1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Job Offer Template?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Vlasic, Oct 7, 2013.

?

A Job Offer Template For Content Creation Forum - Do You Need It?

1. Yes, it would benefit both writers and clients.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Maybe, but it should not be mandatory.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No, it would scare clients away.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Do we, the writers, need a template for clients to comply with when posting job offers in Content Creation Forum? It can be a polite request to follow common sense rather than a demand. Or am I the only one who is sick of vague, obscure, misleading postings? Why do we have to waste our time creating personalized offers to find out we are not even interested in the job after the client has finally revealed the details?
    I can understand when a client refuses to reveal his budget - he might fear writers will hound him for a low rate, or he might have a substantial budget, but is looking for a decent writer selling himself cheap. However, clients who require a writer in a 'specific niche' without revealing the niche and requiring applicants describe all their experience and relevant information is total disrespect for other people's time.
    If your answer is Yes, what could be the mandatory and optional information required to start a Buying thread?
    If no, share your experience in sorting out extremely vague postings - do you just PM any OP and take a chance, or is there a certain marker that tells you to stay away because it's a time waster?

As always, I will appreciate any constructive advice. DP has always been an enriching and supportive community for me. I thank you for that.

Vlasic, Oct 7, 2013 IP
    kingofking, ryan_uk and PhilipSEO like this.
  2. depondev

depondev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my need job

depondev, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need learn to write.........OMG! Now you've got me writing that way!:eek:

Spoiltdiva, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  4. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just got reminded of a joke which I read in FB sometime back.

Man : Are you the English teacher?
    English Teacher : Yes! I are!
    Man : ?!?!?!?

kingofking, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. kingofking

Best Answers:
    @OP, Though the idea of coming up with a service offer template is great, I see there are few scenarios wherein it might put away the clients. There are few content buyers who do not want to get exposed that they "buy" contents for their blogs/sites. Also, when it comes to product reviews, not really many clients will be willing to show the public that they are buying "paid" reviews for the products. If its going to be a paid review, who is going to have the trust on the review?

What I generally do as a content writer is,
    • I do not PM or contact the buyers (Initially I did it) who post vague requirements.
    • I PM the buyers if their requirement is clear and I could complete that task within their stipulated deadlines. If not, I do not take it up. Also, I do not wait for their replies endlessly.
    • If I get a request via PM, I deal with them personally through PMs/Emails and see if I can do it for them and then I seal the deal.
    • I do not queue up offers as I believe every article needs to be researched and written. Mostly I work with one or at max two clients at a time.
    • I generally do not contact buyers whose requirement reads - "cheap" articles because I do not write cheap!

Vlasic likes this.
  6. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback!
    I, myself, have come up with pretty much the same scheme since I posted this thread. I suppose many newcomers to the market experience an urge to react to any job posting until they gain enough experience and learn how to sort the loads of offers into legitimate and the rest.
    Reviewing is an interesting niche, and I have had very contradicting experience reviewing products. On the low end, there are paid reviews that demand praise for the products that do not deserve it; on the high end, there are paid reviews that must be objective and honest, an allow a writer's credentials next to them. Ironically, the latter pays less. I hope I might be wrong here)))

Vlasic, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  7. kingofking

Best Answers:
    I don't find it ironic. Honest reviews anyways would come out from the "real" customers and hence it deserves a lower price. However, to appraise something more that what it is really worth for deserves a higher price!

8. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are most probably right in terms of the market demand, but I have my doubts. Being a very cautious consumer myself, I tend to believe a review which dwells on both pros and cons of a product while a copy almost never hits home with me. It also depends on the niche. For example, if you were to choose an antivirus product, you would drown in user feedback both positive and negative. Besides, the developers definitely can afford to buy a couple hundred copy-reviews. Who do you trust then? You need an objective review by an independent testing company. If I can add my credentials to the review, I will not compromise my credibility with praising the product that will end up outraging the consumers.

Vlasic, Dec 10, 2013 IP