1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does my site get low ranking on Google? I did not do anything that may result Google Penalty

Discussion in 'SEO' started by hungvn9, Dec 10, 2013.

I get a new wordpress site setup ( .com domain) and I have not done anything rather than write unique articles myself. When I do searches with title of the articles, they do not appear on SERP. If I add my domain after the title, I can set them at the first search result page.

I do not think I did anything that may cause Google Penalty. I even have not make an backlink for the website.

The only possible issue: There are few sample articles (12 ones) from my theme install and they get indexed by Google, but very soon I deleted them . Do you think this can make me Penalized by Google.

Anyone can give me some advices?
    Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    hungvn9, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  2. hungvn9

hungvn9 Member

Best Answers:
    oops, sorry for posting this in wrong forum. Could you please help me to move it to Search Engine Optimization forum?

hungvn9, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  3. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should let the articles on your blog. To get good ranking at Google for each blogpost (posting), you need to acquire backlinks toward to your domain (root).

himanuzo, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Deleting the content may have been a mistake if it was helping you rank. One thing you can do is continue to add new content on a regular basis.

danasurvey, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  5. vermadenish

vermadenish Member

Best Answers:
    Dropping the ranking for a website is very natural because of Google updates.

Recently - Google updates Penguin, Humming bird and other spam protection related updates by which millions websites rank dropped.
    But its also true with a mean time- You can recover your website ranking using Penguin Recovery process.

So just you have to aware with this and then you can recover.

Feel Free to ask me any question with PM too.

vermadenish, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  6. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    How old or new is your site?

Divi-Woorank, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  7. hungvn9

hungvn9 Member

Best Answers:
    it's about 1 month

hungvn9, Dec 12, 2013 IP
  8. Divi-Woorank

Divi-Woorank Member

Best Answers:
    Its really good to know that your site has been indexed (since you can see search results of your site when the URL is entered), because its been just a month.

Let me also clear it out that Google has no business in penalizing you based on what you decide to keep on your blog or not ( I am assuming your site is a blog because you mentioned articles :cool:)

So you are telling us that when you enter the title of the article, it does not appear in search results. Do you mean just the first page of SERPs or in the first ten pages of SERP? Do you see other articles with the same title appearing in search? It is very unlikely that your article does not appear when you enter the title.

On another note, you must build backlinks. It is essential that you do so that it gives the impression to search engines that your site is liked by readers. But you do not have to build the links right away. For now, I would suggest you to just create awesome content and share it on social media, social bookmarking sites, forums (if they allow links), blog comments (if they allow links). It does not matter if the links are nofollow, your aim must be to get maximum traffic with maximum exposure.

Also, since its been just a month I dont see a reason to fret about this. Just do what you do and see how your readers respond. Do not just depend on Google search for getting readers to your blog. That is one of the mistakes webmasters make and when they get hit with a penalty they lose all hopes. Get different sources of traffic to your blog.

Also, I think it is important that you link external resounces in your blog to. Sometimes that also helps in brand exposure as the person you are linking to will take notice of your blog.

Whatever you do with the linking, just keep it relevant.

If you have a copy of the 12 articles that you deleted and if they are related to each other you can create a powerpoint presentation and upload it to slideshare.com and link it to your website. This is just an idea. All the best.

Divi-Woorank, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  9. hungvn9

hungvn9 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Divi for great advices. I think my possible problem is that though I have registered the domain recently, it has a long history with the previous owner. I think that my domain has been banned from Google before by the previous owner.

hungvn9, Dec 13, 2013 IP