1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poll: What is Full Time Income to you?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Michael Levanduski, Dec 2, 2013.

?

What is Full Time Income

1. $15,000-$25,000 per year

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. $25,001-$35,000 per year

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. $35,001-$45,000 per year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Greater than $45,000 per year

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
    Quick poll, if you have the time. If I said, "You can make full time income doing XXX online" what number would you think of in your head (for how much money per year constitutes full time income)?

I know this will vary from country to country, so if you don't mind, please comment with your answer as well and include where you are from.

I really appreciate it!

Michael Levanduski, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  2. element01

element01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Full time hours (35+ per week) at minimum wage would earn you at least £12,000 (or $20k). I'd bump that up to the $25-35k bracket to make it more appealing.

I'm from the UK :)

element01, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It would have to be $45k+ per year. The thing is almost any online business requires a budget set aside for advertising. Anywhere from $500 to $1000 a month (obviously for some it's even more than that). Also, keep in mind that you will have to pay taxes, so a huge chunk of it will go to Uncle Sam (or whatever equivalent it is in other countries). Let's say you are making $50k a year. Subtract your advertising needs, website upkeep and taxes all you will be left with is about 30k.

qwikad.com, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For myself a web site would have to generate at least $75k. Even then I wouldn't leave my current position unless I had a web site that greatly exceeded my salary+perks AND my current job held me back from a great opportunity.

I once left a job to focus on a Web Site I created. The overhead and expense of being self employed drove me right back to corporate america. Without a group health insurance plan expect to pay $12k a year for at best mediocre coverage. When you factor in the web site and marketing overhead and my living expenses it became very clear I left prematurely.

The best thing you can do is to keep your job and work hard on your web sites in your spare time. Unless you're on track to make millions it's hardly worth the risk of financial burden by leaving your career.

NetStar, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  5. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Call me greedy.. but over $45k.

ChrisBa, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  6. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    i wish ,i could earn $500/month with my site.

dean1122, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  7. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Way more than 45k/year. I was making 30k/year 10 years ago :)

RosuC, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  8. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify, I am trying to get these numbers for marketing. I get that everyone 'wants' to make $75k+ per year or more. Maybe a better question would be, if I'm running an advertisement that says, "Learn how to make full time income from *activity*" what would be the minimum amount you would expect to be able to make following the guide.

I really appreciate all your answers so far!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Michael your question was what would constitute a full time income and I though we all gave you pretty reasonable explanations and numbers

Nobody can know for sure how much this or that program will pay to this or that person since it will all depend on the person's set of skills and abilities.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    qwikad.com, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  10. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree that people gave good explanations on why they put out their numbers, and I appreciate them. Sorry if I sounded like I didn't. All the answers are very helpful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm more interested in general 'full time' numbers over what they would want for themselves. I'm not going to be marketing my book to established Internet marketers, or those who are making $75k+ in their career. It is going to be marketed toward writers who are just getting started and/or stay at home moms who want to make legit money without having to leave the house.

I think I may end up changing the name of the product though because from what I'm seeing, saying 'make full time income' is much to vague for my needs. I'll have to think on this some more. :)

I really appreciate your comments though, they were very helpful!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  11. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You do Affiliate marketing? Can you help with some insights on Affiliate marketing. Please don't ask for a fee

faizzsheikh, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a subjective question. It's not the matter of what people *want* to make.. It's what people NEED to make. Personally I NEED to make $75k a year minimally to afford my expenses. With my current job I make more so I would never leave my job for a web site that makes just that. I consider full time income what I make right now.

This same question asked to a 14 year old in india may receive the answer "$5 a day".

NetStar, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  13. Az Wan

Az Wan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is my aim / goal to archive a full time income with IM.
    need to work hard now. and take more action.
    just a new guy :D

Az Wan, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  14. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn´t quit my job even if I make a full time living with affiliate marketing but I will work half day and still have health insurance and the money i make in affiliate marketing I would invested in properties so in the future I can rent them.

Well, that´s my plan =)

azulita, Dec 4, 2013 IP