1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do after your website is revoked from Google Penalty.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manish_khanna, Dec 2, 2013.

Hello Friends

I am looking for professional advise. Website was launched in 2006 and was ranked Number #1 for top keywords. Was Ranked ranked in page 1 in top 3 ranks from 2009 till 28th Sep 2012. ( Penguin Update ). Yes we got Penalized pretty hard, dropped 140+ keywords from top 3 ranks.

To reach up to these ranking I listed to many people, In early days we did Article submission and periodically added High PR Blogs. Later Other Joined and bad advises and bad suggestions came along for AMR, BMR, Spinning and HIGH PR. I think we did almost every crime, As I was not a SEO, didnt knew It was wrong. Even though I had a good website, cause of BAD SEO, I lost most of the rankings.I was naive to think that I am talking to professionals and I should trust them, Beside Google was awarding every wrong move.

Obviously after you go to prison then you find the time to read Bible and think about GOD. So I read the Google Guide Lines, Watched every video posted by Matt Cutt and Months of research. I was able to get the Penalty Revoked. Cleaning the Link Profile and Creating the Disavow Report. Actually taught me what a mess we created. This was couple of months ago.

Now my website still doesn't rank for MAJOR keyword. But for some long tail keywords you may see us in 8th Page.

I do not wish to do any SEO and only want to contribute with the quality content to my industry. Obviously things will take a long time to recover. In the mean time what are the Right Things I should do that should help.

Any SEO I meet wants to do exotically the same things which got me Penalised in first place, add articles on multiple sites, stuff keywords in anchor text , get high pr blog comments.

Sometime I think I may be over paranoid, But knowing the guidelines now and how Google thinks. My Questions is WHAT IS RIGHT WAY TO DO SEO, THAT WORKS ?

Solved! View solution.
    manish_khanna, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  2. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Manish,

I am sorry that you had that experience, but don't blame your former SEOs too harshly: building links was a reasonable strategy at the time, and you had a good run, there is nothing to complain about.

The best strategy for you is to look deeply into Content Marketing. Is is the new whitehat SEO. Read about it here:
    http://forums.seochat.com/content-writing-marketing-114/content-marketing-fundamentals-470077.html

Briefly, strive to create viral content and then promote it vigorously to the right audience via social media and advertising. That will increase your site s authority and will bring you natural links. But there is a lot more to this.

I hope this helps.

PhilipSEO, Dec 2, 2013 IP
    lesterj likes this.
  3. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Philip .. I do not blame anyone , I will double check the link

manish_khanna, Dec 2, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO likes this.
  4. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Philip is exactly right. Create interesting, remarkable, original content. Then use social to build up an audience. You can do guest blogging to build the audience. Don't do guest blogging to get links, that could hurt you, but to do guest blogging to let others know about you and your site to build your audience, is beneficial and completely within the guidelines of every search engine.

lesterj, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  5. dumitrumidon

dumitrumidon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you say that your website was revoked from Google Penalty?

dumitrumidon, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  6. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    @dumitrumidon After I Submit a Request for Reconsideration I received a email back from Google in webmaster tools, says your penalty have been revoked.
    I think that is clear enough. :)

manish_khanna, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  7. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Philip

Social media to get traction and build audience is not as simple as it sounds in my Industry. my website is www.business2sell.com.au . Buying and selling business does not apply to ordinary people, thought creating something that is VIRAL is highly unlikely... to make such a video need big bucks

I agree regarding guest blogging is good Idea, A BIG NO No to LINK BUILDING, specially with anchor text.
    We are doing some of it and we are already have industry people mentioning on their websites that they do advertise on Business2Sell.
    It is a reputed brand now, In Australia.

But how do I regain my rankings in the right way without using any link building , anchor text usage etc.
    Still looking for answers ? I guess there is no Magic Wand , It will all be settled in time.

thanks for your messages. If get in any new ideas please share.
    I have a hunch what is working, but will share only if this works.

regards

Manish

Previously, the easiest way to get rankings was by link building with anchor texts. Today, you still need links, nothing will happen without them. But they need to be legitimate links, and they should not abuse any keywords, so how do you get rankings for keywords? That is actually an excellent question.

You need a combination of two things: onsite optimization and links.

First, put your keywords in your title tags and your content and learn all the other things you need to optimize on your site. I have taken a quick look and your onsite SEO can be sharpened a lot. See this article, it will help:
    http://forums.seochat.com/search-en...ization-all-you-wanted-know-about-470535.html

Create viral content to attract links.

About guest blogging: use relevant blogs only, and do NOT link with keywords and do NOT link to your home page. Instead, link to the about page, your bio or team page on your site, or other information pages. You will hear different opinions about this, but my advice is, do not link to the home page at all and do not use any keywords, only your brand. And don not overdo it, you can do like one or two high quality guest blogs per month, it can go a long way.

Links are for link juice and brand value, not for keywords. It doesnt matter that much through which pages link juice is flowing into your site. Link to information pages, but architect the flow of link juice to your commercial pages and your home page, which are optimized for your keywords. Your main keywords should go on your home page.

There is another thing, logically separate from SEO: CRO, or conversion rate optimization. This means changing your design and content to increase conversions. Research this topic. Your site is not well optimized in this way, if you do it right, I guarantee you can increase your conversion rate hugely.

Lastly, if you create unique valuable relevant content, such for example as in depth valuable information on how to successfully buy and sell businesses in various parts of Australia, then social media marketing will work very well for promoting it. No need to worry much about Facebook, your networks are LinkedIn, Twitter, and other business networks, including Australian business forums.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    PhilipSEO, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    manish_khanna likes this.
  9. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Philip
    I have very similar idea what things have come to, thanks for confirming this.
    I will read these articles and may ask for your expert advise in near future.

thanks heaps again.

PhilipSEO likes this.