1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do internet marketers charge so much for their money making systems?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by johnnyr860, Aug 23, 2013.

1. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is about being smart and offering services to those people who have been scammed like myself too many times. I know your not calling me lazy but I want you to understand I am more then willing to pay for a money making system if the information provided was accurate or could guarantee that I could make money. But due to the high volume of spam or not good ebooks being sold how much money do i have to throw into the fire so to speak before I strike something that wont burn me?

I am trying to strike gold and each time I spend money on a system that does not work I get farther away from my goal and this causes me to lose motivation. Life is about taking risks I agree but if you take a risk over and over and you know that the last number of times you did that you had bad success then it might be time to come up with a new game plan so you don't waste more time or money on systems that don't work. I can't spend another $100 on a system that does not work.

It's not a case of lazy for me it's a case of I'm a college student with rent, bills, and tuition that needs to get paid and if the lady does not get paid for her rent I will not hear the end of it from her. Being the hardworking man that I strive to be my bills and school are #1 for me and by throwing my money into systems that don't work I am not getting my bills paid on time nor am I getting any closer to finding that golden system that can really work. I hope you understand. Give me a system that you have personally used that you still use to make money today right here in 2013 that you can rest assured will put money in my pocket and I will be more then happy to whip out that credit card again but until I find a proven system that someone can tell me works for them I won't know which people are selling legit ebooks and information out there.

johnnyr860, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be clear there are no automatic system that will make you money. People will only buy from people they know, like, and trust -- and in order to that you need to add your own personal voice into your marketing.

With that said if you gave two people the same exact system, one could make thousands while the other makes nothing. Why you ask?

It all comes down to where there traffic is coming from and how they are converting that traffic. If all you bring is un targeted traffic, you could have a 1,000 visitors with no sales to show for it. On the other hand if you bring in 100 very interested visitors, they will be eager to read what you have to say, and purchase what you are promoting.

As far as the converting goes -- the best is most sustainable way to make money online is building a list. If all you do is send traffic to sales pages, you will get very little to no sales at all.

So remember it is not systems that fail but people. I would instead of investing your money into systems -- learn the basics of internet marketing and find a proven method that people use to make money like list building.

Hope this helps answer your questions :)

Also before buying anything always do your research and see if the person and their product is legit. Simply go to Google and type in "XXX Review" -- then see what pops up.

Good luck and I wish the best for you :)

mkcookin, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  3. globaltakeover

globaltakeover Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simply put, the ones who sell "make money" programs, tutorials, or guides do so in a last ditch effort to capitalize upon the limited knowledge they have gained during their failed attempts at internet marketing. The real "big fish" don't sell their secrets, they use them to make themselves more money. It's this funny thing called competitive advantage. Follow the REAL "big fish" and you will find out where they eat at.

globaltakeover, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  4. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I somewhat disagree -- while some big fish will keep their secreats, everything they know can be found of the web for free. It to be honest, people make internet marketing a whole lot more complicated then it really has to be.

All you need to do is....

1. Find a profitable niche where people are already spending money. Once you find it drill down as specific as you possibly can.
    2. Find out where the people who are interested in your niche are and start collecting them into your email list.
    3. Once on your list, provide them with massive value that they will truly love, and promote high quality products you have bought and tested yourself.

That is all their is to it :) If you help enough people get what they want -- in return they will help you get what you want!

mkcookin, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  5. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, but if making money was as easy as buying their system, then won't everyone be rich?

Howard Lim, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  6. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing is ever easy when it comes to earning money both online and offline. It always comes with hard work. Even if you have the perfect system in place but you don't have the right mindset and the you don't implement it accurately, you will never ever achieve success. Ask the gurus and successful marketers out there, and it all boils down to hard work.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  7. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    There are a ton of internet marketing systems marketed every day on the internet. The Reason why these systems cost money is because valuable information is shared. If 1 person is making money with the system then the system works. However they cannot guarantee that it will work for you! Before you invest any money into a money making system be sure to review the income disclosure which should be displayed somewhere on the site. If they do not have an income disclosure then that should be a red flag right there. There are thousands of businesses and training products on the internet today. Most of which do not work! The Reason why is because the average person will quit within 90 days. So What you got to do if you decide to purchase a system is 1. Find a system with a product that you believe in. 2. Follow the system 3. Do not quit until you have put in 10,000 hours Any Successful Business model should be profiting after 10,000 hours of work. If you are not making money with the system after 10,000 hours of work then the model does not work and back to finding another business you could put 10,000 hours into. If you follow the guidelines above You will eventually become successful! The Real Question is do you have what it takes to succeed?

Michael Mayer, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  8. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a fair bit of bad systems out there and the people likely just want to make money. There are also a handful of really good ones out there with real information. Before joining or buying anything just read the reviews.

ChrisBa, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  9. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It would be better if you give some time to learn and make your own unique money making method.
    Instead wasting on eBooks which won't work, invest that amount on your research.
    If lose in your research, then still you get some lessons which will help you in long run.
    But if you buy eBook and lost you money, then you gain nothing.

pupul, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If someone is making money off of their own system, they won't share how they do it with others, because: 1. they are too busy and 2. they are not stupid to reveal the tricks of their trade to the whole world. Marketers begin to share their own systems with others when they want to make more money off those who'd buy into their ideas.

