1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Relevance of do follow and no follow links post-panda?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by theLittledreamer, Nov 21, 2013.

Link building continues to be an excellent way of bringing in new visitors. However, does do follow and no follow really play a big role in regards to SEO post panda?

theLittledreamer, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never believed that dofollow vs nofollow was that important, and especially now with all the panda updates. Yes before all the updates it was easier to spam and not get caught, so naturally everyone was running after the dofollow links. I wasn't so obsessed so when I did find nofollow links that where from authority sites/blogs I added them anyway. My experience showed it was worth.

This is still the case after all the updates. As an example, nofollow comments from authority sites are working great today.

iodalg, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  3. theLittledreamer

theLittledreamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply :) I feel it's quite hard getting quality do follow back links. The best way is probably by taking full advantage of guest posting on a regular basis along with a select few social media sites and so forth

theLittledreamer, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  4. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @theLittledreamer - Perhaps the first thing to understand is that, from a user's point of view, there is no difference between dofollow and nofollow links. All they see is a clickable text or image that may or may not be of interest to them.

As for search engines, they read nofollow links differently, so there is no best practice there. It depends on how much you're willing to adhere to Google's Guidelines for Webmasters or if you want to do things your way without caring too much for Google's traffic. Nofollow links still send you user traffic and count as backlinks for Moz's rankings and MajesticSEO. Also, from a strictly conversion rate point of view, they're just as effective.

luanatf, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Iulia Lacriceanu likes this.
  5. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google seems to be going towards branding... So having 20% of your links with a keyword and the rest generic or branded like real links would be seems more important. Also, nofollow links seem to work at brand recognition. It isn't so much about what they say about you now as it is that they are talking about you. Are you trending or floundering?

V_RocKs, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  6. irfan.nezami

irfan.nezami Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    both are good , no-follow giving direct traffic, but do-follow gives from search engine.

irfan.nezami, Nov 27, 2013 IP