1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for writer

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Popularity Rank, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Keyboard-Monkey

Keyboard-Monkey Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Even if it only took 15 minutes per article, who would write for $8 an hour? There are unskilled teenagers at my local McDonalds making $8.50 an hour. I didn't spend 4 years earning my Bachelor's Degree and the last 10 years learning to write exceptionally well to make $8 an hour. I think you are right. Something is wrong with DP.

Keyboard-Monkey, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro and ryan_uk like this.
  2. isaa

isaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think you need to rephrase your thread title. It's not a writer that you're looking for.

isaa, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  3. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    normally that kind of work would cost around $30-$50... ok, for dp maybe $15-$20 but for $2 you can get some crappy google translate, or a spined article from some kid...:) lol

bobestes, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  4. Maji92

Maji92 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,
    I'm new but i have been watching DP for like 2-3 weeks and i know that 2$ for that kind of work is BS but if you make it like 5-6$ i can RETIPE some things for you and make them UNIQUE looking :)
    If you are interested for custom content mesage me.
    I'm free on work days for like 3-6 h a day and i'm looking for some way to make some extra cash :)

Maji92, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  5. xms

xms Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh yeah, I can write your texts in Finnish.

xms, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  6. Keyboard-Monkey

Keyboard-Monkey Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Perhaps you should learn to spell RETYPE before you start writing for money.

-----------------------------------------

This post that I have quoted is exactly why those of us who are actually professionals in the field of writing are finding it harder and harder to get decent pay for our quality work. Here is some information for any potential clients who might be browsing this thread.

There are basically THREE TYPES of Writers that are out there (and here) looking for work. Here are some ways to recognize each type, and decide what kind of pay is appropriate for them.

Type One: The Amateur (Who should probably choose a different occupation).
    Appropriate Pay Rate: Less than $0.01 per word
    Pay Rate Per 100 Words: $0.25 to $0.75
    Time to Write a 500 Word Article: 15 - 30 Minutes
    What Google Thinks of Articles by Them: Garbage

• They make grammar or spelling mistakes on nearly ever post they make.
    • They are willing to write for just about any price and it shows in the quality of their writing.
    • They do not have a website or samples of their work, and have likely not ever been published.
    • They write articles using first-person (I, me, my) and don't know the difference between first, second and third person style.
    • They exist almost exclusively on places like DP where the poor quality is outmatched only by the ridiculous pay.
    • English is not their first language and their copy reads like Google tried to translate something to English.
    • They know nothing about SEO and usually piss Google off with keyword stuffing.

Type Two: The Beginner
    Appropriate Pay Rate: $0.01 to $0.02 per word.
    Pay Rate Per 100 Words: $1 to $2
    Time to Write a 500 Word Article: 20-40 Minutes
    What Google Thinks of Articles by Them: Okay, but nothing special

• They make a few grammar mistakes and have trouble with words that are commonly misspelled.
    • They are wiling to write for low pay as long as the work is in bulk.
    • They have very few samples of past work, and no website. They might have a free website as a portfolio.
    • They write repetitive, boring articles that meander around the topic like a car with no driver.
    • They have tried writing for other sites like Odesk, Zerys or Demand Studios but the quality of their writing wasn't good enough.
    • They do very little research on the topic and often end up copying other articles' structure so exactly that you can tell it is a rewrite from another source.
    • English is not their first language or it is their first language and they had trouble with grammar courses in school.
    • They know what SEO is but have to be told exactly how many instances of a keyword per 100 words because they understand very little about the process.
    • They do almost no revision when they are done.

