1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling No longer for sale

Discussion in 'Domains' started by GaGuy, Dec 10, 2013.

ForumPosts.com

ForumPosters.com

BIN: $2k takes both.

GaGuy, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  2. goodboy133

goodboy133 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    This price for two domains like this is a joke. ;)

goodboy133, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  3. GaGuy

GaGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    If you're offering forum posts to people who launched a forum and want to make it seem active (it's almost impossible to establish a solid foundation without buying some) or if you're offering forum posts for SEO purposes, ForumPosts.com and ForumPosters.com represent the best domains money can buy.

Do you agree that people are more likely to take you seriously if you own a domain like ForumPosts.com or ForumPosters.com as opposed to Best-Forum-Posts.com?

The long-term benefits should not be underestimated: better conversion rates, higher CTRs (people are more likely to click on ads if they see a premium domain than on ads which promote a crappy one), a higher sales price if you ultimately decide to sell the business and so on.

GaGuy, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  4. goodboy133

goodboy133 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Yep, but all this beautiful word wrapping for these domains doesn't say anything - how many people buy forum posts? Are these high end buyers? I think not - 2,000$ is just a ridiculous price. Who would buy best-forum-posts.com anyways? If they have any idea of what selling means, they won't be stupid enough to buy them.

Long term benefits? Let us say someone is gaining 50$ per month thanks to conversions, it would take 40 months to recoup the money - something which most buyers aren't patient enough for.

goodboy133, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  5. conceptman

conceptman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    gaguy dont be discouraged with goodboy valuation
    goodboy if its pricy for you then move on, OP dint ask you for a appraisal i guess

conceptman, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  6. jb1

jb1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well its a little bit expensive at first glance but if you are going to evaluate thoroughly considering you are in the forum writing business, i find it as a reasonable price. i will take note of this thread. :)

jb1, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. goodboy133

goodboy133 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Nah, I'm definitely not interested in the domains, just pointing a few straight facts. ;)

goodboy133, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  8. GaGuy

GaGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Your evaluation is hilarious and your facts are weak with no backing. For somebody like yourself who only wants to spend $10 on a short and catchy .com brandable name, I can fully see where you're coming from, LOL.

Allow me to educate you on this topic.

"How many people buy forum posts?"
    By asking that question alone, I can already tell that this is a market you're obviously unfamiliar with, so I don't expect you to understand. Let me debrief you. As long as platforms like vBulletin, XenForo, IPB, and other major forum platforms exist and continue to innovate- there will always be a demand for forum posts and other community content creation. I've personally invested hundreds into hiring forum posters alone for my own communities. New forums and communities are created everyday. Additionally, just head over to the content creation section on Digital Point, and search "forum posters needed". Hey, look- they're using the exact terms of these domains!

And let's be realistic here- a good domain will always make things easier for you.

If you want to rank on Google, you'll be able to generate results without spending as much on links as the owner of other forum posting services using other names and most importantly, without being all that aggressive. As a result, your SEO campaign will have considerably more long-term potential.

Furthermore,

If you want to advertise via AdWords, there are LOTS of marketing experiments which make it clear that a good domain generates better CTRs and that by using a great domain, you'll end up paying less per click. The same principle is valid when it comes pretty much any traffic source.

If you want to negotiate deals/partnerships, people are more likely to take you seriously if you own the best possible domain for your niche.

If you ultimately decide to sell the business, it will fetch considerably more if it has a great domain as its foundation.

... the list could go on and on.

Are these not reasonable and realistic points that I'm making? On the other hand, your willingness to offer $10 for a short and catchy brandable .com is laugh-out-loud funny and certainly tells me that you're a domain valuation expert. I'm sorry, but it's quite clear that your perception of value and brandability is flawed.

P.S. I've received an offer for $750 each; however, looking for more. Keep the offers coming!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    GaGuy, Dec 16, 2013 IP