1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[2013] Benefit of Yahoo Answers in Seo?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by eric_wahlberg, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'd be amazed by how many people get beyond level 2, post links, and then come to this forum asking why has my Yahoo Answers account been deleted.

danasurvey, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  2. reed265

reed265 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you know what? this method is already saturated long ago I think. going to ask yourself and answer the question yourself and you rate it yourself again... it's old and I don't thinks it's useful any longer. correct me if I'm wrong?

reed265, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  3. najinsword

najinsword Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only thing Yahoo Answers is helpful for is a small amount of traffic. Just like I see other people posting in here the links are nofollow, and that means they won't be helpful for SEO whatsoever. Traffic on the other hand...you are counting on many things for this to even be viable. First off you have to make sure when you put your link in your answer that it is relevant to the question. Second, who knows how many people are going to click on it and if they will even come to your site after that. So you are looking at not a very reliable source of traffic. So all in all I think your time is better off somewhere else other than Yahoo Answers.

Thanks

najinsword, Sep 22, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not reliable source of traffic? You mean, compared to the way the latest Google algo may change a site's standing from page 1 to page oblivion? All sources of web traffic are subject to inconsistency. What YA does is free most of us from unbalanced dependency on Google's unreliable traffic funnel. If one uses a Fiverr gig to get somebody else to ask the right questions using their YA account, you can answer knowing your link will appear relevant.

And the no follow nature of the links are irrelevant, considering the indirect SEO effect of a YA page ranking high for a certain keyword. The searcher browses it to read your answer, likes it, then may click thru to your site. In this and from direct link through vistors, many receive as much traffic from using Yahoo Answers by itself, as from the SEO direction (depending on the niche).

melprise, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  5. najinsword

najinsword Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In comparison to other ways to gain traffic (social networking, forums, etc...) there are alot better ways to gain traffic than Yahoo Answers and that was precisely my point. There is literally NO SEO effect from YA....you don't get any SEO benefit at all. Links are nofollow so it cannot help your site in any way other than providing a little bit of traffic. Yes I realize that all sources of web traffic are subject to inconsistency but I rather spend my time or money on something a hell of alot more consistent then YA.

najinsword, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  6. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And there we have the source of the disagreement. Don't believe the hype, SEO traffic is NOT CONSISTENT, thus judging every other method in terms of its relevancy to SEO places too much trust in a method whose reliability literally shifts every month. That YA 'little bit of traffic,' times enough answers to questions per site, plus use of similar non SEO sources of traffic, can equal or exceed the average SEO based traffic campaign for a site. This direct link thru effect has been field tested by many non-SEO marketers using YA or Youtube as their traffic source, and the results have been usually better than from using social media or forums.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    melprise, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  7. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answer is never for SEO, it can bring you traffic but using it for self promotion is never their aim and can get you ban in the twinkle of an eye.

Kanonig, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  8. RedMirror

RedMirror Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I still disagree. I don't think violating a site's TOS helps with SEO and Yahoo Answers is very clear that advertising/promoting is not allowed.

RedMirror, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  9. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    hello !
    SB Global's yahoo answers posting is one of best method to get targeted traffic worldwide.

sbglobal79, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. chrisfc61

chrisfc61 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello
    The link are no follow and not help your SEO website.
    But it's an important source of traffic and qualified traffic if your comments are in related relevant category similar of your website product and theme

Regards
    Christophe

chrisfc61, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  11. shony

shony Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers are a good way to get traffic....you will also get a no-follow link...some answers are indexed and are on 1st page of google answering them will get anyone tons of traffic....

shony, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  12. tech-24x7

tech-24x7 Member

Best Answers:
    yahoo answers helps to get traffic on the site.

tech-24x7, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  13. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will definitely say it has helped with my SEO in the past, but you have to be very careful how you go about posting links as I've seen people get banned over and over again. In terms of traffic I think it just depends on how many people view the question, because I have had some questions with my links get me 0 views, and some get me thousands I think that's honestly just luck of the draw.

Noticed, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  14. SyZy

SyZy Member

Best Answers:
    One of the good things about Yahoo answers is that the links stick for a while. I invested a lot in them a few years back and I still get plenty of traffic from them. Around 500 visitors per month from around 200+ answers. Overall I don't think they had a bigger impact on rankings, but they did help in getting visitors and several streams of them, not just focusing generally on Google. Overall I also think they help rankings on Yahoo search.

[​IMG]

SyZy, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  15. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers provides exact traffic for your site and according to site niche. They are direct visitors and the conversion rate is more, also it is high valuable and authentic link which help to promote presence in Yahoo search. It is very good for SEO but have to answers and link very carefully otherwise it yahoo may suspend your account from answering.

Afrasiab, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  16. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Beside the said above, you need to be aware that some contributors may flag your answer for no reason at all, particularly if yours is chosen as best answer.

Yahoo will make you aware of this and will give you a chance to refute the decision to remove your answer and penalize who flagged you. If you don't pay attention to this, you may end up with no links at all in Yahoo Answers.

This is why answers must be relevant and links subtle inserted, mainly as a reference source.

Mystique, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  17. wizzyweb

wizzyweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here's a tip for getting level 2 account on yahoo answer:
    1.answer maximum number of questions every day.
    2.search yahoo answers and save your search.
    3. vote for your answer at undecided questions.

With level 1, you can add as resource only link in text format. With level 2, link is crawlable, but no-follow, i believe.

wizzyweb, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  18. Bishal Biswas

Bishal Biswas Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Benefit Is That You Would Make Fans, Followers and Readers For Your Blog Through The Useful Answers you Provide in Yahoo. Moreover you could drive traffic and Get A High Quality Backlink.

Bishal Biswas, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  19. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If done correctly one can get decent traffic from yahoo answers.
    From my experience I have noticed there are some specific yahoo answers question which will rank on Google almost instantly (almost within 24 hours). People who are using yahoo answers marketing for some time are aware about this fact. And if you resource box your website URL in one of those google ranked yahoo answers, you can get massive traffic. Anyway your website has to be relevant with the context of the question.

seo_buzz, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  20. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers help more in bringing traffic to a website than its SEO. If your answer is chosen as best answer and you have the link to your website within the answer you will get traffic to it. Popular questions asked on yahoo answers get rankings in SERPs and if someone is looking for that answer on Google it will display yahoo answers as well. If will help in SEO in a way that your site has a backlink from yahoo.

Joe Badger, Dec 20, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.