1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to know about the impact of local citation for local business

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Md Jahirul Islam, Dec 10, 2013.

Hello guys,

I think there are a lot of SEO master in this forum. I want to know how beneficial Local citation for the local business owners after all the latest updates from Google. Do you recommend to do it? Look forward to hearing from the experts.

Thanks in Advance.
    Jahir

Solved! View solution.
    Md Jahirul Islam, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    Local citation is very important for your business,if you submit your business or business url in high pr local business directories,you will get more customers or traffics as well as your business will get priority in google search result,you can check some us business directories such as merchantcircle.com,yellowpages.com,insiderpages.com,elocal.com etc

amirul.nayan, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  3. MrShabir

MrShabir Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed with Amirul.Nayan, If you want to optimize website for local ranking then you must submit local listing for good traffic and and ranking.
    But you need High PR website for local listing.

MrShabir, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  4. Md Jahirul Islam

Md Jahirul Islam Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Amirul and shabir bros. I have another question related to local citation. If I work for client, then will I be able to submit my client site to the local citation or directories if I use my personal email to sign-up those directories? How many different websites will I be able to submit for each sign-up in a directory? I mean if I want to submit two/three sites of different clients in a same directory then will I have to sign-up several times using different emails?

Md Jahirul Islam, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  5. amirul.nayan

amirul.nayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some directories accept multiple submissions from a single sign up,but some don't accept,in that case you have to sign up with different email.

amirul.nayan, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  6. BizMarketing1

BizMarketing1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using local citations is still a good practice, but I want to address another issue you bring up. It sounds like you are reselling your services and wanting to use your personal email address for building profiles. That is a very bad idea.

You should build profiles for each client and a unique email address for each client. The client needs to have access to everything that is related to their website, including what you produce for their local SEO efforts. Imagine how upset you would be if someone took over control of your business and left you without access to key parts of it.

Take the time to create individual email addresses and accounts and you will have happier clients.

BizMarketing1, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  7. ranvijay

ranvijay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Local Business Ranking - The most important factor is NAP (Name, Address and Phone)
    • Use the same NAP used in Google+ Local Business on different Local business directories (especially those who are authority sites - with a long past & upcoming long future - mean to say submit your business into those directories which are really mean to be directories at organizational level.)
    • Each & every day you will find some new B2B sites, local business directories & yellowpages sites - most of these sites are meant to earn money from Google Adsense programs based on Impressions.
    So far as usage of a single username for different clients is concerned, I totally agree with @BizMarketing.
    • What will you do if your client ask for user credential?
    • If provided you risk your other clients followed by negative impact on the user profile used on local directories.

ranvijay, Jan 8, 2014 IP