1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is traffic so hard to get?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dionne Taylor, Nov 11, 2013.

1. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your content need to be valuable and distinguish, and remember you are blogging to the people not google.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    homer7, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  2. Gtoo

Gtoo Banned

Best Answers:
    I really see them as hard work but there are not any easy lunches... ;) My advice would be to do something remarkable that really makes you stand out. Do something that really helps people. Something amazing will be talked about with just a little advertising. Make that quality count.

Gtoo, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  3. nekowai

nekowai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is an illusion, traffic is owned, yes you heard right, owned by the rich and powerful companies that dominate the web. Everything else are breadcrumbs left for the chickens...
    10 years ago, it was extremely easy to get traffic, today, is near to impossible. Go play the lotto, the odds are bigger :)

nekowai, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. metricbuzz

metricbuzz Member

Best Answers:
    Are you blogging on different topics or related niches?
    So far how many blogs you posted?

Some tips for quick traffic
    1. Inter link each blog, a perfect navigation to both users and web spiders
    2. Post regularly, When you post a blog in your website, sharing that in the social media at that time and wait for traffic is no good idea. Promote it for at least one week in different forms. Some of your followers may like videos to watch, infographics to see.. Present the content to each type of peoples.
    3. Do link building for each blogs, at least build 20 links/week for each blog. Go for quality.. Just take around 30 best websites like Reddit, Storify, Scoop it, Folkd, NewVine, Slideshare, Visual ly, Slideboom, Issuu and other websites. Post all your blogs regularly.
    4. Use wordpress, blogger, tumblr for content syndication
    Hope this helps!

metricbuzz, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  5. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, sometimes it is really hard to get quality traffic.
    According to my experience, in addition to organic traffic, good quality traffic you can get with social networking too.

Hybirid, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People are too focused on "getting traffic" and ignoring what it really takes to get traffic... You need to focus on content. Search Engines are geared on content. Second, focus on building engagement on the web site so you don't lose your traffic. You can easily pick up traffic from search engines, social media, videos etc. It hasn't been easier to do...legitimately!

....but you guys are looking for a one click solution to get 10k visitors a day on your saturated copycat website of unoriginal content........ those days are gone.

NetStar, May 7, 2017 IP
  7. si tutul

si tutul Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have 3 blog .But there age is 5 month but traffic very Low . My blog is Social bookmarking site list. And related online sport TV live streaming . Any body suggest me how can i get more traffic white hat or black hat technique. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

si tutul, May 7, 2017 IP
  8. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is not hard to get just because it goes hard on you. You make traffic hard to get. What have you been doing? Maybe you've been doing something wrong that needs immediate fixing. :)

Anitasol, May 9, 2017 IP
  9. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from this, what does your blog/website have to offer? You know, you can invite more traffic if you can offer more products/interesting and relevant content to them.

Anitasol, May 9, 2017 IP
  10. Simon Baker

Simon Baker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would assume that it might be easier to target the most unthinkable group of people there is. Given that we're at 7 billion and counting, any sort of demographic interest, no matter how extremely odd, if targetted properly will still amount to the thousands.

Simon Baker, May 9, 2017 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what marketing techniques have you tried already? How long is your content? Or. do you use visual aids or something?

Patricia Ann Lee, May 10, 2017 IP
  12. Ben McGallan

Ben McGallan Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm also curious how long are you blogging. Maybe you should work harder and try to find another creative way to create your content. Better titles, shorter/longer text. It's hard to say anything about your traffic problem.

Ben McGallan, May 10, 2017 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are absolutely right...
    People put a lot of pressure on themselves because they want the traffic now,
    even though their site has been online for a month, and they have not earned their way...

If you want that those buyers from google traffic, then breakout the check book if you
    have no skills; The last affiliate I spoke with said he spent $3k on Content/SEO/Marketing,
    and it took him nearly a year before he broke $500/mo, sorry, google does not give
    anything away anymore! If you do not have the highest quality Site, Content, Backlinks,
    then there is no real need in wasting your time even setting up a site...

