1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on a webhosting service

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by faizzsheikh, Nov 13, 2013.

1. netove

netove Peon

Best Answers:
    Im very happy with bluehost also herd that iPage is good too. http://netove.com/hosting/
    godaddy sucks

netove, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  2. BITNETHOST

BITNETHOST Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shared Unlimited Hosting Explained Well
    when you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, you can eat an unlimited amount of food. However, it is impossible for you to eat an infinite amount of food because of the size of your stomach, the number of hours the restaurant is open, how much food is physically available, and the fact that you cannot share your food or take it home with you. Certain rules for the buffet are put in place so one person does not come in and take all the food from all the other paying customers.

So, make your own kitchen !!!

BITNETHOST, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    matt_62 and euro-space like this.
  3. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^ nice explanation :)

euro-space, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sorry, but it made me remember this:
    [​IMG]

You are right. But the problem with shared hosting starts with all the "unlimited" plans, i mean, why should someone ever need a dedicated server, when you can get "unlimited" for just $1. In the last 2-3 years, I have looked into buying out dozens of different small hosts. I have never met one that could legitimately honor the amount of hdd / bandwidth that they had sold for the price.

Hey op, another thing to watch out for with HG (and possibly others), is if you read their TOS, if you have only a tiny account, but have 2 backups stored in your account, that is a breach of the TOS (or at least it was 2 years back when i last read it), but the point is that the majority of the unlimited hosts are just waiting for an excuse to terminate you, and one host that I did buy out, confessed (after I took over the company) that while he sold unlimited hosting, he simply terminated every account when it hit the 1gb hdd mark. Just think about that, maybe your close to the secret limit, someone sends you an email, maybe an attachment in it, and boom. Everythings deleted, no backups, no warning, and no refunds.

Welcome to shared hosting. Have a nice day.

matt_62, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  5. euro-space

Best Answers:
    so the conclusion - better to know exactly what are you getting and for what price.

Cheers!

euro-space, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  6. KurotaTakumi

KurotaTakumi Peon

Best Answers:
    They have to limit it because the disk IO performance issue. Or you can choose the hosting who use the SSD.

KurotaTakumi, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  7. euro-space

Best Answers:
    SSD hosting could be expensive, while good SAS drives with RAID could deliver great hosting performance.

euro-space, Dec 6, 2013 IP