1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with reciprocal linking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by smallbuzz, Dec 6, 2006.

I put up a page on my site http://www.smallbuzz.net/links.php, so that I can put reciprocal links when I submit to some directories. Now that I look at it, that page is eventually going to be filled up with just links, which is not good right? The problem is that I am not sure where else to put reciprocal links on my site. Where do you put yours?

smallbuzz, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  2. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    you could always add a short description to each link, then there will be a bit of content on that page too.

just-4-teens, Dec 6, 2006 IP
    seojig likes this.
  3. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    when u will go for link exchange you will get anchor text and description to put on your link page.so you should fill your link page with that.i have seen your link page it look like sitemap pages,don't do like that.see this link page http://www.weightworld.co.uk/link.php by this way u may have some content and one mmore thing,you should do link exchange only with related categary.all the best.

jignesh

seojig, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  4. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    hhheng, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  5. rjcruz

rjcruz Banned

Best Answers:
    Divide your link page to sub-categories. i.e. directories goes to the directory sub-page, and so on. Also, try not to cram a page with too much links. 20-25 are usually good. If you need to add more, put it on another page/next page. And write a brief description for each.

And don't name it Links/Link Pages. I've heard somewhere that that's not good. (pls. correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers :)

rjcruz, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  6. DomainDrivers

DomainDrivers Peon

Best Answers:
    You can call your links pages "partners" or "resources" but who are you trying to fool? I'm sure all the algos know they are links pages. Use sub directories based on categories. 20-25 per page is overly cautious...stay under 100.

DomainDrivers, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  7. dynamicseo

dynamicseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't make your links page a link firm, always try to get related theme based links. If possible try to get non-reciprocal links initialy.

dynamicseo, Dec 7, 2006 IP
    seoindiaweb likes this.
  8. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    or get recip links from niche sites that are related to yours.

just-4-teens, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  9. smallbuzz

smallbuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks all, i will try the suggestions.

smallbuzz, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  10. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I only include related sites on my resources page. Now, if I understand your question correctly, you built this links page specifically for directories you submit you site to that require a reciprocal link? There are many free directories out there that do not require a link back, stick to those. I wouldn't fill a whole page on your site up with mainly directories. Just my opinion of course. :)

Janet, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  11. candid_kris

candid_kris Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you opinion Janet...Maybe it'll be okay to link exchange with directories with good PR but if you really want to link exchange to it with those relevant sites with you...:)

candid_kris, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  12. Warkot

Warkot Peon

Best Answers:
    For best results, you should mix reciprocals and one-ways. With reciprocals alone you won't get too far. Also, that would get you a more natural linking profile.

If you're looking to get backlinks, you can use this free competition research tool, and analyze your competitors to see where their backlinks come from (paid, recips., links from blogs/forums, site-wides), then look at your own options and see what you can do to get ahead of them.

Hope this helps,
    Warkot

Warkot, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  13. jingquan

jingquan Peon

Best Answers:
    Same thing you did, but just more dynamic: orandysoftware.com/links/indexx.php

jingquan, Dec 9, 2006 IP