1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to increase my earnings after what I've done so far

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by evry1falls, Nov 22, 2013.

Here is what I have done so far :
    - I write about Programming Languages (Visual Basic)
    - I have 75 posts in my blog
    - My blog (@ Blogspot.com) is 4 years old .
    - I rank in Google search in the the first 4 results for the keyword that I'm targeting.
    - I used AdSense in my blog 3 years ago, but I did not pay much attention because I'm a freelancer and I kinda did not have the time.
    - I searched for a high competition Keyword with high CPC that matches my blog goal [Visual Basic Online Course], I included it in all my blog posts, I get average 90 visitors daily (some from google search and some from facebook).
    - My current CPC is 0.10$, I get less than 0.50$ a day for 5 clicks average.
    - My posts are good and unique.

What do you think I should be doing to increase my CPC and clicks ... Here is my blog (vb6access2003.blogspot.com)

Thank you in advance.

evry1falls, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  2. babsomotden

babsomotden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    go dot com. That's my advice.

babsomotden, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  3. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    It needs to be redone. The navigation is perplexing, a lot of your main content is in English while a lot of your lesson descriptions etc. are in Arabic (possibly okay if your target audience speaks both), your target keywords are completely spammed (which is probably why you have a pagerank of 0), the URL is not convincing ("VB 6 access" doesn't make a lot of sense here, 2003 was 10 years ago, it's a free blogspot page...).

I apologize if this is offensive criticism. It was not my intention.
    Basically:
    1. design
    2. white hat SEO
    3. useful content

aidanriley629, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  4. eek2121

eek2121 Member

Best Answers:
    1) Pick a language. Arabic, English, it doesn't matter. That doesn't mean you can't have Arabic, it just means that you need an english version and an arabic version.
    2) Stop spamming/targeting keywords. I too have a programming blog, mine is a year old, gets more hits than you, I write less than 5 posts a month, and I have half the posts you do. Stop trying to cheat the system. If you focus on writing content that your users find useful, the traffic and the money will come.
    3) Your design reminds me of a website from the 90s. The images take several seconds to load on a decent connection, god help the folks on a crappy connection. You need simple navigation and a clean layout (preferably without a background image.)
    4) You link to pirated content. Adsense is going to slap the banhammer on you sooner or later.
    5) You don't have a privacy policy, Adsense is going to slap the banhammer on you sooner or later.

If you get banned from adsense, you'll be screwing yourself over. You need to comply with adsense's policy guidelines ASAP. I'm going to make a guess and say that you haven't actually gotten paid yet...

eek2121, Nov 23, 2013 IP
    aidanriley629 likes this.
  5. 000karim

000karim Active Member

Best Answers:

You said it all, to OP even if you're ranked and got unique content it dosnt mean youll earn from adsense
    work on your design, get a paid domain it will help

000karim, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  6. DenisaFrisk

DenisaFrisk Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing that helped me a lot, is a Wordpress and useful Wordpress plugins.

DenisaFrisk, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  7. herryicm

herryicm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am using wordpress platform for all my websites but same low earning issue with my sites. One domain with .com and other with .net but PR 1
    I am also waiting for some effective methods to increase my online adsense income.

herryicm, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  8. evry1falls

evry1falls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was not offensive at all, thank you for honesty .... You said No# 3 Useful content ... What do you mean ? Does my content seems useless to you ? ... Please tell me why do you think so ?
    I agree with all above except the Useful content thing ... Please tell me more about it.

Thank you again ....

evry1falls, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  9. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advise .... I'm not into AdSense so that much, but I understood a lot from what you said more than any experience I've gained. My most earnings from Internet generally is from working as a programmer, AdSense is just a side source, I got paid twice in 2 years.
    What do you mean "Pirated content" ?? please explain more ...

Thank you, that was so helpful for me ...

10. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    I will go for it, when I learn to get things done correctly, as you can see from others replies, I barely know how to use AdSense. Thank you though for your advise.

11. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is an option, sure, but let me first fix my base knowledge and I will give it a try ... Thank you for you comment.

12. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    I have another blog talking about .Net, I aimed for the same keywords as you stated above (Is a wrong thing to do), but I did it anyway ... Would you please review it too if possible ... ?
    if so, then the link is (adonetaccess2003.blogspot.com)
    if not, then I will apply the same thing you all said to this one too ...

Thank you in advance .

13. eek2121

eek2121 Member

Best Answers:
    Visual Studio (any version) and Visual Basic (The version you have linked on your site) are both pieces of copyrighted software. You cannot link to copyrighted content if you wish to use adsense unless you have permission from the copyright holders (i.e. if microsoft gave you written permission to distribute their software.) Therefore, you stand a very GOOD chance of not even making your first payment. Even if you do, it won't be very long before you get banned, and once that happens, you can say goodbye to adsense...forever more than likely.

eek2121, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  14. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    I'm not selling Visual Studio or Visual Basic, I'm just writing about Programming in Visual Basic ... Is this illegal ?

evry1falls, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  15. keneivor

keneivor Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on QUALITY not on earnings :) Earnings will automatically follow

Target not on a single keyword but multiple and have regular updates !

All the best ;)

keneivor, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  16. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I ran a programming blog I had a lot of success with using dzone.com for promotion. I'd find questions on Q&A sites that were answered briefly and then write more in-depth articles about them. Once I had a decent article I'd submit to dzone which would bring me traffic immediately. Submitting garbage content there doesn't work well though. You also have to submit things other than you're content to keep your rep up.

freelancewebaz, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  17. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    OK, what I understood from you guys is :
    1) Unique design
    2) Domain
    3) Original useful contents
    4) Targeting keywords
    ........ Is there anything else ?
    Now, how do I target Keywords, considering that my methods is not earning me anything!
    any advise ?

evry1falls, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  18. Shakas

Shakas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from all previous users said;
    Don't also forget that programmers seeking for answers/content/responses to specific problems KNOW ads and know what they want. So they are unlike to click on ads. So with that audience a lower CTR is expected regardless how good is ad placement.

Shakas, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  19. evry1falls

Best Answers:
    This is an excellent notice "Shakas" ... Thank you.
    Now, I won't be worried about CTR because in my case, that would be normal ... Thank you again .

evry1falls, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  20. Shakas

Shakas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For you main audience that's probably true, but for examples like:
    Vbasic for newbies
    how to read/write file in VB
    etc etc

in those specific entry-level posts I'd adapt them so the ads would be in a more "user-friendly-clicable postition" :) It's easier to get newbies to click on ads than programmers.

Shakas, Dec 2, 2013 IP