1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Premium Membership Request for Refund. Unauthorized transactions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Original post was edited earlier today:

UPDATE 12/9/13 : Filed a dispute for unauthorized transactions and received my complete refund from Paypal for both Nov 6 and Dec 6. A justified decision on behalf of Paypal against what Shawn has done dragging this situation and abusing my privacy which he never respected as a seller. My only regret is what i had to go through dealing with this.

The only thing left that you have to do Shawn is remove the picture which has my email on it. You keep saying you want to get to the bottom of this, well there you go, this dispute ended and paypal refunded me the $50 that you took. It would have been easier if you didn't do all this. I don't understand what sort of amusement you've gained from this.

Are you going to respect my privacy and remove the email now that this situation is resolved by Paypal?

You can remove my email because you as a seller don't have any right to login to your paypal and retrieve information i have not authorized you to retrieve and post it publicly or you can share your private email here for other to see, would sound fair to yourself, i'd still need my email removed.

If you want to prove to your entire community that this is how you behave and abuse members private information with reckless disregard to their rights and being negligent, then that is a choice you have taken.

I have no idea what you are talking about saying this is not an issue with DP . There was 2 issues here:

First, money that was not authorized and Shawn kept refusing to refund me the money he took and i am also not a premium member anymore, he kept endlessly dragging it and emotionally aggravating me. He took money and refused to refund it and also i was not a premium member.

Second, he posted private information, i did not authorize him to post.

That is not a way someone should act. If you disagreed, well be in my place and let me know if you like all this to happen to you or not.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Arikahun, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    DP isn't able to just withdraw a members Paypal funds without permission. They would need an existing active subscription, for Paypal to send them monthly payments. Do you think DP can simply call up Paypal and say, "I want that money! What they cancelled? No man! Send it anyway, we need that $25 right away!!!" No they can't. So why start a thread with an attitude? It's not DP's fault.

Rebecca, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't make any sense.

The attitude started with Shawn not me. I asked him on his profile to resolve this issue, he was only interested in excuses and keeping the money. I started a thread and it was polite, he was not and shared private information that i have told him 4+ time to remove. If you can't see all this, well i told you already, be in my place and let me know how you would feel. You still haven't answered that part.

We're all owners of big communities but we choose how to act and that is how Shawn chose to act and this was a response from one of VBulletin Staff to this when i talked to him on skype "Does not matter he should just shutup and issue a refund, period... the end"

So i am not the only one who saw how he behaved.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Arikahun, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  4. Roundel

Roundel Peon

Best Answers:
    Saw this topic issue posted in another forum, and it ticked me off to the point of registering.

@digitalpoint , so far you have completely refused to delete a sensitive piece of information that was posted by YOU within this topic. Any reasoning why you have neglected the request to delete the screenshot 4 times now?

All I can say out of this, is learn how to deal with your community. And quit acting like a prick. That's the first impression I have after reading how you dealt with this issue.

You have her information, therefore there is no need to keep it out in the public...

Roundel, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  5. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Roundel. I've been asking more than 4 times and he is being disrespectful @digitalpoint . I have a community with over 1.5 million registered members and i would never use any private information, let alone post it publicly, it is part of our privacy, term and service. Even the law forbid it in many ways, he can get a legal advise if he wishes. He as a seller has no right to login to his paypal and post something that i never authorized him to do and refused to deleted it, i don't even know him and he doesn't know me. I don't know his personal email nor is it shared publicly by others and he would never share his personal email publicly.

I flagged his post so many times and one of his mod was so arrogant that she posted my email on my profile @Smyrl , i even start receiving spam emails to lesbian websites and other things like subscription the moment he shared it and that is not a coincidence, i never received any spam email before for the past 6 years.

[​IMG]

He has no respect for his members privacy, and acts as he pleases and this can get him into trouble.

Arikahun, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  6. Roundel

Roundel Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you stupid?
    It has her FIRST AND LAST name now out in the open, with out her consent. I think that is the main concern?...

By the way, it is actually illegal to go against a clients consent with public viewing of your customers sensitive information.

Roundel, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you need someones consent to use their name?
    ...and what law might that be?

Agent000, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice word salad.

There is nothing sensitive about publicly available information for starters. And, you would further not be making fools of yourselves if you could simply go google what the word "scrape" means.(in any context)

The likely-hood you are getting spammed as the result of an image is exactly zero. The more attention you bring to it, the more spam you will get though. Food for thought.

If using your real info is a not a tenable solution you should frankly not be on the web in the first place.

Nig-

Nigel Lew, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  9. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    The Data Protection Act of 2000 in the United Kingdom prohibits the sharing of sensitive information. A first and last name likely does not qualify as sensitive information, but a private email address most definitely does and that needs to be removed. There are most definitely similar laws in the United States, and in other member states of the European Union.

