hi, im getting alot of bounce rate in my website like 70-50% what cause the bounce rate? is it the look of a site or the content?

regards

khodem, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  2. Host Dingle

Host Dingle Member

Best Answers:
    High bounce rate means your visitor does not find any important content for them, so make content what they are actually looking for. If they satisfied, bounce rate will be decrease automatically.

Host Dingle, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  3. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a genuine landing page of your Website, Give all information related your product or service on landing page.

Paresh Shrimali, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  4. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks all... it's blog website I write blog everyday I get good visitors but I have big bounce rate specially from US... I see that from google analytics

khodem, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  5. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Around 50% bounce rate is average for a regular website. If you have a blog, a simple tip you can use is adding links to related content within your articles. This should cut your bounce rate in half if you have good quality content. Just make the links attractive to click on, something you image are interested in if they read your article. This should do the trick :)

JLeon, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  6. LeadMaster

LeadMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good point JLeon - adding links to related content on the site. Ease of navigation will help readers find the answers they are looking for and show that you are an expert in your field. It's also good to put forth a welcoming persona where readers understand you are ready to answer their questions or possibly write a blog specifically on a topic of their choice. This will help build a connection with your readers which will make your blog more personally valuable.

LeadMaster, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. Beth Hewitt

Beth Hewitt Member

Best Answers:
    Ask a question at the end of your posts and ask people leave a comment. You will get people to spend longer, also reply to all of your comments, people are more likely to come back if you engage with them. Make sure wherever your traffic is coming from that the content/link they are clicking on to get to your site is congruent. If it is not, that is why people are leaving.

Also may add more colour and images :)

Beth Hewitt, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  8. AJ Everton

AJ Everton Peon

Best Answers:
    If your content isn't written by a native speaker, readers from that country can often spot it immediately and will go elsewhere. You said your US bounce rate is high, make sure everything is written by a native US speaker. (At least on your main page.)

AJ Everton, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you have valuable content that sucks people in then they will stay on the page longer, captivating videos on autoplay work wonders.

Michael Mayer, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  10. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for helpful comments the blog that I have is in my signature you can check it out

khodem, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  11. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Fyi I like the design, nice and clean :)

ufshane, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  12. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Omer,

Yes, I agree with the previous compliment. Clean and easy to read site. Well done.

However, your English grammatical prowess needs some improvement. Just as an example, this is the text you have next to your picture in every article.

That is terrible grammar, unfortunately. Although most people don't look too hard at grammatical mistakes, when it is this bad, it is hard for people to take your articles seriously.

It should be more like.

Scott

s.molinari, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  13. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback and compliment yes I know as i'm not native speaker in English and i'm trying hard to improve my writings...this is my old blog which use to be all news about those topics (software and database) which was not my content and recently since start of December i'm writing my own articles one per day and that is the pace i'm going to keep on doing... these articles are all written by me as it's my professional (software and database) but i'm not good writer I try to improve it every day if you read my old articles they are bad but new ones I improve a lot...any ways thanks for time and feedback :)

thanks for the compliment ufshane

khodem, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  14. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    How did you become an expert at databases?

Scott

s.molinari, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  15. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I have been working in this field almost 7 years im certified in most database (Oracle, SAP HANA, MySQL,SQL server) and learn NoSQL database by own from books and materials... I also develop application for mobiles ( android) and for desktop and web (Java,PHP)... bottom line is if you love it you will learn it that is my believe

khodem, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  16. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where is your traffic coming from? This and your content are two things you should review

ChrisBa, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  17. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    People bounce if they don't find what they are looking for. So if you're not deliverig what your visitors want they will just leave.

Make sure the content is super relevant and high quality, has good headlines, good clickable images that gets people enticed. Also make sure people HAVE to click to 'read more' rather than just posting the hole topic on the home page.

Link from within your content to other parts of the site.

Look at where your traffic is coming from, if search engine based then it could be you are targeting the wrong keywords.

Stuart Walker, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    s.molinari likes this.
  18. Sami Flip

Sami Flip Member

Best Answers:
    Best answer is try to write the flow of article in such a way which force a user to check for other articles too.2nd thing is that you must have create more and more internal links. try to add suficeint links in between your article in this way your site visitors will move around in your site. and the bottom line is it is also fruitful for your off-page seo.

Sami Flip, Dec 17, 2013 IP
    Cone Man likes this.
  19. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    I would say the developer who built your site might have worked exclusively in one browser let say Firefox and failed to check its performance in other browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, and Google Chrome. Unfortunately, parts of your site that load fine in one type of browser struggle in others this issue can also increase the bounce rate to reduce this issue you have to over come this situation.

dean1122, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  20. khodem

khodem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are mistaken i'm not agree on this, my site is optimized even for mobile devices... I have just double check all of them (chrome,internet explore, firefox,mobile devices) and it loads fine

khodem, Dec 17, 2013 IP