1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google has not crawled properly

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by avanthika, Nov 26, 2013.

Hello, i'm having two eCommerce websites. one website have sitemap.xml. gz has placed in sitemap diectory. it is crawling properly
    as same as i prepared my another's sitemap like sitemap.xml.zip in sitemap directory. second one is not crawling properly
    why google showing difference to gz and zip?

avanthika, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  2. NadaBolt

NadaBolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please use gzip to compress your Sitemaps.
    .gz version is widely used compression format for sitemaps.
    .zip version is also acceptable but sometime it is error-prone and if it is not compressed properly, the crawlers can not uncompress it. You can check your sitemap and compress it again and upload.

Also make sure your sitemap contains not more than 50K URLs and must not be larger than 50MB when uncompressed.

NadaBolt, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  3. avanthika

avanthika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes thank you for your valuable suggestion NadaBolt. I will follow. once upload that file in my server, after that shall i need to submit sitemap.xml in G webmaster Tools again?

4. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    @avanthika i have a doubt here, why should you use different format in xml for submission, when default .xml format works fine, is thr any specific reason for it. If possible please provide more information.

jopsons, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  5. avanthika

avanthika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes jopsons your doubt is good. even i also got the same doubt when i saw my website. But the thing is , by putting zip format of sitmap because of some security purpose and not to see competitors or not to copy site map structure. this is just my opinion only not that much sure

6. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @avanthika I too had the same doubt what @jopsons had between if you want to hide your sitemap from public view you can just rename the file instead of sitemap.xml to new name which can't be judged moreover if you do this kind of stuff sometimes it may show you error so it's just cause an headache

shaamblaze, Nov 26, 2013 IP