Type Three: The Professional
    Appropriate Pay Rate: $0.02 to $0.05 per word (Higher for technical writing)
    Pay Rate Per 100 Words: $2 to $5
    Time to Write a 500 Word Article: 1 to 1 1/2 Hours
    What Google Thinks of Articles by Them: Google loves them

• They rarely make a grammar mistake, know how to use semicolons and colons, spell every word correctly on every article.
    • They refuse to work for low wages and know they can get at least 2 cents a word from any of the content mills out there.
    • They have their own website with portfolio, hundreds or thousands of links to past published work and use social media to connect with clients.
    • They write highly entertaining articles that are easy to read, compelling, interesting and informative.
    • They do a great deal of research before and during the writing process and usually use between 3 and 10 sources to write an article.
    • English is not only their first language, they often have a degree in journalism, communications or English as well.
    • They are experts in SEO and can put in a keyword the exact number of times it is needed as well as related keywords so that the article has a better chance of ranking well.
    • They comb through every article they write carefully looking for mistakes or anything that could be improved, because it is their reputation on the line.
    FOR WRITERS: Decide what kind of writer you are and stick to your rate. Somehow we have to get the message to clients that if they want high-quality writing, they are going to have to pay a decent price for it.

FOR CLIENTS: If you want your website to be in no danger of ever getting deindexed for low quality content, and you want people that visit your site to actually enjoy and learn from what they are reading, consider hiring a professional at a decent rate.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Keyboard-Monkey, Nov 24, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro, ryan_uk and sarahk like this.
  7. Rajeevkumar

Rajeevkumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is too low and you are right!

The spammers as always give more limelight to attract people. I am thinking 30 min is not enough to do full research for a good unqiue content. Also if we write full article consist of 450+ words with no error either way of grammars or so... it will take few hours to complete or even more.

Rajeevkumar, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  8. Channing

Channing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Forget monthly payments, guys. You'll work yourself dead for this guy and he can take his time paying you or not at all and what can you do about it?

Channing, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  9. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I always prefer to be paid upfront on a weekly basis. Many of my clients that want $500 worth of articles written over the space of a month will pay me $125 a week upfront. It keeps me on schedule or their protection and keeps me getting paid for the work I do for my own protection. The vast majority of my clients pay me the entire amount of upfront.

I would never write 450 words for $2 and the only people that would do so aren't living in North America so the grammar is always going to be crap.

V_RocKs, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  10. pictureboarduk

pictureboarduk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice to see us folks offering writing services fighting back!

All these 100000000 word articles for $1 threads are just bulls*it.

pictureboarduk, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro and Neeni86 like this.
  11. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yea, writers like me (with my current situation), but even then if we are in need of the money we at least want to be paid upon completion of each order. Do you seriously think that writers that really need the money want to wait a week or two or a month to be paid for articles when someone else could be paying upon completion? Especially at the low rate of $2 per 400+ words??

He should seriously reconsider his payment time frame, and if he cant do that then he needs to rack up some more money before trying to take advantage of those of us who are really in need of the cash. Thanksgiving, and Christmas are coming up...who really wants to wait to be paid a month??..Pssh..not me, and I'm sure there are others who agree! Lol!

Neeni86, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  12. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay..I agreed with you for getting paid upfront...that's always a benefit. Depending upon the client I personally use my own judgement on whether or not they should pay upfront. I have in fact taken some risks and let the client pay me upon completion, and this is generally only when work is scarce. BUT, there are times like now. I'm a newly single mother and I am trying to make all of the money that I can. I need to have gas in my car, feed the kids, etc. Currently food isn't an issue lol, but hey in times of desperation and if I absolutely MUST, I would, and I have in the past written articles for $2 per 400 words. Now, mind you, I don't always do this. It just depends. In the case that this guy is only wanting to pay weekly or monthly? NO.

Oh yea, and btw, I live in North America :)

I'm not totally defending this guy. I believe he should be paying more. I'm just stating the facts that depending on someone's personal situation, they would take up orders for this rate if it means gas in their car and some electric bills getting paid! :)

Neeni86, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  13. fatmanonline

fatmanonline Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I write for a couple of blogs of clients on a daily basis, but the price should be $2.5 per article atleast, let me know. Please pm with niche and other details if any.

fatmanonline, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  14. Rajeevkumar

Rajeevkumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's More than that! He think the world is fool and they guy is from a planet of genius. (If i have broken the forum rule?)

Rajeevkumar, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  15. AAKASH BHANDARO

AAKASH BHANDARO Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent pm, please check if interested we can have a chat on gmail.
    My id is .

AAKASH BHANDARO, Dec 1, 2013 IP