1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the possible act or stealing that have done by this malware?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by MBDungo, Nov 23, 2013.

Please review our conversation at: http://www.facebook.com/firm.tk/posts/192243020965056

As you can see, a stranger is inviting me to his website, and I view it using Firefox. But there's threat about .js file according to my Avast antivirus but his homepage is continually load. And I report it to him..

After reporting, he say to check his site again and I do it using Chrome, and this time there's no threat appear..

Was he trying to steal something from me? What do you think is the possible malicious act that he have done on my computer? Please help..

Solved! View solution.
    MBDungo, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  2. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Other than being really hard on the eyes, I don't really see malicious intent on his part, but I didn't thoroughly examine the site either. I received no warning message in Chrome, IE or my phone. Maybe it was one of the million ads on his site that was trying to do something?

aidanriley629, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Can't find anything suspect on that site, really, apart from atrocious vBulletin-coding and -themeing. Granted, I run AdBlocker, so maybe it hides whatever offending part of the site it was your Avast reacted to, but then again, it's Avast. Piece of horse-manure, if you ask me.
    I wouldn't really worry about it, unless you experience any weird behaviour from your computer afterwards.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  4. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I've experienced a weird behavior when I try compare words at http://www.textranch.com .
    Every after pressing enter to compare my sentences, the loading images didn't stop rotating unless I press the enter again.
    But it's now okay.. And I already quick scan this laptop and no threat found. But I still wondered why the images didn't stop at that time..

No, when you try to read our conversation on the Facebook page, you will see that he knows who caused the threat.

MBDungo, Nov 24, 2013 IP
    And again - Avast reporting "Threat detected" doesn't really mean much - it could, for instance, mean that the original creator uses javascript to check for certain elements in the browser you're using, or loads external content via unsecure scripts. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that there was an actual threat on the site in question, just that some script (as he states, he removed one javascript) behaves in a way that Avast deems potentially dangerous.

And the "weird behaviour" you're talking about doesn't have anything with viruses or spyware (or, at least, highly unlikely) - it's an ajax-problem, bad connection, long load-times etc. Ie a perfectly normal behaviour for a webpage to show.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 25, 2013 IP