1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you using Article Marketing to Drive Traffic to your Website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Snoopy240, Dec 6, 2013.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to ask some questions on Article Marketing to gain any new knowledge on the subject from different point of views and different experiences from the cool people in this Forum :cool:. Exchanging ideas can only help all of us....right...

If you are using Article Marketing to increase the traffic to your site, please share your experiences if you are okay with that.

How powerful would you say Article Marketing is?

And the last question would be....

How long did it take you to get results with your Article Marketing Strategy? ...

I'll really appreciate your answers, your time and your help. Article marketing is a good way to start getting traffic to your site when you are a newbie online - I'm sure there are some people in this forum asking these same questions as well - let's share our own knowledge and experiences on one thread and mastermind on the subject. :cool:

Thanks DP Community!! ...

Snoopy240, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  2. Valeed

Valeed Member

Best Answers:
    I am an article writer from last 3 years. I have seen a lot of organic traffic coming to those free writing platforms like wizzley, squidoo, hubpages and zujava. From such sites, traffic can be directed towards our own website. It is probably the most safe internet marketing strategy.
    But over the years the required standard of writing has gone up.

After the hummingbird algorithm, GOOGLE is looking for conversational material. It means as article writer, we should focus on topics which can start a conversation in the comments section. Google has been penalizing spamming and low quality material.

It is always advisable not to put all your eggs in a single basket. There should be diverse income streams. Writing on free platforms or doing guest blogging is very much encouraged by established internet marketers. Article writing is more like building an Online Empire which means you can cover wide range of topics and link them back to your site. It will definitely bring high quality backlinks to your site :)

Valeed, Dec 6, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. Joseph Lopez

Joseph Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had Experience With It ... It Is Great And Can Drive You Great Amount Of Traffic ! But You Have To Do The Research And Find Some Great Technqiues That Can Help Your Improve Your Stream of Traffic To Your Business! I Recommend That You Try It And See Your Own Thoughts and Tricks You Develope.

Joseph Lopez, Dec 6, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    One way of promoting your website and product can be achieved for free. As an additional bonus, this “free” method can boost your sites and sales, doubling and even tripling your income.

Articles. One of the easiest ways to promote your website in order to generate traffic and increase your earnings. Get a free report here
    http://www.discount-ebook-s.com/gift_3.html

DEBooks, Dec 6, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  5. Caroline Green

Caroline Green Member

Best Answers:
    article directories hardly generate any traffic to your site (but spam links)
    Article marketing is not at all powerful. It was just an easiest way to build content links that too before penguin update.

you might need to wait for years, if you just rely on article marketing (submitting articles in article directories)

Caroline Green, Dec 6, 2013 IP
    TIEro and Snoopy240 like this.
  6. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of article directory, I see forums are good source of getting traffic to a website, it depends on your contribution mainly.

alex06295, Dec 7, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Article marketing is an easy way or a free way to get organic traffic to your site and you might also convert to a sale but at the same time is not enough. Before it was easier to get traffic and convert to sales but now you need more than that. Don´t rely only in article marketing. Do it but look also for another options.

azulita, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For my Authorative sites I use article marketing along with several other methods as well. I finding it all helps.

ChrisBa, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  9. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for all of the replies guys and thanks for sharing your valuable information with us here! ..

I'm implementing a simple Article Marketing Strategy with a simple Tiered Backlinks Strategy to increase the traffic to my Internet Marketing Blog in two ways. You can get traffic from the Article Directories while boosting up your Search Engine Rankings with a proper backlink structure to follow.

The concept is pretty simple and the benefits from doing this process on a daily basis is tremendous! .. You don't only get traffic from the article directories but doing the backlinks the right way, with the right keyword and good on-page search engine optimization will also help you get higher rankings in the search engines.

Here is an example of a Tiered Backlink Strategy you can follow WITH Article Marketing to get the most results from both marketing methods.

