1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Psd to Wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by scott2342, Nov 28, 2013.

Hi,

I have a wordpress site which was created by a freelancer. Basically the functions are there and work well but the design is bad. I had a new design done for the website in photoshop.

I have sliced the images ready to use but with me not having any programming knowledge i can't work out how to edit it. I want to start fresh so i can learn as i go on and i know what everything is but theres a lot of functions already there which would be a shame to lose. All it needs is the design changing around.

What do you recommend? If i keep on paying someone to do it then i will never understand it and how to edit in the future.

scott2342, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  2. hasibrsohel

hasibrsohel Member

Best Answers:
    Hello scott2342,
    Do you know HTML-CSS? Do you have basic knowledge of PHP? If yes then I can give you some guideline to start. If not then I sugges you to hire someone to do your project.

I am a web designer and developer and I have created lot of website using wordpress, so I can also help you to build your website.

Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any query.

Thanks!

hasibrsohel, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  3. rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you follow any framework to design your PSD files if yes then it would be fine for any freelancer to convert this psd into wordpress theme or HTML theme otherwise the meaning of these sliced PSD is nothing. Did you get my point my dear friend.

rakesh kumar, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  4. Martin Ziegert

Martin Ziegert Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

hasibrsohel is right. It really comes down to the fact how much time you lose against how much money you lose. You can get the money back, but you can't get the time back.

Now, I hope you won't get me wrong, but considering what you said, my guess is you probably hired someone to create a Wordpress site for you for up to $100 or couple of bucks per hour. There is a reason why these guys charge that much, and that way you will never get your site done.

I myself am a developer as well, just like hasibrsohel, but I have a team of people working with me as well. If you would like someone to develop a Wordpress site for you and provide you with few quick lessons how to change some basic content on your site, let me know. Furthermore, we never take the money upfront, so there is no risk for you to lose any money if you're not satisfied with the work.

Either way, I do hope you get this site done.

Martin Ziegert, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  5. sara malik

sara malik Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

hasibrsohel is right, if you have knowledge of HTML/CSS and basic knowledge of PHP then you can try to update your website on your own. If you want to try on you own, first of all you should take complete backup of your site and install it on any other domain (or sub domain) and edit the design on sub domain.

But if you don't have knowledge of HTML/CSS and PHP then you will have to learn these first, there are many free tutorial available on the internet to learn these languages. I can help you in learning these languages as I have membership of lynda.com so I can give you video tutorial.

If you don't have time to learn yourself then you should hire someone to create your website. I am designer and developer so you can also consider me :)

sara malik, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  6. pearllike

pearllike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Scott,

As you said you don't have programming knowledge then doing the conversion by your own might trouble you. If the website have lot of functions then may be you need to do some logical and complex coding. So I will suggest you get your site done by some experience guy.
    As you want to learn the PSD to fully functional website conversion then start learning HTML/CSS and PHP. Once you feel comfortable with language; design a PSD and try to convert that into website so that you don't need anyone's help next time.

pearllike, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  7. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I need someone to do a quick psd to html. Its just a simple product box.

scott2342, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  8. pearllike

pearllike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Scott,

We would like to convert PSD file into responsive HTML5/CSS3 PHP5 coded wordpress CMS website. All the features of existing website will remain same. We want to discuss the feature of existing website in detail. Please share existing website URL.

Looking forward for your response.

E:

Thanks

pearllike, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  9. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all, have someone working on it now.

scott2342, Dec 9, 2013 IP