1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking For Vegetarian/Vegan Writer

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by oo87, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have a new meat-free blog I am just starting to fill with content. I am looking for another writer who is interested in doing an occasional guest post, maybe one or two times a month. Obviously, this isn't a major cash cow or income maker, but it might be a nice way to get some fresh sample links.

Here are my requirements:

• You MUST be Vegetarian or Vegan, or have been for a decent amount of time in the past. I am looking for someone who can speak about issues or interests of the lifestyle from a first-person perspective.
    • You MUST have excellent English. I don't care if you're a native speaker or not. But you should know whether your English comes across as if you are, and that is all that matters. If you aren't fluent, don't contact me.
    • You MUST be able to come up with your own pitch. I don't plan on telling you what to write. You will need to clear the topic with me just in case something else is being published on the subject.
    • You MUST do your research. Please don't post something if you aren't sure about it. We both have reputations to maintain.
    Word count is between 300 - 1000 words a piece, pay is $0.02 per word plus a byline with contact information. If you have a blog and relevant links to the content you are writing about you are welcome to include them in your posts.

oo87, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  2. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm interested in writing something for your blog. I'm not a vegan/vegetarian, but my wife was for quite some time so I know a fair amount about it.

Is that an option?

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  3. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the perspective of a non-Veggie living with a Veggie could be very valuable for a post, yes. I am not sure how that would translate to multiple posts, though I am open to suggestions. Go ahead and send me a PM with some samples (I know you can write from seeing you on the board, but would love to see your usual tone).

oo87, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  4. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How ironic is that? I'd grab the opportunity! My both parents are vegetarians, and I am 100% carnivorous. I'll be the first in line to write about juicy beefsteaks and spicy sausages:D The only time I tried to convert myself ended up with a gluttonous orgy. still ashamed of that.
    Wishing you the best of luck and thanks again for the good advice)))

Vlasic, Aug 20, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and oo87 like this.
  5. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Found someone for now. I will open this up again if I need someone else in the coming months. Thanks!

oo87, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  6. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi!

My name is Vera and I am a vegan. I also have a blog, in Portuguese, about vegetarian world food. I write about travelling and sustainable eating and cooking. I am bilingual and would love to do a guest post on your blog in exchange for a link and small bio. Let me know! I have an article ready about Koshary, which is a vegan dish traditional to Egypt.

Cheers!

Vera, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  7. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can write something about Vegan restaurants and life in California if that would help you.

dvduval, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  8. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I ate a salad in 1992. Does that count?

Graphicsfx, Nov 1, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  9. wiicker95

wiicker95 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have a friend who beat cancer by going veggie. A pescetarian, more precisely. He wasn't the kind of a guy who wanted to preserve nature just by not eating meat, he was forced to.

He was a doctor, so by definition he knew a lot of stuff about health and nutrition. His father was into medicine as well (traditional), he convinced him to become a doctor. He had this box full of writings and recipes for all sorts diseases, and apparently it did work. Although I wasn't really convinced, people, and his son, have been repeatedly telling me that his stuff did work and how amazed they are. He had this shack by his house where he cooked balms, potions and what not, and he know exactly where and which plant to look for.

One day, his son was diagnosed with brain cancer. He said he didn't feel any pain, only dizziness and imbalance from time to time. He figured that he had nothing to lose, he didn't have a wife and a family, so he isolated himself from the rest of the world. His father taught him everything he knew about traditional medicine and since he liked fish and fishing very much (we've been fishing together for years, by the way), he decided to spend the rest of his life by the river, feeding off fish he had caught and endemic plants and mushrooms. But then he realized that his health was improving day by day, and his dizziness disappeared totally.

After spending six years in isolation, the brain tumor he had almost completely disappeared, so he decided to come back, but also to spend every weekend and vacation at his old spot by the river, fishing and camping. He decided not to consume animal products (except for fish) ever again. He told me once, over a cup of coffee, that mosquitoes didn't let his cancer metastasize, but they were a pain in ass all the way. And of course, he recommends a healthy plant-based diet to all his friends and patients.

wiicker95, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  10. andythewriter

andythewriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey i am pure Vegetarian,since birth and got a lot to write on any subject for that matter.
    Do PM me if i can be of any help.

Looking forward to hear from you positively.

Thanks!

Andy

andythewriter, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  11. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am sorry, but there is ZERO reason people should still be bumping this or contacting me. The date on this is incredibly old, and digging up old posts is bad for the writers on this forum. Please stop.

oo87, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  12. meday

meday Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, I realise this is old and you have found someone. But I have been a vegan for 20 years and would be willing to write articles for free for the right sort of vegan blog. If you are interested please contact me on . Thanks.

meday, Dec 3, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.