1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Same sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Emma Pollard, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solid7

solid7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Assuming that were actually true, what would be the problem with that? That's certainly the case for millions of people worldwide. (hence the nature of the discussion)

solid7, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Solid, JULIAN is very homophobic, racist, paranoid and bigoted. He hates anyone not like him, anyone not from Canada and anyone that has a differing opinion.

Mia, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have no problem with the fact that he is a transgender or has a boyfriend. I just feel sorry that he is so sexually challenged and troubled. One day he thinks he is an ultra conservative guy from the cheese state and the next day he ask us to call him Miss Mia from Italy. ;):)

gworld, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Solid, I left out immature, indigent and desperate.

Mia, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  5. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll answer this differently. Do you mean that just because someone has developed a liking for gay sex, it must be made legal to marry? And do you think because gay couples can marry other sex people also in order to have children, they can have two marriages going together? Who will the children grow with? With the first couple or the second one as one of the partners is common? Does it maintain the social definitions of relationships which evolved over ages?

Alevoor, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you live in India so your questions and concern is understandable but in most civilized and advanced countries such questions and concerns have been answered during the last 20-30 years. That is the reason the biggest support for homophobia is in third world countries and countries like Russia or Croatia where their society development was hindered by state capitalism.

gworld, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  7. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see this thread rose to the top. I recently got off the phone with a very old friend. It turns out one of my friend's siblings just had an official same sex marriage. The sibling and partner have been together for 29 years. They are raising kids. Changing laws in various states just allowed them to make their relationship official with marriage.

Good for them. 29 year relationship. That is danged good. Divorce is rampant everywhere. They are evidently a remarkably stable couple relative to so many people.

I'd say its about time in their case. and again good for them. I don't really know the sibling and might have met the sibling twice in many decades.

But why shouldn't this couple have rights equal to other couples? After all that time together it appears they have to be a healthier couple than millions who marry fight, abuse one another and either get divorced or so make one another and their children so miserable that they are a detriment to human health.

Best of luck to that newly married couple.

earlpearl, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard and Bushranger like this.
  8. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not in all civilized countries, not fully endorsed in those civilized countries too. Your answer also sounded like civilization helps break natural laws and customs that evolved consensually with a view to civilize. This was a non-issue and anyone could live and have sex with anyone before civilization. This is at best the choice of individual for sex and not individual liberty to live like she/he wants.

Alevoor, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is true, the bigots and homophobia exists in advanced civilized countries too because we have not succeeded to educate the whole population. We can only hope with advances in science and economy that one day we will be able to educate the masses in countries like India and help the population to move to the 21st century.

gworld, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  10. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shocking.

So, just because a couple doesn't fight, they should be given equal rights. Is that just for same sex or can we start creating other instances of this?

Um... What in the hell does the divorce rate have to do with this? That is a completely separate discussion that could go on for another 900 pages.

The divorce rate runs rampant in this country because there is a large majority of people that could give 2 craps about being married.

grpaul, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    homer7 and Corwin like this.
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Takes one to know one there Julian.

Mia, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  12. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    No I personally against of it. It does not looks natural to me. I never seen two same sex animals doing Sex, so how is this possible with human beings.

alek, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    homer7 likes this.
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

If only people tried to learn about a subject before they come up with an "opinion".

gworld, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  14. solid7

solid7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's exactly right!

The defenders of moral platitude have made a mockery of their so-called "traditional" marriage. Now, it's expected the societal definition must be upheld, (despite a change in attitudes and beliefs, and an inevitable hurtle towards obsolescence) because some sort of alleged "natural law of relationships" is at work. Of course, if it's a "natural law", why is it that in a democratic society, where the free will of the individual is allowed to be exercised, there suddenly appear so many gay people, where "traditionally" there were so few? (begin sarcasm) It's kind of ironic, isn't it? (end sarcasm)

For future reference and use in this thread - can somebody please tell me where the "Bitch, Please!" icon is located...

solid7, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  15. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find it amazing that people continue to mock morals and traditional marriage when it comes to this topic. :)

Are you one of those that draw the line of "free will" at same sex marriage or should pedophilia, rape, murder also be legalized? If not, why?

Should they all be illegal because they are "wrong" or do some sort of morals come in to play there? Or is bringing it up too extreme?

It's located right next to the, "you just got served" icon.

grpaul, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  16. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    If advances in science and economy leads to homosexuality, and if this is what the education should be to move into 21st century, let me remind you that 21st century has long begun. Probably India can expect someone from your country to teach bigotry and same sex liberty when it advances.

by the way, I am not living in India.

Alevoor, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Advance in science and the economy doesn´t lead to homosexuality because it has always existed but teach people tolerance and understanding and helps them to get rid of the dogmatic religious beliefs and superstitions. In other words we don´t stop the traffic every time a cow decides to sit in the middle of the road. It is interesting that you have moved out of India but still holds to the mentality that keeps still India in many ways in the dark ages despite their scientific advances. This is nothing unusual, Europe is full of people from Pakistan, India, Turkey, Morocco,... that while want to live in Europe still hold on to their small village and backward mentality.

gworld, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Cheese head doesn´t know the difference between stating an opinion and providing a source. :)

gworld, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  20. solid7

solid7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why? Traditionalists have set an impossible standard. They have proven it themselves, time and time again.

Classic example of using hostile logic to deflect a debate. Usually, one debates a topic on its own merits. Since you've done it, I'll do it, I'll humor you...

I don't know how legalizing a heinous act against another human being would somehow uphold the honorable notion of free will. Perhaps you could explain your perverse association of these concepts? Free will simply states that one does actions by their own accord, not under duress, and understands the consequences of their own actions.

Using your own logic, where do YOU draw the line on morals? Whose morals? Why not follow Taoist teachings, or pray to the dead for guidance?

Seems to me there are some things that we can agree on, and others that just don't matter that much. For example, if you try to kill me, and are unsuccessful, chances are, I'm probably going to try to kill you back. (legal or not) There is no cultural standard for that. It's a pretty common human trait. Refusing to get government involved in calling people "married" just doesn't quite matter so much, when you really put things into perspective.

I'd say that any actions that tend to draw a primal response, are probably the first and best matters to be arbitrated. Now, there's some morals involved in that.

On the other hand, let's look at MOST of the ten commandments. (I'm not a Christian, BTW) Being that this is supposed to be a "Christian" nation, and that's what we draw our morals from, why don't we mandate honoring the Sabbath, for example? Not just in word, but by the letter of the law? With punishments for not doing so. How will you feel about that? I mean, hey... It's morals, right? And people have had these beliefs for a very long time, right?

Are you REALLY sure that you want to have this argument about morals?

Thanks, but I don't dance. However, I'll remember it if that ever actually happens. ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, did you just impress yourself? Here let me try that icon...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    solid7, Dec 17, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.