1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Paid Membership Site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Waffle Dragon, Oct 11, 2013.

I want to make a membership site but I'm not sure what niche i should do. I'd like to do the video game niche but I'm unsure what content I could provide that people would be willing to pay for. If someone could help me with this or give me some tips on running a membership site, I would appreciate it.

If you could give me some good examples of video game membership sites, that would be great!

Waffle Dragon, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  2. Holyhero

Holyhero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you could provide them guides or resources

Just don't charge so much so that you could attract more people

Holyhero, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  3. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    Write short articles about a page in length (250 -500 words) showing little tricks to advance through a game And post it to your site -Put up a sign up sheet so they can recieve these tips on a constant basis

This acomplishes two things - Establishes your expertize in the gaming industry and When you have a completed book or lengthy report you now have a list to sell to.

DEBooks, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  4. kazoone

kazoone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think the first question you should ask is... are there already any membership sites in the gaming niche? Some niches don't really support membership types of sites (but also depends on whether you will charge a monthly fee or one-time fee). I'd suggest doing research first and see what other gaming membership sites are doing and what kind of content they are offering.

kazoone, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  5. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    you need to be confident with the niche that you will make, because it is one of the important parts of the site.

Owl Writer, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  6. Beth Hewitt

Beth Hewitt Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you build up some kind of presence in your particular niche first and make sure there is a need for what you offer. I personally didn't create a membership site until I knew that my community members and followers actually needed it. A lot of work can go in to building and maintaining a membership site so you might want to be 100% that you have the right niche and passion behind it :)

Good Luck.

Beth Hewitt, Dec 13, 2013 IP