1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about results when performing site: search within Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bad_bob00, Dec 7, 2013.

Hi there,

I've got a WP blog (footyblog.net) and when I perform the site:footyblog.net search within Google, I'm a little unsure about the results.

The first result is my RSS feed, and then a privacy policy page, some other pages I set up, then a category - International, which links to a player page (http://footyblog.net/ronaldinho/). It's probably best to perform the site:footyblog.net search in Google to see what I mean.

I'm a bit unsure as to why this is happening. Does it mean Google feels the most important result after this search is the RSS feed page? (followed by my homepage). Surely the homepage should come first, then any pages, then posts?

Is it strange that a category is bought up as a result - I thought Google wouldn't crawl categories like this?

Could there be a setting/sitemap setup incorrectly on my blog? I use Google Webmaster tools and have submitted one there. Would this have a big influence?
    I've had bad SERPS for a while now and I'm wondering if doing the search above confirms my site has setup issues?

Thanks for any help!

bad_bob00, Dec 7, 2013 IP
  2. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google says that the page more important will be first shown.
    Now if you have more link juice coming for RSS page that might be a reason why your homepage is not on the top with site attribute.

Rishit Shah, Dec 8, 2013 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  3. Muhammad Umar Pakistan

Muhammad Umar Pakistan Member

Best Answers:
    Remember you are the only one who is searching your site like this.. It does not disturb how people find your site.. One more thing is that Google ranked you page according to the value of each page of your site..

Muhammad Umar Pakistan, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  4. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rishit, maybe that's the case because I think when other sites copy my content they're copying a link back to my site too, so perhaps this is how the RSS page is ranking higher.

Thanks Muhammad but I did this search only to get an impression of what Google feels are the most important pages of my site, no other reason :)

bad_bob00, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  5. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am happy you liked my answer.
    Thank you very much bad_bob00 for liking my answer.

Rishit Shah, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  6. dodlly

dodlly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the site take some times to indexed

create backlinks to your home page

then you will show your home page in The first result

dodlly, Jan 7, 2014 IP