1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories time is over?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Afrasiab, Oct 22, 2013.

I want to know about something but first of all tell you an scenario, 1 of our site was got penalized from Google, i audited all our links manually and remove the bad links. I was hoping that everything will be all right but Google send us mail to remove our directories links as they are unnatural. So we removed that. Now question is that directories have no more importance, role or worth in ranking or promotion? Other high PR and active directories have still worth? Any idea, information or suggestion regarding this question

Afrasiab, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The many thousands of so called directories put up for the express purpose to develop links never had any value to start with. Long developed quality directories are still good alternative search resources. Beating the system by purchasing links is over.

stoner3221, Oct 23, 2013 IP
    amiman and sunilmamo like this.
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question includes a great clue as to what went wrong with your directory submissions....you were chasing PR and it doesn't look like you've learned your lesson when you ask if there's "Other high PR and active directories have still worth?"

Other high PR directories? You mean other than the ones that were selling PR and were included on your bad links report?

Unfortunately, quite a few directory owners were only selling PR. Fortunately, now with Google not apparently updating visible PR they won't be able to profit from selling it anymore. The good news is that they will eventually discontinue their sites and the directories that were built to be resources will be all that remain.

YMC, Oct 23, 2013 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  4. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i want that is Yahoo Directory or Demoz have still worth or alive..I don't have submitted the links on directories, i am experienced and aware of Google algos and rules, i only audited and removed the links and share my experience to gain extra knowledge from seniors like you and other.

Afrasiab, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The crappy ones are getting kicked out. That is what is happening now. It may take a little more time for things to settle down, but directories are not dead. :)

dvduval, Nov 8, 2013 IP
    amiman likes this.
  6. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I own several directories and get premium submission at least 10 times per week so people are still using quality directories for submissions.

amiman, Nov 28, 2013 IP
    dvduval likes this.
  7. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think so directories time is over.
    it is still working, but your focus should be at high page rank directories using same anchor text...Check Directory's page rank, and quality with dofollow option.
    still an effective way for promoting any site or service.

dean1122, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  8. Rakesh Nijhawan

Rakesh Nijhawan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Directories are useful if you get the links from niche directory sites and i suggest you now a days page rank do not matter so if you found any directory relevant to your site than try to get link from that directory and if that directory is have the zero page rank than do not worry just go for it because now a days only quality is matter not page rank.

Thanks

Rakesh Nijhawan, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  9. Reypulga

Reypulga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion If you don't use directories carefully can be dangerous to your Seo

Reypulga, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, and if your target is pagerank at this point in time, you haven't been reading the (SEO) news. Pagerank is all but dead.

dvduval, Dec 2, 2013 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  11. MallofStyle

MallofStyle Member

Best Answers:
    Directories are still a great option as long as they are atleast a few years old. In recent times there are so many directories hosted on the same IP and are paid. Do not go for them. The ones with high authority are still viable options.

MallofStyle, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  12. D3Tek

D3Tek Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't post on hundreds and hundreds of directories. It can prove to be bad for your SEO.

D3Tek, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    How so? Can you elaborate?

Mia, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  14. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll take a stab at the answer....
    When you go about paying some service or similar to submit your site to hundreds or thousands of directories, there are likely to be a few problems.
    1. Some of the directories might be "auto approve" and that means your site will be grouped with a bunch of junk.
    2. Getting a bunch of links quickly, especially the auto approve or low editorial policy variety, can be a red flag to a search engine that you are engaged in some unnatural link building.
    Now submitting to a few good directories that are well maintained and have higher standards is not unnatural. When you add the word "hundreds" that starts to be a different story.

dvduval, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    We both obviously know the answer. I just kinda get sick of the people that come in here, make a post and provide no support for their comments whatsoever. They're either lazy, padding posts, or just have no idea wth they are talking about. This is pretty much a model post when it comes to providing some content that defines and describes ones argument in detail. That I can completely respect. But these baseless claims with absolutely no supporting comments or rational thought are a waste of everyone's time.

Mia, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  16. nonar

nonar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any old directory with PR and index in Google search worth to get link from.
    The storm against directories not new 2006 was more hard and directories pass the issue.
    Quality old directories are main source for search engines.

nonar, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What exactly are you referring to in 2006 specifically?

Mia, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  18. iexo

iexo Member

Best Answers:
    This. 100% Agreed, hopefully we can see less of those bad paid directories!

iexo, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  19. nonar

nonar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The challenge of directories 2006 was do directories worth to get backlinks!
    Directories will be more strong in the coming year, each industry face bad and good time.
    The blame now is not only for the bad directories ( free and paid ) part of it comes back to the SEO Companies which require more links for their clients as link building without looking to the end.
    Some of directories owners take part of it to accept this

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    nonar, Dec 6, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  20. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site that already have link on a hundred Directory. already 3 years since then. i still got nothing any messages from google . So we can just judge it all matter causing by Directory i though.

suwandichen13, Dec 8, 2013 IP