1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to do too much with our brand?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jaekwong, Dec 7, 2013.

Hi there,

A quick brief about my current brand. I currently work together with my girlfriend who is a Nail artist. We have a site which sells nail craft supplies - a very niche market.

I also have a lot of knowledge of starting up a salon and marketing directed for salons as I have helped my girlfriend begin her salon and it has picked up locally.

So - we regularly blog about nail crafting, nail inspirations, doing video tutorials, etc.

But now I'd like to also be part of the brand and help nail artists every so often with a 'business/entrepeneur blog post on marketing' as well as doing free webinars to help build there business since they spend a lot of time building on their craft only.

So the brand's website really is comprised of 3 main parts
    1) Selling pieces
    2) Helping artists with their business/entrepeneurship
    3) Doing video nail craft tutorials

To me I feel this may be covering too many things in a niche market. But I'm not sure, should I continue to experiment and see where things lead us? I feel all three of these part are all connected and serve the same audience. Is this something worth experimenting with the three parts?

I find that she provides a lot of value on the creative end , and I am also providing a lot of value on the business end.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Jaekwong, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  2. Francis-e

Francis-e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the audience who want to learn it through the web is good then yes it can be a good shot and you can also make out a living from your post and tutorials so yes if you think the audience is quiet good in number then go for it

Francis-e, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  3. fastebiz

fastebiz Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Did you think to making a website where other people in the same niche will sell their offers? You could take a percentage on every transaction, this will make more sense to your tutorials and infos given away for free. You teach how to and get a small percentage. This would be nice :)

fastebiz, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you are staying loyal to your niche from the perspective of offering products/services related to the nail industry. I do not see any brand confusion or brand dilution resulting from your current activities. Of course, only sales results will rule which of these related offerings will stay in your portfolio, but it is always good to test new, related products/services.

jrbiz, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  5. LeadMaster

LeadMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed with jrbiz that it is ideal to test your idea which does sound desirable to other folks in your field. Start with something basic before jumping in and see how the market reacts, if reaction is positive then move onto more additions and record results.

LeadMaster, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  6. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like to me that all the services are congruent to each other, I say go for it and continue to provide value to the market place!

Michael Mayer, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. Beth Hewitt

Beth Hewitt Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds perfect, maybe survey your current clients to see what their needs are and start building more offers and solutions around that :) Good Luck.

Beth Hewitt, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a niche market, you have got the best environment for experimentation. Being amongst few competitors gives you the freedom to trying new things and seeing well how they work, without the fear of being surpassed by all your competitors in the process. And it seems that your focus points not only help promoting you, but bring value to all people with similar interests too. I would say you've got a good thing going on, keep exploring and constantly analyze the results of your actions

Rado_ch, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Test it out on a small scale first and see what the reaction is before investing lots of time and money into it.

Doesn't sound like you're trying to divert too far from your original niche idea to me.

Stuart Walker, Dec 16, 2013 IP