1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Experts Know Why I am Not Ranking?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ojejones, Dec 7, 2013.

I run a site www.relationshipsurgery.com. I have lots of content and members because I use Facebook successfully to drive all my traffic.

My problem is that Google sends me little to no traffic even after nearly a year. If anyone can have a quick look at the site and see if there is anything glaringly obviously wrong, I would really appreciate it.

ojejones, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't get the point why so many people have content in your website... Did you work on your On-Page SEO? H1 tags? Title and description for EACH subpage... Also, start building backlinks to ALL your subpages, NOT only your homepage! ;)

patco, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  3. Aninda Pramanik

Aninda Pramanik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea , it's a very good idea!. You can also follow the Google Penguin 2.1 and Hummingbird Updated , and no spamming do White Hat Method SEO. Thank you :)

Aninda Pramanik, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  4. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    I've been away for more than a month and been busy with amazon since people are going crazy buying since xmas is coming. Now, I'm back in this forum since I heard google just recently updated the PageRank toolbar. And I saw your post and here are my suggestions, you can follow it all or just some of it that you think is right or don't follow at all :)
    On page:
    1. Change the title "Relationship Advice Forum" to "Relationship Advice Forum for Men and Women" so that your h1 tag will contain your 3 main keywords which are "Relationship Advice Forum" "relationship advice for women" "relationship advice for men"
    2. Under "All Conversations" the titles are on h1 tag, make them H2 if possible.
    Off page:
    1. keywords 'relationship advice' and 'dating tips' the competition is very tough so you can focus those 3 primary keywords instead that I listed above On page no.1...
    2. Create High PR relevant links through buying expired domains with PR (another thing you should learn if you really want to SEO the site) and through guest posts. You can start buying 10 expired high PR domains and create a website in them as dating/relationship themes (make it similar on your niche). Create relevant posts where title contains your keywords or just similar-closely related keywords so that your main site will have high PR links on relevant sites. Also you should host them on diff. cheap shared hostings (google it). For guest posts, find websites on your niche (preferably with authority) and contact them and offer them high quality articles for them to post on their site as guest posts with your links (patience and hardwork is required).
    3. Your anchor texts are varied so its good. Now you can use these anchor texts and post the primary keywords on the best link you can possibly get, 'relationship advice for women', 'relationship advice for men', relationship advice forum, relationship advice for men and women, relationship advice forum for women and men, relationship advice forum - relationshipsurgery.com, relationship advice for women - www.relationshipsurgery.com, relationshipsurgery.com - relationship advice for men, www.relationshipsurgery.com, http://www.relationshipsurgery.com and so on as long as the anchor texts are varied but still you can rank since it has your keywords.
    You can do those for this month, and if you still will not rank then continue doing it again next month. Powerful links are links on relevant post/page with high pr. When I started learning SEO, that has already been the case up to Now to rank a site.

j3thro, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  5. Muhammad Umar Pakistan

Muhammad Umar Pakistan Member

Best Answers:
    by default search engines don't like dating sites but this is not the main reason, the main reason is that your content indexed on facebook and looks duplicate on your site.. just paste any paragraph to google and search it you will not find any of your site result.

Muhammad Umar Pakistan, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  6. sam770

sam770 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not an expert but it seems that your content isn't up to par with googles standards. I would recommend you try getting some fresh unique content that won't seem like spam to google and drive traffic to that link. If its of quality hopefully google will improve your ranking. Personally, I like to hire content writers to write a few solid good articles to get on google's good side. if you are interested you could try contentmaster.net i usually find someone there who specializes in my topic.

sam770, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  7. ojejones

ojejones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advice. I am not sure what the guy is saying about my content being indexed on Facebook? We do share stuff there but Facebook only takes a snippet so shouldnt be a problem there.

With regards to thin content. We do have this on the posts as it is a forum. I have however added an articles section. Should I do something different with this section to get the articles ranking well?

ojejones, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  8. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Forums can rank very well and its advantage is that, it keeps updating when someone comments on a thread or post new threads. The best you can do to learn is to look closely into your competitors on your keywords, see what they are doing both on page and off page. You can collect a lot of data in order for you to start your seo campaign. Also, you can choose what not to follow (spammy looking backlinks) and what to follow. Just dig deeper

j3thro, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  9. Aninda Pramanik

Best Answers:
    Everybody share so helpful post. This is so important for your rank.

Aninda Pramanik, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  10. vermadenish

vermadenish Member

Best Answers:
    HI Ojejones !

Its only due to Google new algorithm updates.

I needed to check your website first then I can tell you exactly- what is the issue ?
    You can PM Me .

Thanks

vermadenish, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  11. Aninda Pramanik

Best Answers:
    Yea! vermadenish is right . It's Hummingbird Updated . You should learn more

Aninda Pramanik, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  12. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    But shouldnt the heading tags show clear hierarchy? Why would you advice him to change it to h2? Heading tags are not for styling purposes.

Divi-Woorank, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  13. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    You say that most of your traffic is from Facebook. But how come you fail to provide Facebook and other social media share buttons on each of your articles. I think you are not putting your precious content to proper use. You need to build maximum exposure to your content? Do they have a RSS feed that is promoted?

Divi-Woorank, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  14. andrewhoward123

andrewhoward123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Site is fbcoolcovers.com which is best for Facebook covers.It is not ranking what is the solution for this????
    Please share some suggestion???

andrewhoward123, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  15. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    A big LOL. changing them to H2 will show clearer hierarchy (level of importance), so if you have the keyword(s) on meta title and H1 then that should be fine. The site has more than 10 H1s on the homepage, I think if there are less H1 where it contains the keywords, then its telling google a better picture of what the site is about rather than having them 10+s H1 where it can't give better picture what the the is about. Onpage is all about telling google what the site is about, and changing them to H2 is just my opinion and its for styling purposes and it can give better hierarchy compared to having 10+s H1. ISN'T IT?

j3thro, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  16. andrewhoward123

Best Answers:

Is there any answer for my question????

andrewhoward123, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  17. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    I did not notice he used 10 h1's, my bad. Sorry for making you explain this much.

Divi-Woorank, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  18. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    You need to give us more details as to what you have been doing to promote your site? Is your site indexed? How old your site is and more relevant information.

Divi-Woorank, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  19. stellakeybrowsse

stellakeybrowsse Member

Best Answers:
    Your nofollow, referring domains, referring ratio is very less. try to get more, you will get

stellakeybrowsse, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  20. andrewhoward123

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your answer.

andrewhoward123, Dec 13, 2013 IP