1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doing SEO and suddenly site dropped out of SERPs

Discussion in 'SEO' started by PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale, Nov 17, 2013.

I never experienced something like this before. I used to host big sites and once in the while I would receive a message in web master tools saying something like "manual action taken against one or all pages" etc... This time, suddenly all the pages were dropped out, all at once. No message in webmaster tools about any kind of spam or actions taken against the domain. Site just simply not showing up anywhere in Google. When I go to search and type site:domain.com, all the pages show up, so site is not banned. No recent changes done to the site. Just never experienced anything like that. Anyone having idea what it is?

2. jawadniazi

jawadniazi Member

Best Answers:
    As per my knowledge this is known as sandbox ... Google will place site in some what called sandbox. You can file a review in google webmaster and then within the period of 1 month or so .. you will be again back to position if there is nothing on your side wrong .........

jawadniazi, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  3. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you should continue what you started 5 days ago :) Cheers @Lloyd Banks :)

RosuC, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  4. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    The effect that became called the "sandbox" was happening in 2005 and the effect went away well over a year ago.

sisatel, Nov 28, 2013 IP
    RosuC likes this.
  5. jawadniazi

jawadniazi Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for updating .... I wasn't aware that sandbox is no more there

jawadniazi, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  6. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:
    It was not a brand new site, so sandbox is not the issue. Reporting to Google, you suggesting that I should have Google manually look at my site and ban me forever? Great suggestion!!!

RosuC likes this.
  7. jawadniazi

jawadniazi Member

Best Answers:
    @Lloyd Banks , If you had policy voilations then you must be worried about that reviewing manually will penalize you... If you are in policy voilations then make necessary amendments and then give for manual review as Google System is going towards perfection and you are required to abide by their policies ... If you want to make something in Google then you must adhere to the policies. Rest is all upto you ....

jawadniazi, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  8. Ehteshamshaikh

Ehteshamshaikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Recently many site are hit by latest update from Google So I suggest you to check your site Backlinks manually and send a reconsideration request to Google. I think they will let you know the problem with your site.

Ehteshamshaikh, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  9. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    My today suggestion is to take a day off - is Thanksgiving Day and sometimes we do need a rest all of us :)

RosuC, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  10. seoforce85

seoforce85 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It must be a Google Hit.

seoforce85, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  11. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    You kidding me, right? Isn't it obvious about violations bullshit??? Come on man. Real life. F**k policies when people compete for millions. They will do anything to back stab their competitors who takes their bread away. Please be realistic about what you are saying bro. Google's perfect world, quality and organic search results are contradictory, think about it... You can have perfect site, who is going to visit it??? Let's say you sell potatoes on the internet, you expect someone to rave about your f** potatoes and give you links, please.... or maybe you know the formula better than the rest of the world, why don't you share... bottom line, once site is under manual ban - f** it, build 1000 more.... as far as on page quality and customer satisfaction, this is my #1 priority, I write perfect and informative content myself, right to the point about what I sell, I program my sites up to standards of today's security, I make sure that each and every customer is satisfied, I pick up the phone, I pack the orders, I work 16 hours days, every damn day, I am graphics designer, DBA, network admin, content writer, SEO and programmer all at once so I don't have to hire idiots (99% of freelancers)... f*** Google or anybody who is trying to dictate...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  12. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Another one... Are you f** kidding me, do you even realize what you talking about, dude how the f** can you go through even 10,000 links manually, ok what do you mean "check"??? What the f** are you trying to say bro???

13. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Sandbox never existed, it was the time taken to propagate through all the Google servers, it's still there, did not change. You can use some tricks to make it index faster etc.... but as far as sandbox it will always there unless some kind of change happens in the computer world and indexing becomes even faster...

14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may very well be the only one aside from myself who was ever willing to state that around here. I have been trying to explain that for years.

Needless to say, I concur entirely.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  15. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

Best Answers:
    Thank you! People believe in some kind of "sandbox mythology"... hey what if I create digital "church-religion", wonder how many will "follow"....

16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey sorry.. I didn't read the top of this thread. I largely caught the one I responded to and assumed you were dispelling some sorta nonsense lol..

What do you inherently do SEO wise? Without much info its hard to guess but if you have the where- with-all to think about stuff like the sandbox it could be something a bit more subtle like page sculpting related for instance.

That, and I have a few clients with funny webmaster tool stuff going on but no visible issues ranking wise. If it ain't actually broke I tend to not futz with it.

Happy to look into it though. The only thing amusing about work is the stuff you don't fully understand ;)

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 7, 2013 IP