1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where there any recent changes in Googles algorithms?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Az Tek, Nov 22, 2013.

About a month ago one of my sites was receiving a little bit of Google traffic. Not a lot but about 30-100 hits a day. Then one day my site just disappeared from Google altogether. My listing on the first page was always between the first and fourth listing. Once that happened I couldn't even find my site in Google unless I searched the site via "site:mysitehere.com".

Then last week my site reappeared in Google. (I've made no changes to the site) I started getting Google visitors again. My traffic started rolling back in at about an hour past midnight. This time I was getting hits for 10 or 15 new key phrases I hadn't got prior.

Also though it is important to note (and i am very curious as to why) that for the first two days I started receiving traffic again I was unable to find my self in Google still. I was seeing what my visitors were typing to get to my site via analytics but when I searched those key words and phrases my self I could not find my site in Google. I searched Google in 6 different browsers, on 3 different connections, and 2 different ISP's. 2 days later I was able to search the key phrases and see my self again.

Anyway have any ideas about why I was able to get my traffic back and as to why I couldn't initially see my self in Google for what others were typing to find me? Thanks in advance!

Az Tek, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  2. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Did you implement any radical changes to your site? I'm asking because that could results in a temporary rankings drop as Google needed some time to reevaluate your site.

If you didn't, this sudden rankings drop could be the result of some update of Google's algo.

By the way, you can check your site positions with any page ranking software, and see when 'the weather' is changing on Google here.

Kianu42, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  3. sarah12

sarah12 Member

Best Answers:
    "Google weather is changing" can u explain this ?

sarah12, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  4. jawadniazi

jawadniazi Member

Best Answers:
    If the drop down in visitor was at the start of October then it is due to the hummingbird release by the Google . One of my site also faced the same problem during the first week of october.
    Regarding your question of not seeing your site but getting visitors , I would like to say that check from which countries you are getting visitors ... then search in that specific Country Google search ... sometimes we are getting good in google.in or google.com.pk but not in Google.com ... I think you got my point ....

Google Weather is google alogritham change affecting different keywords on that day ..... This is known as Google weather by the Search Engine researchers you can check how much change in Google Search engine is expected in that day or happened in previous days.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    jawadniazi, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Kianu42 likes this.
  5. Az Tek

Az Tek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input. Must have been what it was.

Az Tek, Dec 4, 2013 IP