(dont know if the image will show here)
    [​IMG]

This is how I'm taking the most advantage of Article Marketing to boost up the traffic to my blog at the moment.

Hope this is helpful to everyone here! ...

Much success everyone! :cool:

Snoopy240, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  10. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to use article marketing a lot when it comes to driving traffic to my website as it is an easy way to engage somebody and can often convert if the article is of good quality. I usually submit around 10-20 articles to a number of different websites to get the most out of article marketing, I recommend checking out http://www.iwriter.com/ if you aren't too confident at writing for yourself as you can get some great work done there at great prices.

Good luck!

IsayHey, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Really nice explanation, but can you tell me how are we going to get wiki link?

eric_wahlberg, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  12. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I too use iWriter because it is very convenient to order articles on the site. All that needs to be done is to post the requirements and then wait for a few hours to get them done.

The biggest advantage that iWriter has is that you can accept articles only if you like them. If you don't, just reject them and you will get another article by a different writer. I think that is a unique advantage because on Fiverr you can't get another article from a different writer and on outsource sites it is the same.

Besides, rates for ordering articles on iWriter are very economical and if you want extremely high quality you can get articles written by Elite writers who are the best.

emvy548, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. theLittledreamer

theLittledreamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Article marketing has become useless after all the recent updates. I recommend posting content on your own site and growing an audience with high quality information that can be easily shared across social media and will attract natural back links.

theLittledreamer, Dec 17, 2013 IP
    dailybread2011 and Snoopy240 like this.
  14. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you - but I still use Article Marketing to get backlinks to a Tiered Backlink Strategy to boost up the search engine rankings. I have been doing it for the last month and my traffic is definitely increasing. The key here is in the Tiered Backlink Strategy you come up with - you can definitely benefit a lot by implementing Article Marketing with SEO Strategies. You can benefit from the traffic from the Article Directories you use and at the same time with the right Tiered Backlink Structure you can also get higher rankings in the search engines.

Here is an image for an example of a Tiered Backlink Strategy
    [​IMG]

Hope what I share here helps someone increase the traffic to their site! :cool:

Snoopy240, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  15. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Article marketing pretty much sucks these days. Trying to get people from an article directory to your site is a very difficult proposition. Using it as a method to create traffic to your site is pretty much useless. Like snoopy 240 says, using your articles as part of a backlinking structure has some value.

The question is whether it has enough value to justify the time writing the articles or the money spent buying them.

dailybread2011, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  16. TrueVapor

TrueVapor Member

Best Answers:
    I don't because I see it as a waste of content. It's a waste of time with low quality content and if you have good content it's just a waste.

TrueVapor, Dec 18, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  17. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Articles are not very effective nowadays. I think, it's much more sensible to post regular updates on your websites and attract people there.

PPC_SuperMaster, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  18. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel Google more choose youtube or video marketing than just article marketing. Some article directories create strong TOS so many useful content for real readers are rejected. They are too scared from Google search traffic so sacrifice many bloggers. Just don't feel right for this.

seocrusher, Dec 20, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  19. vjproduction

vjproduction Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think people nowadays don't have time and high interest to read articles (unless it's something really important, interesting and easy to follow). As an end user / visitor, I don't have any reason to visit and stick around web 2.0 and other article sites...

Videos and social networks are the way to go, especially if the content is viral.

vjproduction, Dec 20, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  20. Suz Suz

Suz Suz Peon

Best Answers:
    Promote your article.

Here is the solution. I use this software.
    Basically you Target specific leads, you get to keep these real leads and you drive massive traffic to your fan page and website. It Saves you time and money. Get penny clicks and start making sells through the people that actually want and need your product or service.
    This is what the big internet marketers are using but most people don't know about.
    Just check it out, you don't have anything to lose. It's a simple software that will blow your mind!
    Click here to target specific leads.

Also contact me if you have any questions or you need help with something else. There's a society that we are creating that requires an invitation.

Suz Suz, Dec 20, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.