Plus, to the other who said that the email information is public - that may be so. But that still doesn't give you permission to republish it, with what would seem to be, some kind of malice. (as Digital Point owner repeatedly seemed to try to "wind up" the user by deliberately ignoring them)

It's like finding a credit card number posted online and reposting it on a forum where somebody will use that information for negative purposes. It's an offence and you are breaking the law.

Owen.P, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

That is not only a completely inaccurate reading of that its not even germane to what is going on here.
    I will note that it comes as no surprise to me that noobs with no posts here start coming out of the woodwork to back an entirely erroneous position.

Folks should think before they leap. I learned that one the hard way :)
    Nigel

11. Owen.P

Owen.P Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Nigel,

Actually I am a new member here and I just clicked on this thread out of interest to see what was going on and thought I should comment because I feel the way this is being dealt with by the owners of Digital Point is unprofessional and very much unfair. The guy/girl didn't receive a service and therefore a refund should have been processed, even if they did forget to cancel their subscription. It just doesn't seem fair to me and it seems almost childish that 6 requests for the removal of personal and identifiable information where simply just ignored without mention.

Owen.P, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  12. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn @digitalpoint doesn't care.

It is not about only private information like my email but he has put me through emotional stress, I can claim emotional damages, there is also negligence whether it is acting with reckless disregard or with malice when he said "I know how you feel"

He should delete the image and move on. He doesn't know what he is doing, and lets say someone shared private information of a person and that person was harmed in any way through his or her email, the person who is going to be blamed would be the one who shared it. He doesn't know anything.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  13. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Confucius once said, when in a hole its often a good idea to stop digging

14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fair enough. The image is entirely relevant here, hence its existence. Further, something isn't adding up here but in no way is it on Digital Point. She also "did" receive it, the issue appears to reside with cancelling it.

In e-commerce, especially with recurring or chained payments, things work a bit differently.

At any rate, welcome to Digital Point. Its not all bluster and folks with their panties in a bunch. There is sitll plenty to teach and learn around here.

Nigel

15. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh.... sorry again but that far exceeds fact and roams way into the patently absurd. You are not helping yourself. Those statements are simply not rooted in any semblance of fact. If you find this that stressful you really should be doing something else.

I loves me some arm chair lawyers though.
    Nigel

Rebecca likes this.
  16. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would you like your private email to be shared publicly ? If so care to share it or for @digitalpoint to share his own email here, he will not. He is abusive.
    I also had to file 2 claims for unauthorized transactions and paypal refunded the money, there was no canceling. I have no idea what you are talking about.

17. Agent000

Best Answers:
    But that is not supported by the facts. DP did not take that money! They can NOT debit your PayPal account. They probably received the money from PayPal, who sent the money. The problem was on YOUR end. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    DP tried to get to the bottom of this, but anyone can go back and see you failed repeatedly to answer questions and provide the info asked for to get to the bottom of it.

You digging an even bigger hole for yourself.

ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  18. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are these guys DP alt account or something ^ they're still talking about the money and Paypal. I am done with that, Shawn didn't want to refund the money and kept stalling time and making excuses and only answering parts that he liked, i filed 2 claims for unauthorized transactions and within 2 days Paypal refunded me the money. Facts, not hearsay statements i.e., he say, she say.

The next thing he needs to do is delete my email and move on. I am done here with all this non sense. May be you will get a premium account for trying to support Shawn's wrongdoing and many of you who are supporting him still haven't answered this question "Would you like your private email to be shared publicly without your consent" if so share it here please. #Hypocrites

19. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been swimming with the sharks for about 12 years now.

http://www.jnlew.com
    1207 Vitos Way
    Carbondale, Colorado

I would post my phone as well but it rings too much as it is.

As for your claims, it is inherently impossible to sign up for a recurring subscription here without actually doing so. That is largely my point here.

I gather you had to file some complaints. That is how paypal works in the first place and you did the right thing there. Shawn is not sitting around with his finger on a button billing people here. You signed up for something recurring and will continue to get billed for it and receive said benefits until you cancel the subscription.

And for what its worth. There is a thread floating around here as well where Shawn did in fact paste his info so unfortunately, that argument face plants as well.

At the end of the day he was simply trying to help you. I fail to see how you find that abusive given your entire position is predicated on completely misunderstanding pretty much everything from the internet, to the law to Paypal.

I am also just trying to be helpful here before "YOU" cause yourself a range of emotional distress as you put it.

Nigel

ryan_uk likes this.
  20. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your private personal email not business! I have my business email and it is public and it is known on my site.

Care to share your personal private email ?

Edit: oh dear, he goes and posted a gmail email related yet again to his business in the next post, like he doesn't use a personal email to email his friends and family and close ones. Why you even bother.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013