1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do video gaming sites make money?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dcristo, Nov 26, 2013.

Do any of you guys run video gaming sites? I know the niche is a popular one so getting traffic should be easy enough. But I am more worried about monetizing such a site. Outside of adsense/amazon how would you monetize the traffic? Is it worth the effort?

dcristo, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are networks such as advertiseyourgame.com that you can use to make money. Bit better range of ads/banners etc than adsense I've found. :)

mikey1090, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  3. jeanverti

jeanverti Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi, you could advertise software/games from an affiliate programs that pays for every install.
    Suppose you have a main home page, and then the page where you could play your flash online game.
    On the game page, you could advertise another game related to it or you could advertise Adobe's flash.
    Every time a user download and install Flash the owner will be paid 1.25usd.
    This is call PPI (Pay per install) as opposed to PPC (Pay per click). Depending on where you place your banner for flash it can be much more advantageous than because PPC will bring much lower profit.

most of game website I know advertise on PPI, contact me if you want more info.

jeanverti, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  4. efansite

efansite Member

Best Answers:
    No, video game sites do not make money. That is why GameSpot is a non-profit, and IGN pays their employees peanuts.

edit: Please note sarcasm.

efansite, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do video game sites make money?

That's like, Do social networking sites make money?
    Some make Billions... some make millions... some make enough to earn a income.. some make just a little bit... some make nothing... some costs others!

NetStar, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  6. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Once you have established your video game website.
    you can use Google's adsense or can apply for membership with affiliate marketing programs or some PPC program depending on your website's content.

dean1122, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  7. jeanverti

jeanverti Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The trick is to blend paid games with free games, then form what I see with our affiliates, there's different type of games as well: -online flash
    -Download games

Google adsens is not so good for gaming website, because their targeting isn't great when they lack info on the visitor, instead you can choose to advertise software/games on your left/right sidebar, or on the games details page as well, that will work better.
    From my experience I never saw anybody making serious money with adsense only on gaming or movie website.
    but correct me if I'm wrong..

jeanverti, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  8. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends by many things. For example, if you reach tons of readers you can make some profits, however you have lot of competitors in that niche

tbtoyl, Nov 29, 2013 IP