It's just common sense.

qwikad.com, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  11. jeanverti

jeanverti Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of stuff out there that are simply scam, money making system is one of them...no need to think further...you've been scammed.

jeanverti, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  12. denej

denej Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not go anywhere near ClickSure or a product called Get Auto Commissions.
    The product, which i have bought is absolute rubbish and not fit for purpose.
    I have tried to get a refund but going around in circles with an automated response system. Have contacted ClickSure and they have just passed my message back to the seller of which i cannot get a decent response from.

BEWARE ALL

denej, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People generally perceive quality based on price. I could sell a regular t-shirt by Hanes for $5 and have 20 bargain shoppers purchase it ($100 profit). Or I can sell a t-shirt by Armin St Pierre for $50 and have only 3 buyers who believe they are purchasing a better quality brand ($150 profit). Armin St Pierre is just a fancy name I made up. It doesn't exist. It doesn't even attract more shoppers. It simple gives the illusion of quality and luxury.

Same tactics are used for these "money making systems". If they charge $99 it MUST be better than those $10 systems, correct? Of course it seems like it does....but it seriously isn't.

In the REAL WORLD if you come up with a system that can turn $10 in to just $15 you will tell no one. In fact, you will use that system over and over and over until you are too wealthy (doesn't exist) or it stops working for you. Whenever you come across a "money making system" that is being sold for X amount of dollars (doesn't matter if it's $5 or $500) you must ask yourself "Why is this idiot selling this information if it's so valuable?" and the answer will always be: Because the profit from the sale of the information will greatly exceed the profit from applying the techniques and strategies that are being sold.

NetStar, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  14. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    If a person is "rich" from an idea they created to make money, they shouldn't sell it for hundreds or thousands of dollars. How does someone really know it's the real thing? What I don't like is when the Internet marketer makes them feel bad if they don't buy it, like they really don't want to change their lives. What they should do if they are honest, is to offer a credit card free trial to prove their system works, and when the buyer has made money, they can take their fee out of it then. That way the buyer can see that it works, the marketer gets paid and the buyer will then have enough money to pay the large cost or monthly payment to the program without taking it out of their pocket.
    Oh, and they shouldn't tell someone they can get something free, then say they spent thousands of dollars on creating something and in order to keep up their admin costs, or whatever, they need a payment for that. Also, when people sign up for free they find out they have to pay for domain, hosting, etc. to get the "system" to work. Paying for something is not free. Let people make money first-show them it works and they will be happy to pay you later.

Caden, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  15. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do they do it? Because they can, people buy their junk because they don't know any better. Trouble is, there are some decent systems out there but if a stupid one is presented well, makes it sometimes hard for people to figure out the good from the bad. But as one of the above posters mentioned, you can do and find out most things for free. Really, all these programs offer you is a shorter learning curve because they give you the info (the good ones) so you don't have to figure things out yourself.

That being said, the bonafide marketers have the right to charge for their services (IMO). They are knowledgeable consultants and teachers and that is how they make their living. Not ripping people off but teaching and helping. It is in their best interests to help as much as they can for you to become successful. Otherwise, they would not be in business long. If they had a storefront, people would not question whether or not they should work for free. But like I and another member said, you can do a learn a lot of this business for free.

Some stuff, it really helps to have an explanation, there's a lot to learn but that's one of the ways that forums like this one can help you. Ask questions and those who know the answer will do their best to help. Also, start reading some expert bloggers in the industry. Really good ones can be a big help. It would probably be easiest if you started with learning the basics about one method/program/whatever that you want to learn then branch out from there.

Annea, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  16. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They charge what they can because they have people/marketers funnelling traffic in that converts. Some of the time what they are selling is actually useful, but what they don't give you is the product to sell. Link building, twittering, building squeeze pages and everything else is great, but only if you have a product or service to sell in the first place. That's what most people starting out don't have, and the marketers know this and play on it.

creztor, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Business based off from a promise? Yea right.. it doesn't work...

NetStar, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  18. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah these so called "gurus" they prey on the newbies. They want you to believe in the hype. Which leads me to say that most of these "gurus" don't know how to make money online with their system that they are selling. There are some good ebooks and membership sites out there that are legit but you really need to do your research on them. E-mail their support see if they respond back with thorough answers to your questions. If they respond back this can tell you a lot.

kb24, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  19. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because most of the time, you are not in there best interest, all they care about is making money. Most information on internet marketing can be found online for free. Don't watse your money on the products of "IM Gurus"

Dionne Taylor, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  20. Stefan Pylarinos

Stefan Pylarinos Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a Kindle money-making system and charge around $67 for it. I originally charged $247 when I first launched it! The reason was simple, it took me months of hard work and cost me thousands of dollars to develop it, so I had to make my return back somehow. Not only that, but I looked around at the value of the other programs out there and priced accordingly. I believe in always over-delivering, so if you provide something that is $67, make sure the value is worth up to $500, then the customer feels like they are getting a great deal.

Stefan Pylarinos, Dec 27, 2013 IP