Back in the day, people could always rely on this free promotion methods, not any more.
    You need high quality content that solves problems, high authority backlinks that will
    send high TF signals to your site telling google that you are worthy of being linked too....

you have two options:

1: Be skilled in content writing, obtaining high quality backlinks or
    2: Or hire people to do this stuff for you, however, the rules do not change,
    if you hire crap writers or get bad links, then your site will never get off the ground.....

relying on google to solely pay your bills is high risk...
    because google is taking out the trash every day, even if
    google gives you a penalty by mistake, then you are done....

dscurlock, May 11, 2017 IP
  14. Alexandre Laramée

Alexandre Laramée Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends how aggressive you are with your social media tactics, there is no 1+1=2 solution that will garantee results in x amount of time, just hard work and pushing your blog everywhere on social media as much you can everyday. Cross link from your blog to fb, twitter, etc..

Alexandre Laramée, May 11, 2017 IP
  15. devdev

devdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So I know this is actually a very old post but my two cents... focus on social media, especially Facebook, and your content. All it takes is one great article to go viral and you'll see readers trickle in. Give them options on your page to like your social media accounts, signup for a newsletter, etc...

And then share your own content, ask your friends to share it. All it takes is the right person to see it with some huge following and BOOM.

I know I keep making it sound easier than it is... but it actually sorta is. Like I said, keep writing, keep sharing, and eventually "the right people" will see it, love it, share it.

devdev, May 24, 2017 IP
  16. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I can feel your pain. I am having the same problem. I can't seem to get organic or social traffic to my site without paying. I think that nowadays getting traffic is harder than before. I also think in order for your business to make money you have to treat it like a real business. Meaning investing in your business. You can send cheap traffic to your site and over time things will get better organically.

FarrisFahad, May 30, 2017 IP
  17. BrendonAZ09

BrendonAZ09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    More articles = More Search terms = More Traffic.

I've been using Reddit for my new blog and i have gotten 10,000+ visitors in under a month.

BrendonAZ09, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  18. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having a clear & concise Marketing Plan and Social Media Strategy can really help you organize your goals and strategize your daily tasks.
    There is a ton of traffic available via social media to drive to your blog. It is a matter of making sure you are posting consistent, relevant, shareable content to the right audience.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  19. BaskingRock

BaskingRock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why is traffic so hard to get? Because everyone else wants it!

People hop onto the internet because they want something. It's our job as business owners to give them exactly what they want. This could be informational, transaction, or pure entertainment. Businesses are not usually doing this out of the kindness of their hearts but because they want to form a partnership in the user - they give you something, you give them something back; it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

There are a few ways that traffic get to a website to satisfy what they want, some of which include social media & search engines. These are two channels you can target with your blog.

The ways to increase traffic on your blog are mainly through SEO. Good SEO requires an all-encompassing strategy. It is not merely enough to find relevant keywords and hope for the best. Good SEO requires backlinking, keywords that are picked because of competition research & also how well they convert, and it requires a lot more like site speed, mobile friendliness, and more.

Social media is much the same. To gain traction on social media, you should be sharing content that your ideal audience wants to consume. This is valuable content to them. It is also becoming more difficult to reach audiences organically with social media, so a paid social media campaign might be something you should try. Essentially we are all fighting for space on the internet. The internet is a big place but it becomes much smaller once we are competing on page 1 of Google for a specific term.

BaskingRock, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  20. Victor Courville

Victor Courville Member

Best Answers:
    We all need traffic and leads, but the key is still building a list. But building relationship and brand is still top notch meaning. There are many people that just don't trust all the fake opportunities. Many people are always throwing links out there, and there is NO purpose. People are getting tired of all the fake postings about "get rich" schemes.

Victor Courville, Jun 3, 2017 IP