1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sudden drop in my website traffic in the past 2 days!

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by regester, Sep 5, 2013.

Hello,

I experience sudden drop in my website traffic in the past 2 days, only about 20% of previous traffic!

I did a change and I think this may caused this drop and I want to confirm if adding attribute target="_blank" to internal site links in thread post may be the cause of this traffic drop and my website get penalized by google?

I've also noticed that direct traffic to my website has been decreased, traffic that come from other search engines didn't affect!

regester, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  2. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The second one cancel the first one. When you say your direct traffic, what is this if it doesn't come from search engines? possibly returned visitors? from your advertising? Loosing 80% of your traffic could be because seomthing was wrong with your website and many people can't reach it, because if it was your organic traffic, then you have been kicked by search engine like google, though it's not the case, so far "_blank" has never done any harm to my blogs or website.

IG2010, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  3. picobello

picobello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you notice a change in the ranking position you have vav your competitors in Google listing?

picobello, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  4. regester

regester Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Also I forgot to mention that I've noticed since this drop issue that all incoming visitors connection speed dropped to less than 1mbps! see the difference between traffic in the screenshots attached!

I've checked with my hosting provider and they confirmed that they don't have any route or connection issue from their end and I have checked connection speed by grabbing some files from different location to my server.

Any idea about this traffic issue?

Attached Files:

regester, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  5. regester

regester Member

Best Answers:
    The domain name is new and still have page rank 0, old domain was 1.

regester, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  6. asif shahzad

asif shahzad Active Member

Best Answers:
    nothing else only reason is google panda updating........

asif shahzad, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  7. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep on monitoring, your backlinks can't just disappear. You should get back and improve on your traffic and links. Just keep on working on your site too.

doktu, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  8. regester

regester Member

Best Answers:
    This may be due to Google panda update

http://searchengineland.com/google-may-be-updating-their-algorithm-but-they-wont-confirm-it-171159
    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-update-17328.html
    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-update-17268.html
    http://searchenginewatch.com/topic/google_penguin

So all search results of my forum now disappeared and gone! I lost thousands of visitors and my earning dropped drastically :(

regester, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  9. basit6162

basit6162 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    same problem, i have also lost my 80% traffic since 4 sptember 13 suddenly. don't know why google did this shit. lets wait and see whats happen

good links, very helpin the last one

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    basit6162, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  10. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    If you lost Google traffic you're breaking rules somewhere.

GregWR, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  11. dhanjit

dhanjit Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not only you but there are so many website owners are facing the same problem. Few reasons:

1) Check your Google analytics and if you are loosing traffic from Google then it's probably a penalty and your keywords are no more ranking. Check your webmaster tools for any new messages and if you got something then work on that.

2) If you have bought any banner or advertising from some popular sites or forums and getting referral then may be that your advertisement has been removed.

3) If you run Google adwords, check your keywords placement etc if you are not ranking on the 1st page then you might have been loosing traffic at there as well.

4) check your listing over Google maps and local places if it's not there then this may be a reason as well.

Hope these will help you.

dhanjit, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  12. top5seo

top5seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    adding target="_blank" shouldn't have any effect on your rankings. You say direct traffic dropped, but search traffic remained the same? Or do you mean traffic from google decreased, but other search engines remained the same?

If the latter is the case, then yes, it would probably be some sort of penalty. Alternatively, if your site was new (and the content was original/good quality) you may have been benefiting from a rankings/traffic due to the freshness of your content, which may have decayed.

The obvious things to check in terms of penalities are:-

Your link profile - have you been acquiring 'dodgy' links? Have you build links too quickly?
    Your content - is it original, high quality, decent length? Do you have lots of 'thin' pages which could be dragging your quality content down?

top5seo, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  13. regester

regester Member

Best Answers:
    I use an add-on that save incoming search words queries by incoming users to my forum

[​IMG]

Is this against SEO terms and this may have effect on this google panda update??

regester, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  14. Ashish Garg

Ashish Garg Member

Best Answers:
    same here 11 oct drop my 80% traffic i cant understand what problem in my website anyone can find the problem ??
    my site is indianfunnypicture.com

Ashish Garg, Nov 24, 2013 IP