1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Pop-Up Light Box Plug-in or Software?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jenny113, Aug 2, 2013.

I like to have a pop-up light box to squeeze email with a freebie PDF when new visitors come to my Wordpress website, hopefully with the function to exclude returning visitors because it is annoy to see the same pop-up over and over, I would also like to build sales page within my website, my question is as follow:

1. Could Optimize Press do the job?

2. I’ve heard about Pop-up Domination, is this the best, or do you suggestion a better alternative?

3. Would it be better if I combine Optimize Press with other pop-up plug-in or service?

Thank you.

jenny113, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. GodOfSEO

GodOfSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ninja popups is the 1 I use, you can buy a theme pack that makes it even sweeter but if you have even basic CSS skills you can make the popup look like whatever you want.

It also has a MASSIVE list of features and it'll block returning visitors in the options :)

GodOfSEO, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My colleague was just asking me about the new optimizepress. That stuff looks pretty awesome.

I have had to do something similar. I used this on a standard wp install http://wordpress.org/plugins/m-wp-popup/

If I had to venture a guess that will work with optimizepress but, given the nature of sales pages you can pretty much build those with anything and a button or shortcode plugin or two as well. At the end of the day its much cheaper.

For instance, http://codecanyon.net/item/allinone-shortcodes/241861

EDIT: I Just looked that first link over. You may want to go with the premium version and glue that stuff into mailchimp.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Nigel Lew, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  4. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know what I actually use?

Aweber popup forms.

They're very easy to configure, and installing is as easy as passing a tiny 1 line Javascript code.

Also, my optin subscribers have probably doubled over the last month. (About the time I installed a bunch of rotating popup forms).

PS: I've also tried a bunch of plugins.

They are fancy, but the Aweber popup is working fine for me.

(I have an older version of Popupmadness but haven't bought the new one).

To be honest I think popupmadness is probably better, but the Aweber popup form is pretty sweet and will get the job done.

You can setup a "Lightbox"; where the opt-in form dims out the rest of the page and people have to either opt-in or exit out in order to proceed.

A little invasive?

Maybe.

But your optins should definitely increase.

:)

Hope this helps.

CandleKeep, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  5. jenny113

jenny113 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind reply! And how can I proceed to like your answers ( I am new here... ) ?

jenny113, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  6. halfdata

halfdata Active Member

Best Answers:
    halfdata, Dec 10, 2013 IP