1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any age to start a business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by flippingdesk, Nov 24, 2013.

Hi guys
    I am 21 from India and manage few established online business and since my business is online i have more freelance employees rather than In-House.
    The problem is whenever i meet new business people my age comes in between and i feel under estimated.
    So, is there any specific age to start a business?
    F.Y.I i have started this business since when i was 17.:(

flippingdesk, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  2. WeepingLizard

WeepingLizard Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience the later you leave it the more you are sucked into the "proper" system and harder it becomes.

WeepingLizard, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  3. HostUS - Alexander

HostUS - Alexander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well i remember when i started my first business years and years ago when i was 14. That business was then sold when i was 15 for $x,xxx

HostUS - Alexander, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've dealt with people in the business community in their 60's who were immature, incompetent wasters. Conversely I've also dealt with people your age who were positively brilliant.
    In my view age has no bearing, competency does. Good luck to you with your endeavors.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 24, 2013 IP
    dean1122 likes this.
  5. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is no specific age. Older people can be bad business owners and young people can too. It just depends on how dedicated and determined a person is to have a successful business. If someone is trying to make you feel lesser than them due to your age it is because they feel as though you are a threat. I started my first business when I was 19 and I am 22 now and have two businesses.

funmom91, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  6. Cone Man

Cone Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure Mark Zuckerburg became a billionaire when he was 23.

Cone Man, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  7. Coach Kip

Coach Kip Member

Best Answers:
    Being a good business comes down to leadership, relationships with your customers and employees, and confidence in yourself. If you have this it does not matter how old you are. If others have a problem with you being young then it is their problem not yours.
    Forge on and best of luck

Coach Kip, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    basically there is no age limit while starting a new business. I have been running a business since i was 17, it is now a fully incorporated private company.
    if you want to do business in the future you need to start it as early as possible in the teen age.

dean1122, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  9. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There should be some life experience, preferably some work experience as well. Being a businessman requires some experience with money. Work somewhere and learn how to make money then start a business.

I don't think someone can get enough experience before 30. Of course there is no specific age for everyone. For example, if you grew up in a place where most people were businessmen, you may start a business when you are too young.

Inventors are a different story. They don't need to be a businessman to become a billionaire. They usually work for existing businesses for a small profit share of what they invented. Businessmen usually make more than inventors from the products of inventors. The big pictures are usually different if you like to look at a concept from different places. However I am not underrating any inventor and billions.

makeit easy, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  10. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no perfect age.

But there's a perfect time.

And that's RIGHT NOW.

I was killing it when I was in high school.

I suggest you do the same. :)

CandleKeep, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  11. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on your business. Age doesn't count, experience matters.

infoway111, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  12. Puneet Trehan

Puneet Trehan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find this question irrelevant. if you are already handling 3 business then forget what rest of people saying.
    Regarding the problem where your client are not taking you seriously, Hire a Business Analyst & take him with you, it will work but i hope your business idea is not confidential.

Puneet Trehan, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Disagree with this. Most young people don't have business minds. It can be a good time to learn useful skills though and develop a good work ethic.

dcristo, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  14. jhonsea

jhonsea Member

Best Answers:
    There is no perfect age for doing a business, it is not a matter, just focus on your business
    Good-luck.

jhonsea, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  15. Puneet Trehan

Puneet Trehan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If there is an age of maturity then there is an age of doing Busines. but if you are mature enough to understand and handle business then let others go to hell :)

Puneet Trehan, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will always have someone who will look down on you for your age, height, looks, gender, race, religion, ..., etc in the business world. You can't let them bother you. Thinking back I don't think anyone took me seriously in my 20's but there are plenty of successful young entrepreneurs out there. Heck even in my 30's there would STILL be people who would say "You're so young to be a director". It will never end. Then you will become a certain age where every body younger than you will look down at you for being "too old". It's a NEVER ENDING cycle.... So regardless of what age you are you must take control and be the boss ;)

NetStar, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  17. ibaj69

ibaj69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Flippindesk, I have to tell ya, as a offline business owner of 25+ yrs. I have dealt with all kinds and ages of business owners, and in my experience the ones who started young with a still open and shaping mind, but with healthy and lofty goals make the smartest, most profiting, and most inventive business men out there! I know how it can be employing someone older as I have quite often, but being online rather then brick and mortar, gives you a freedom to have more control over they way an employee views you as a boss. If your age is coming up sooner then you would like, (before you have established authority) then you keep that from happening (after all you are the owner and even closed minded idiots want there check)!!! Don't worry about how someone may or may not view your age, just be confident that you know your business and you are the one moving it forward! Because those who would make your age an issue are probably not the ones you want on your team anyway!!

Good luck to you my friend,
    AJ

ibaj69, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  18. hostingbourg

hostingbourg Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no age limit in business to my mind, a succesful young businessman would look more attractive for the customers in fact.

hostingbourg, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  19. netove

netove Peon

Best Answers:
    You see I wish I'd started earlier.. So I think it a always younger is better type deal..
    Vlad at Netove.com/hosting

netove, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  20. ServerPolice

ServerPolice Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maturity is what matters not age,
    If you are young and have a business mindset and intellectual maturity you will be taken seriously.

ServerPolice, Nov 26, 2013 IP