1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Amazon Affiliate Programs good to make money for beginners?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hasibrsohel, Dec 13, 2013.

Hi,

I am trying to learn about Amazon Affiliate program. Can anyone please tell me Amazon Affiliate Programs is good to make money for beginners? I would be grateful if you give me some suggestion about how can I start.

Thanks!

hasibrsohel, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  2. theor23

theor23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been doing some research too. I hear amazon doesn't payout the highest, but it's still good place to start. If I were you, don't focus just one the money making, but how your going to attract people to what you have to offer. As I see it, once you learn how to drive traffic and convert that traffic into sales...then the game changes. Good luck to you! OH! What are you looking to promote specifically?

theor23, Dec 13, 2013 IP
    homer7 likes this.
  3. Jojo2235

Jojo2235 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I heard Amazon is good because many people trust it. Also, try to find a program that has whatever it is you're interested in..the money will follow uf you're passionate about whatever you're selling. Good luck!

Jojo2235, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    For a beginner I'd say no. Better to promote products with higher commissions when first getting involved in affiliate marketing imho.

dcristo, Dec 13, 2013 IP
    homer7 likes this.
  5. Julie Anne

Julie Anne Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with all of the above. The pro of Amazon is that the products sell themselves and the program is easy to join and set up as long as you have a bank account and so on. It might not be easy as far as sellling, though. It might be easier if it's a less-saturated niche you want to promote -- one subcategory of digital items, for instance. I haven't tried it yet but I want to.

Julie Anne, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  6. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon affiliate program is great alternative to Google Adsense program. You can put Adsense banners + link to products using Amazon text links for maximum conversion

It's great way to earn passive income. Suppose, you write news item related to 'Borderlands 2' video game, linked with your affiliate id and someone buys the game 6 months later, you still make money!

However, making good money from Amazon takes long time...

nihangshah, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. theor23

theor23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, the way I look at the whole realm of internet marketing is...once your able to learn the techniques and become successful, you then have the ability to craft your own products. For example, if you have major success in lets say, video marketing, you now obtained knowledge/skills to share with others. If that makes sense... it will take a long time to get there.

theor23, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  8. hasibrsohel

hasibrsohel Member

Best Answers:
    Currently I am learning about Amazon and did not started yet. I am planning for US based local market but not sure about the product yet.

hasibrsohel, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  9. theor23

theor23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to take a look at amazon now

theor23, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  10. hasibrsohel

hasibrsohel Member

Best Answers:
    Hello theor23. Whats your plan. Can you please share with us?

hasibrsohel, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  11. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon to be honest is very difficult but is also great affiliate program, it takes time to make any decent income at least a year maybe, its up to your effort and your ability to build a site with good generic traffic.

homer7, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  12. MikeTurner

MikeTurner Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are just a beginner I recommend that you visit http://amazonaffiliate.club. You will get step-by-step guides for setting up your store and become successful with Amazon. Good luck!)

MikeTurner, May 26, 2015 IP
  13. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Get traffic to your site first. Once you have traffic coming to your site, you should be able to do pretty good by adding selective ads from Amazon.com that are related to the content of your site. In other words, if a page of your site gets people interested in a particular topic, display a couple of ads to books or other products where someone can learn more about that subject. I haven't done well with more generic ads, however.

14. Peter Alypos

Peter Alypos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    on Amazon I earn my first commision. First was 20$, later 70$ but it was very ....booooring especialy niche research. With Amazon one thing is good. When product disapear you can easy replace item. And people also buying stuff not advertised on your site.

Peter Alypos, May 27, 2015 IP
  15. LouisL

LouisL Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would actally suggest the FBA program they have at Amazon and sell private label products made in china - you could buy something for a few dollars and sell it for 20-50 dollars depending on a variety of factors such as quality, popularity of items, listing, reviews, etc.

I make thousands like that a month.....if you want to know more, just ask!

I also came out with an afiiliate blueprint product that lays out that kind of buisness step by step!

LouisL, May 28, 2015 IP